My 812 is Status 91 and is Stateside! | FerrariChat

My 812 is Status 91 and is Stateside!

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by JasonN, Jul 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    My dealer has not been a very good communicator since I placed my 812 order last November. I received an test on June 3rd that the car was status 30 paint. I followed up last week and was told it's in the US and they should get it in soon. I have nothing in my Ferrari account, no email from Ferrari and no production pictures. I met a guy at a car event last week that has quite the opposite experience when he ordered his cars.

Anyway, I will post pictures when it arrives in my driveway. There are times when I think my car doesn't even exist! Come of Ferrari, how difficult is it to send production pictures!

Super excited to finally see it, hear it and DRIVE it!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. jc0526

jc0526 Rookie

May 24, 2019
    You are in east coast or west coast? I am waiting my 812 also they told me the car gonna be in port this week. Your timeline is very similar to mine wondering if our cars are in the same shipment

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm on the East coast. Pittsburgh, PA. He told me it was already off the boat and should be at the dealer in DC next week. We shall see.

jc0526 likes this.
  4. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    As a data point, my car (https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/finally.601562/) has a March build sticker on the door jam.
    I'd been told lots of May delivery targets, nothing firm though.
    Delivery date in CA actually turned out to be 6/6.

My view is be patient, dealers are sort of the tail getting wagged -- they are more at the whim of corporate, but have to be the customer interface.

Let us know when it comes in Jason, looking forward to seeing some photos and hearing impressions.

sampelligrino likes this.
  5. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I got the impression that he is not in the know from Ferrari. Although another guy that a Taylor Made 488 Spider had a much better experience with his dealer. Even picks it up for free (6 hours away), services it and returns it. In all fairness, I haven’t asked my dealer if they do that.

I will certainly post pictures and give impressions vs my 458 Spider that I LOVE!

6. Techman

Techman Karting

Dec 9, 2003
    Congrats on it being stateside! Something strange is going on with my 812. It was status 70 on July 8th and hasn’t moved since. Anyone else have a similar experience?

7. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Thanks! Maybe it’s waiting for the boat to return;)

8. mgmoore

mgmoore Rookie

Jul 16, 2010
    SoCal
    My 812 was status 40 on July 1 and it hasn't changed as of July 24. With the factory shutting down for August they are likely focused on the cars that can be finished and shipped before the shutdown.

9. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Word is factory has already gone into summer break, a bit earlier than expected...