Who should replace Vettel? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Who should replace Vettel?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Jul 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who should replace Vettel?

1. Alonso

2. Rosberg

3. Button

4. Barrichello

5. Other (please mention)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    You have a point here, but what I'm saying is that the facts we have now are (1) results (2) team mates head-to-head. Until Ric beats Ham in the same car OR surpasses Ham's 5 WDCs, then Ham > Ric. Doesn't it make sense?

Take the British, for example. They keep insisting that Mansell was better than Piquet, even though Piquet won 3 WDCs, one of which when they were team mates.

ktu likes this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    +1

"Give to Ceasar what belongs to Ceasar ".

ktu likes this.
  3. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Beware of généralisations; I am a Brit and I think Piquet was a better driver than Mansell !

Flavio_C and VPX like this.
  4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    No it does not make sense. F1 is a team sport and you can only say that Lewis/Mercedes > Ric/RB > Ric/Renault.
    But as there are two factors driver+car involved you are far away from facts when you draw conclusions on the drivers alone.
    Winning a WDC in the current Mercedes might be less of an achievement than getting a Williams in Q3 so no way to compare the drivers on the results alone.

You are certainly free to think Lewis is better, nobody wants to take that from you... but please do me a favour and don't present that as fact when at the end of the day it is only an opinion... because this is what you guys always do: you call it facts and therefore basically call everybody a fool who dares to question that because "real facts" are not questionable whereas opinions are...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

TonyL and daytona355 like this.
  5. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Lolololol

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  6. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    How long ago was he beaten by Kvyat? Max still can’t pass someone without banging wheels and RB has put all their chips on Max. Ricci was treated as a second class driver at RB-8 retirements in 2018! Max had 3....both had 2 victories in 2018

daytona355 likes this.
  7. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Kvyat beat Ricci in 2015, Yes Ricci may have been treated as driver #2 at RB. F1 teams have #2 drivers, nothing new

8. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I can’t believe anyone holds up Danil the torpedo as some kind of superstar!!!!! The world has gone upside down hahahahaha. As if anyone seriously thinks danil could wax ricci these days. Laughable

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

9. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Danial could wax SV in a NY heartbeat. He already has.

Why do you think the whiner left RB as soon as he could? (well other than for the money and not having to compete against a better driver)?

Newey knew what a one dimensional POS he was.

10. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    that's because the media want MV to be top dog, he creates news, something to write about, something to spice up the event. But we cannot call him Top Cat at the moment. That accolade lays with LH for the time being.

Tony
    Ps I don't support any driver, the team comes first for me.

11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Who do you mean, Daniel or Danil? Your post isn’t clear... I never realised Newey was team boss, I thought he was a Car designer, plus, Vettel signed an option to join Ferrari long before he activated it to leave Red Bull, it was the performance clauses in his contract triggered by the inability of Newey to design a winning car that let him activate the release. Facts man, facts, not surmise or fanciful guesswork

stavura and Bas like this.
  12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Agreed, minus the fact that the Red bull was a poor design...the car was quite good, but the renault was piss poor.

stavura likes this.
  13. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Newey did design a winning car though. A winning car wins...and the RB10 did so 3-times.

william likes this.
  14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And did that car win on own merits or only because Mercedes screwed up?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The latter

daytona355 likes this.
  16. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    It won 3 races, so was a winning car, end of story. Just like the Ferrari 88c was a winning car.
    Mercedes had by far the strongest car/engine package in 2014 as we know, with clearly the best power unit. Red Bull was 2nd in the constructors - the RB10 having a strong chassis (possibly the best by end of season) that was capable of podiums and wins when the others stumbled.

ktu and william like this.
  17. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1
    The Redbull was capable on the given circuit vs Mercedes and others. It lacked power not aero overall.

ktu, Bas and william like this.
  18. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    "End of story"???... so you do not think it makes a difference whether a car won because it was the best car on the track or whether it won because the dominant cars crashed out?
    So the Toro Rosso STR3 is a "winning car" in your books because it crossed the line first once? OK, we might have a different definition of "winning car"....

daytona355 and bmwracer like this.
  19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    An engine that wins 3 GPs in one season cannot be that bad.

20. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    My apologies, that was not my intention. When I meant British I was thinking about some specific persons such as Murray Walker and Martin Brundle.

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The chassis/aero did was better than whatever Ferrari produced. They did not win the races on merit it was only because Mercedes' screw ups.

stavura, daytona355 and P.Singhof like this.
  22. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Hi Tony. I do believe Max is a top dog as good as or perhaps even better than Hamilton. It's a long story that I already told in other topics but I met Jos & Max when a driver I know was racing in the same team, back during his euro karting career. Among well-respected talent scouts and F1 insiders, Max is in indeed regarded as a possible new Ham/Senna/Schu.

23. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Williams designed a winning car in 2010 then apparently. They won a race. The fact everyone else dropped out and had issues has nothing to do with it - class of the field that Williams!! Hehehehhehehe. I do find some of these posts difficult to take seriously these days.

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

24. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Max is certainly from the Senna / Schumacher mould, and in equal cars he would smash Hamilton.
    Lewis will be retiring just in time and won't be suffering the humiliation

stavura, Finlander and daytona355 like this.
  25. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Hi Flavio, I don't disagree with anything you say but I get worried about comparing drivers of a different generation and indeed driving different cars. LH is exceptional in the current Mercedes and MV is exceptional in the current RB. Similarly Leclerc in the Ferrari is exceptional but the car isn't up to it or he isn't getting full works backing because of SV.

If we swap them over[LH] then MV would undoubtedly win many more races or even the WDC, but we cannot compare the two as they are separate humans with different identities and moreover different styles. Would that fall into the Mercedes design envelope?

To be credited in there own era as top dog of the sport, the No 1 driver, they need total team support & a successful one at that. Mercedes is delivering for LH, RB need to catch up for MV. He can then be judged if he wins multiple championships on his own merit.

Over the many years I have been following F1, there have been many extraordinary drivers whom should have won the WDC [Berger perhaps?] but didn't, luck wasn't on their side.

Best

Tony