Who should replace Vettel? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Who should replace Vettel?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Jul 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who should replace Vettel?

1. Alonso

2. Rosberg

3. Button

4. Barrichello

5. Other (please mention)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I thought you guys said the drivers now are not as talented and can't be as good do to the car being 90% of the equation. Now you say Max is of the Senna/Schumacher mold, even though he didn't win in the Torro Rosso. He only won when he went to a top team. Explain

william likes this.
  2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It actually PROVES what we have said. Back in the day, a great driver could have made a difference... nowadays, the car is so dominant that even a great driver won’t make enough difference to make a car outperform itself by a significant enough margin to win against the dominant car. Max does some great things, makes the red bull outperform itself, but there’s too much of a gap to the Mercedes for it to bring him regular victories. Back in fairer times, he’d have cleaned Elton’s clock a fair few times by now

SimCity3, stavura and TonyL like this.
  3. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    He shouldn't be replaced, his wife is very happy with him. He brings in a lot of money, and only bangs into other drivers asses.

daytona355 likes this.
  4. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Sure you're talking about Elton's clock? :D :D :D

5. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    ? So if the driver can't make enough difference because of the car, how do you know the talents of Max is superior?

william likes this.
  6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Every race is won on merit !

It's not the fault of the winner if the others falter around him !

ktu likes this.
  7. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    That was 2012...and that Williams qualified on pole and led the majority of laps so it was not down to everyone else dropping out. An aberrant result for sure - that year all about getting the high deg Pirellis in the right window, and Williams simply got it right that weekend. I would not personally consider the FW34 a 'winning' car per se just because they never looked close to being about to replicate their Spanish GP pace on any other occasion.

A car that wins three races and podiums regularly - like the RB10....absolutely.

8. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    But it is not his achievement either...

Bas, 375+ and daytona355 like this.
  9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Ah, 2012, my mistake, it’s because I couldn’t care less about any team and it’s resutls bar Ferrari, had to guess. So, the red bull was a winning championship contender because they managed three wins, yet the Williams wasn’t, coz they only managed one....hmm, the plot gets thicker.........seems to me in reality for most people, neither is considered a winning car as neither had any hope of either championship, both merely took advantage of slim pickings created when the form team of that year faltered

10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It’s definitely a saying in the US, cleaning someone’s clock..... I was a bit concerned to use it, given the report button gets hit on me more often than on a catholic priest, but it is apparently genuine!

11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Can’t you tell greatness when you see it? Well, that does explain a lot buddy... hehehehehe.

What is it about me that you find so fascinating, trying to twist and turn every conversation into a slanging match if you can? You should keep your finger off the report button if you are going to an actively try to engage me to create an argument, as otherwise it’s called entrapment. I’ve no interest in such an argument as I couldn’t care less what your assessment of anything is, it’s always wrong

12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Look at who's ahead on track, that says i know greatness when i see it. I have never used the report button, no need to, this is too easy. Im just trying to keep up with the ever changing standards around here. One day the current drivers has little talent because the car drives itself, the next day Max is mentioned in the same sentence as Senna lol, whats next

13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Yeah, that Mercedes is absolutely a great car, absolutely right. The donut in it, not so much

14. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Won’t be Rossi, he is staying in Indy.

15. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    it is days like today that show you Vettel still has it....just has to figure out how to put a whole weekend together again

16. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Pretty much only driver not to make mistakes today...

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Yep, the rain master was 12th wasn’t he? Hahahahaha..... Seb finally showed his true colours today, may it be the start of his return to form

stavura, Jeronimo GTO and Igor Ound like this.
  18. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    The driver that should replace Vettel is Vettel

19. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Forget who is replacing Vettel, what about both Mercedes drivers? They looked like complete rookies. Hamilton who is amazing in the rain completely fell apart today. Bottas could not get around Lance troll I mean Stroll? WTF!

20. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Now maybe Vettel should go to Merc - he'd get a chance to drive a winning car, and Ferrari fans (?) would be relieved to get rid of such a lousy driver...

Flavio_C likes this.
  21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Any team can have a bad day, and Mercedes is not immune to that.
    The weather conditions played havoc with the Mercedes strategy and caught out both drivers, that's a fact.
    A setback, but not catastrophic; both drivers still lead the WDC, and the team the WCC, by a large mrgin.

22. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Not surprised by your response and no it was not Mercedes strategy and yes it was crazy conditions. Both drivers made mistakes and were at fault. Especially Hamilton, he lost the car 3 times and finished last.

daytona355 and stavura like this.
  23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes, it was a GP completely lost for Mercedes, but it's not too bad compared to the 9 GPs they have already won this year.
    You have to keep things into perspective and look at the bigger picture.
    Yet again, Ferrari hasn't won today !!

24. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Yes your are right Ferrari did not win today but at Vettel finished second coming from 20th and Lewis did the complete opposite and finished dead last. You have to look at one race at a time not the big picture. Mercedes lost because both drivers didn't know which direction to go on the track.

daytona355 and stavura like this.
  25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I am glad that you are easily satisfied with one second place, and chose to disregard 9 wins.
    I always look at the big picture myself, and never get exited by a blip on the screen.
    The man of the day was undeniably Verstappen, credit to him, and not a Ferrari driver.