FORMULA 1 MERCEDES-BENZ GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 6 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 MERCEDES-BENZ GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jul 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazz99

tazz99 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2007
    Kennesaw, GA
    Full Name:
    Seth
    They already have...

Jack-the-lad and sampelligrino like this.
  2. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    If I were Leclerc, with the current situation, I would have a talk with Toto Wolf for next year :(

crinoid and william like this.
  3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Team fail - mechanical. Sad. I think Vettel and Charles would have a good result for qualy and the race. Team fail. Driver has no control. Tough day. Make the best of tomorrow and keep up the fight.

crinoid likes this.
  4. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Fight for what? Ferrari will get second place at the end of the season. That’s already decided. There’s nothing left to fight for this season

bmwracer likes this.
  5. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    Team just needs leadership. Can’t blame Seb (today). Team needs a principal from outside Italy, I think.

6. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Developments will carry to next year. Data extracted and applied.

7. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Nembo1777 and F430 F1 Singapore like this.
  8. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    Kimi in 5th. Didn't even get a 2nd lap.

Honda has really done an amazing job.

9. ralphedel

ralphedel Rookie

Feb 15, 2009
    I don't want to speculate on what Ferrari might be doing or not doing relative to the car's reliability but it does seem to me that Seb has more bad luck than just about any driver I can think of. Having said that I am sure someone has the stats to either support or destroy my sense but in thinking about his starting position tomorrow, I thought I might be worthwhile to award points at the end of the race based on how many positions a driver improved. Certainly there is a level of skill involved in moving toward the front during a race and I think it would be appropriate to recognize those accomplishments. I am not, however, in favor of deducting points for how many positions are lost. It would be interesting to see how the championship standings might have been impacted if that were done in a past season. Inquiring mind want to know.

10. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    People here always talks about overreacting Italians and impatient Italian press, but I guess most here are WASPa yet already are in panic mode asking for Binotto's head and a return of the Marlboro man.

So far I'm not impressed by Binotto, but let's not forget that he was appointed to the job quite late with not a lot of margin for error and that Arrivabene's second season was worse than his first, but things got better later. So I'll give Bin8 some leeway for now.

11. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Binotto is simply not team principle material, but doesn’t mean he isn’t competent IN HIS OWN FIELD.. ferrari need to bring someone in, or promote someone from within, that is team principle material, that’s all. Binotto needs to move back to technical where his skills are most useful. All that is happening at the moment is that the guy is losing what little confidence he has, and those around him are sinking in attitude.

I seem to remember someone talking about Gerhard Berger being a decent option, and I think someone like that would be the right move. Confident, a people person, a motivator, concentrating on getting the most from happy people at the factory and the track would be the right move, Binotto in charge of technical matters, a Berger-alike in charge of man management and political bullshitting...... I’m not saying Berger is the right man, but someone like him could be the answer, it would certainly give the team a lift to have a positive attitude around them.

Right now, both drivers are likely very low, feeling that they aren’t able to show their full potential whether it be by mistakes or reliability.. I agree that we are likely to lose Sebastian at the end of the year, and it will be a shame that we haven’t been able to offer him a true opportunity to work the way he is so capable of. I don’t think Charles will leave, he is a part of the actual ferrari family, and unlikely he could leave after only a season provided we appoint someone that can give fresh hope of better organisation, and some political savvy. We used to be so good at that game, but Mercedes money has certainly diminished it to almost zero in recent years.

375+ likes this.
  12. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    Ever heard of Chris Amon? :p

william, Nembo1777, slm and 1 other person like this.
  13. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    He’s actually an Austrian of some Romanian decent.

14. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Reminds me of photos of Adolf Hitler.

daytona355 likes this.
  15. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    #140 WPOZZZ, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    daytona355 likes this.
  16. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    2008 was the year of the wrong champions.
    Ferrari won the "team" championship only because they had two drivers getting points, not because the team earned it.
    Ham won the driver's championship not because he out-drove Massa, but because he had much better support from the team.
    (Remember Ham blatting into the barrier in Monaco, and the team getting him back out without much loss of time? By contrast, Ferrari kept bringing Massa into the pits to assure he was carrying a maximum load of fuel for the short stints.)

Ferrari seems to have a knack for putting obstacles in their own way.

william, ypsilon and daytona355 like this.
  17. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Making sense on an F1 discussion? Oh the humanity! :p

daytona355 likes this.
  18. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

After the tropical heat of Frankfurt at 4am on Fri requiring much Guinness to aid operational cooling and around 30 degrees in Stuttgart yesterday, i would say the chances of a Mercedes over heating today are virtually zero. Temps now much lower and a decent breeze.
    Perhaps we will see Max into T1 to prevent a timed speed trial procession at front ?

daytona355 likes this.
  19. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Binotto is Swiss.

daytona355 likes this.
  20. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So he is about as Italian as Toto is German :rolleyes:

Nembo1777 and daytona355 like this.
  21. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Binotto is doing a good job .
    As a Ferrari fans we shouldn't overreact because if you look closely the bigger picture he is very pragmatic.
    Before bringing updates they need to understand the car and they have made good improvements last four races .
    This year results are based on arrivabene organisation and binotto is building a whole new organisation .
    Those who want him to resign need to remember the Aldo Costa case ..

22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Is he switching teams?

375+ and LVP488 like this.
  23. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He is a joke "oh I don't know how we pulled this off" erm. Ferraris both breaking down, red bull not a qualifying monster... And the Mercedes clearly is!

jpalmito and stavura like this.
  24. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    He's Austrian/Romanian via Latvia and Moldova. He grew up in Arkansas, France.

25. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    They fired the guy who delivered TWO WCC capable cars, and they kept Seb. Binotto STILL favors Seb over the ballerina.

These people need to be fired and ridiculed for their chronic stupidity.

william likes this.