Miscellaneous Car News | Page 783 | FerrariChat

Miscellaneous Car News

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Mar 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Look closely at the helmets that Ferrari's F1 pit crew wear - same finish as used on 550 Barchetta helmets and of course all switchgear since 2001.

knocker and Maranello550 like this.
  2. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Ugly. Freak ugly. A block of flats with a J-2 strapped to it

IanB likes this.
  3. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
  4. MonsterCro

MonsterCro Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hi Everyone. Finally have some time to sit down and browse fchat. All the car insurance from theft have finally been sorted with 1 arrest made which was interesting. 1of the set of keys they took had all our house keys and workshop keys. Also had my storage unit keys on there as well. Little I was unaware the located the storage unit and went through it all and took all documents related to my cars. The worst thing about it is they took all my 308 history documents. What happened was I was checking the 308 and starting it up to put fuel in it as it has been sitting for awhile. As soon as I pull out I get pulled over and asked to hop out of the car. After lots of questions the police officers asked me how long have I had the car for as it has been reported stolen. I've explained I have owned the car for over 12 years and I have not reported it stolen but I have 3 other cars recently stolen. Checking my license they said that I was not the registered owner of the car the owner has claimed it to be stolen. The car was ceased by the police for investigation.

What ended up happening they were some rego papers in the storage locker for some of my cars which they took and and used false ID to transfer the cars over to them claiming it was sold. They also transfered the 328 and my datsun 1200

Once we realised what had happened and provided proof of financial transactions that I didn't sell the cars and that the documents were stolen from my storage locker using the keys for when they broke into my house, the police were then very helpful. So the guy that got arrested was for insurance fraud claiming possession of vechiles he did not have. After 2 weeks the police released my cars back with me being the rightful owner once all the evidence was presented and I had nothing to do with the previous car thefts and the insurance claims on the 2 ferraris and datsun.

Now that the 308 is back and clear of any wrong doing. Looking at doing a drive soon. I know knocker and myself were looking at doing a drive to bathurst for a lunch run if anyone is interested. I'm away in Brisbane till Thursday night but looking forward to going for a drive somewhere

5. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Fkn hell! How did they ever think they’d get away with that?

6. MonsterCro

Mar 4, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    They must know someone dumb enough to try it. The rego trail went through 3 different names before this einstein tried to make this claim

7. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Bloody hell!

8. MonsterCro

Mar 4, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    yes relief if is all over but bummed about losing all the history paperwork for the 308. I only have a few documents that I have at home now.

9. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Far out, thats heart breaking. These creeps make your blood boil. My old man lost all his DB9 books and documents. I’ve subsequently moved all mine just in case. I had them in the car, not anymore

10. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    #19561 knocker, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Hope your well Steve
    I like the sound of Bathurst 17/18th August, it’s my next weekend free and it’s quite after then so I’m pretty easy for a drive on or after that weekend

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    I’m so glad you still have that car mate, it’s part of my Ferrari memories, please look after it

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. Maranello550

Maranello550 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Fuchs me dead Steve ... That’s unbelievable..How the hell can this trash think they can make a living out of ripping people like this....Hopefully they will put them in jail..

Steve355F1 likes this.
  13. MonsterCro

Mar 4, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    At this point it's only 1 person who is being charged for insurance fraud and claimed that he purchased the cars. The police believe he is just a dodgy character unrelated to the actual theft of the cars initially but came across the paperwork and had a go at it.

The alfa and Porsche were found in Perth Docks ready to go to Singapore. They only reason they were found was because the Porsche VIN was checked against the documents and was picked as stolen. A police report was stated that there was more than one car and the alfa was found along with 6 other stolen cars going abroad. I'm not entitled to the cars as I have already been paid out but had to prove I had no involvement in it.

The sender details were all bogus using a fake company name and details. The police believe this is a startup syndicate due to the rookie mistakes as this is the 3rd attempt they have foiled. They have purchased the cars from the original thieves and now are trying to unload them.

I'm glad on my end it's over and done with and can get back to normal.

14. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Jeeesus! Surely the cops can track down the original thieves now. There may be hope to get your docs back

15. MonsterCro

Mar 4, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I think the documents are long gone now but you never know. Hopefully one of them will be stupid enough to put them for sale online

16. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Wow, what a nightmare! Glad you have it sorted to some extent...

17. MonsterCro

Mar 4, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks yes on my end its sorted So I wont have any issues with the cars

18. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    au-yt likes this.
  19. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    Good point, mobile phone usage seems to match the time frame of the lost decade.

20. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Nuts!!!

He just happened to find rego papers for a ghost Ferrari. Was it advertised on Gumtree :p

Surprised the transfer of these cars to multiple names didn't raise any red flags on the RTA/RMS systems.

21. AKA

AKA F1 Rookie

May 17, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John McCabe
    I'm so sick of reading the raw number of deaths, it means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Two seconds on google shows me that the number of people dying in road accidents per 100,000 has been and is still decreasing, 2018 was 4.6 people, the lowest it has EVER been.

Death rate per billion KMs travelled has also never been lower.

We have more people on the road because our population increased, even if we stayed at the same rate per 100,000, the raw numbers would of course go up.

I agree with most safety devices in vehicles, but these reports of "horror" years can f off, they are bullcrap.