FORMULA 1 MERCEDES-BENZ GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 21 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 MERCEDES-BENZ GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jul 28, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Fixed that for you.

daytona355 likes this.
  2. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Funny to watch, but Merc did at least realize that putting Ham on another set of slicks wasn't a good idea, so they rushed the slicks back to the garage and pulled out Inters.

If only Leclerc's pit crew were as on the ball, maybe he wouldn't have wound up in the barrier.

william likes this.
  3. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    There was absolutely a danger of having what was left the front wing folding under the car or cutting a tire and so littering the track with debris.

william likes this.
  4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I could ask you why so many self-confessed tifosi on this forum are so vociferous against Ferrari ?

Most of the criticism I read here against the Ferrari management, engineers, drivers and else come from people who claim to like Ferrari !

That always puzzled me !

5. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes, as a F1 follower since 1961, not a specific team supporter.

I am only interested in the racing; who wins doesn't matter to me.

ypsilon likes this.
  6. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    True, but unfortunately pit crew cockups are just standard procedure for Ferrari.

7. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    That was more of a case of "mind's made up":
    Once they made the call to bring Charles into the pit, they shifted from "planning" to "execution".
    (And, apparently, stopped looking at the radar.)
    Ham's crew was still evaluating, even while struggling with the nose.

8. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    #508 P.Singhof, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Everybody else can drive off the race line and back to the pits... but obviously that does not apply for Lewis. That is why he parked on track last year after spitting his hydraulic fluids to the race line at the same venue because he is so concerned about track security :rolleyes:
    It is absolutely hilarious how you guys come up with excuses....not only that crashing was not the same as Sebs mistake last year but also different rules apply for the rainmaster when limping back to the pits..And while running headless around the car the Mercedes crew is actually smart for having a 30 second brainstorming about the optimum tires. Unfortunately Lewis did not get the memo what the conclusion was to be the optimum tire as he spun soon after flat-spotting this carefully selected special set :rolleyes:
    But actually this was a really great weekend because one race more done and the points difference remains the same, maybe one should give him driver of the day for this exceptional performance. Let´s hope he can perform at the same extraordinary level in the next races....

PS: the weekend is even more extraordinary for Lewis as he even gained two more points on Bottas after being promoted to 9th....

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  9. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    If you are a real tifosi, you are not supposed to say that.

10. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    From my point of view, everyone on the podium deserved to be there. Rain gave all the teams an drivers a chance to show how fast they can dance. Max made the most of his chances and won decisively and deservedly. Vettel showed the form we've been hoping for over the last two years, and earned my respect. If he keeps this up he will earn his spot on next year's team.

Lots of drivers made mistakes and paid the price. Not because they were stupid or untalented but because they wanted to win and they took the chance, Bottas and Leclerc among them. For the most part the drivers outperformed their teams.

I would have given Max driver of the day but the fact is that Vettel had a higher mountain to climb, and he did it.

All the drivers who made it to the finish had their share of drama. Luck and timing touched them all. It was a wild and crazy and honest race. I enjoyed it fully.

375+, daytona355, TonyL and 2 others like this.
  11. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Oh I did enjoy watching Merc struggle for a change. 60 seconds of schadenfreude.

Outside the tyre strategy dynamic, I was just speculating how close Seb might have been with crisper pits.

daytona355 and stavura like this.
  12. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Yes, I figured the slower engagement was better in the wet. Can't see how that could be unintentional, but I'm not a systems engineer.

13. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Well said. Has ZERO to do with hating LH, or Vettel or Stroll LOL, who the FIA favors etc. We were given a superb and fun experience today. Was a race worth experiencing on all levels. Happy to be with the experience of F1 today.

We should savor the moments today given. Next race will possibly be less of this calibre today.

william and jcurry like this.
  14. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    True and PROUD tifosi here mate..... But if/when Ferrari screws up, I'll be the first to say it.

TifosiUSA, daytona355 and Bas like this.
  15. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    daytona355, stavura and crinoid like this.
  16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Great race,rain proving to be the great leveler.

Well done to anyone that finished in one piece,and thanks to Mercedes for proving that that they are far from invincible,that pit stop was pure Gold!

I'm not really sure what happened ,just glad it's over.LH;)

375+ and daytona355 like this.
  17. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Didn't know Ham and Kubica got promoted to point finishes! Cool! Goes to show if you can bring it home, it could pay off

18. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #518 Mark(study), Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Lewis won today in his pursuit for a sixth championship, as his primary goal was to widen the gap on the one man who can still beat him. Bottas could have drawn within 21 points. Instead, Lewis has extended to 41 points with 10 races to go.

More importantly Vettel and Max showed they could win again. If either man can win 6 of the next 10 races they might beat Lewis for the championship ( if Lewis plays it conservative or falls off his string of first and second finishes). My guess is Lewis will win 2 races, Bottas will win 2, Max will win 2 more, and each Ferrari driver will win 1 or 2. Its to Lewis’s advantage if F1 has a lot of different winners for the next ten races.

19. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Porridge must be kicking himself ,and yes the team pushing him to go faster in those conditions was a mistake, just let the drivers get on with it.No distractions.

20. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Wow that was FUN! What a fun race to watch. What weird stuff! Alfa leading Ferrari. Toro Rosso leading Red Bull. Lance Stroll running in first place and almost getting a podium.

Hamilton shows he's human. Bottas blows it as does Leclerc.

You have to think Leclerc could have won this race.

Congrats to Vettel for finishing 2nd. Pretty amazing.

william and Jakuzzi like this.
  21. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  22. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Honestly this fries me. The guy has been 1-2 all season and he's anguished over one bad race? Seems like a DRAMA QUEEN. I understand wanting to always win but this just looks silly.

nsxrebel, TifosiUSA, 375+ and 5 others like this.
  23. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yup ,agreed

Image Unavailable, Please Login

nsxrebel and daytona355 like this.
  24. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee

TifosiUSA, 375+, stavura and 3 others like this.