430 - help!! buying 2007 F430?? | FerrariChat

430 help!! buying 2007 F430??

Discussion in '360/430' started by Roger LaPlante, Mar 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roger LaPlante

Mar 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    Roger LaPlante
    Hello Ferrari team!!!! i am brand new to the forum as i am purchasing a 2007 f430 spyder...
    it is not a private sale but from a non-ferrari dealer and little info is known about the car it is 1 owner and has 4800 orig miles F1 tran and is all original from what im told no major work has been done to the car such as clutch etc .... any TIPS here on what i should be looking for ? maybe any obvious issues that i can ask about or should look for ?? appreciate any feed back guys thanks for taking the time !!!!

2. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    whatheheck likes this.
  3. aleary360

aleary360 Karting

Nov 23, 2015
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Al Leary
    My recommendation is to take for PRE-INSPECTION (Prefer a Ferrari authorize service). Then what ever the outcome of the inspection then negotiate for a much better price cause I will need it to get the car up to your standard. See checklist below..............

1) Condition of headers. Any cracks or signs of pre-cat deterioration.

2) Condition of exhaust. Any cracks on exhaust brackets.

3) How many keys come with the car?

4) Is the Tool Kit included.

5) Is the tire inflator included.

6) Is the battery charger with the car?

7) How much life left on clutch?

8) When was last service done?

9) How much life left on tires?

10) Owners manual and maintenance booklet included?

11) Flashlight in glove compartment?

12) Windscreen with the car (Spider / Convertible)?

13) Is there Front clear bra installed?

14) Brake pads and rotor, how much life left?

15) Car cover included?

16) Please check oil pump and water pump for any signs of leaks.

17) Any oil leak present in cylinder head gaskets?

18) Stereo Code numbers available?

19) Stereo head unit remover key available?

20) Roof fabric condition? Any wear or holes? (Spider)

21) Roof mechanism works smoothly with no issues? (Spider)

22) Any door dings or scratches?

23) Front bumper scrapes?

24) Condition of leather seats?

25) Please check engine mounts and transmission mounts for rubber deterioration, cracking, etc.

26) What upgrades aftermarket parts has been added to the car?

27) Car been detailed inside and out lately?

4. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Does the car have all the service records? I would buy a car from a Ferrari Dealership or someone who specializes in F-cars but when it is some non-Ferrari entity it would make me nervous. When I was looking for my F430, one of the cars I focused on was being sold by a Mercedes Dealership in West Virginia and it was a chore dealing with them and I did not buy their car.
    I would hire a Ferrari Tech and pay him the 1-2% of the car price to go over it, well worth it.

5. Buzios

Buzios Karting

Aug 5, 2018
    Like others said, just get a good PPI. Where are you located/where’s the car? Folks here can quickly recommend a trusted expert to you so you can get a thorough PPI done.

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    roger im about to list my 07 spider F1 with big msrp and 2900 miles for sale. DM if you care. full service history, red/tan and a ton of factory carbon. im the original owner, sold it to an fchat member for a few years, and then I bought it back

7. rcoppolino

rcoppolino Rookie

Dec 14, 2012
    Looking at a 2006 F430 Manchester new Hampshire,any recommendations on a Ferrari technician to check the car out.

8. driller1

driller1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 14, 2015
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I am also in NH, near the seacoast and 1/2 hour outside of Manchester.
    We used to have Ferrari Dave right in Bedford. He moved his shop last year to Sarasota Florida. When Dave was planning on leaving he recommended a couple of shops to me, One of them was HM Motorsports in Merrimack, NH. I haven't used them myself for any repair or PPI, but Dave did express confidence in them. I have used a shop that required trailering my car quite a distance since Dave left.
    I have owned my F430 for many years now and feel free to PM me if you have questions about the typical 430 quirks and things to spend significant time on when inspecting.
    If this is your first Ferrari I can assist in any way please let me know. Given the fact this shop is not heavy into Ferrari sales, even though they may have integrity, please take what they say with a grain of salt regarding car specifics.

9. rcoppolino

rcoppolino Rookie

Dec 14, 2012
    Thank you the information,the dealer is COMET AUTO SALES 984 SECOND STREET
    MANCHESTER, NH 03102.
    They produced a bill from Ferrari of Bedford, dated 7/2018 I not sure if Dave was there then.
    Car looks ok not much on service records,7000 mls.

10. driller1

driller1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 14, 2015
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Scott
    July of 2018 is right around the time Dave was doing his last jobs before moving.
    He is now,
    Sarasota Italian Garage. www.fluentinferrari.com
    He may have some notes on the service, and car condition.

Have you moved forward with the purchase?

11. rcoppolino

rcoppolino Rookie

Dec 14, 2012
    Not yet,still doing my homework.