Silly Season 2020 F1 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Silly Season 2020 F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jul 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 yep

william likes this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It's hard for me to believe that Vettel would accept to be number 2 to Verstappen, because it's in fact what would happen.

I'm 360 Canuck, Finlander and VPX like this.
  3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

So Vettel May leave?? No loss!!!

VPX likes this.
  4. DF1

I see Vettel in this doing a “Kimi”. Let me drive and enjoy :)

I'm 360 Canuck, VPX and william like this.
  5. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Exactly, drive without pressure.

VPX likes this.
  6. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Let us not forget that Toto implied already last year that Ocon has a drive for 2020 - but with whom ?

VPX likes this.
  7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Elite Taxis, Düsseldorf! Hehehehehehehehe

8. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Yehh, let us replace Vettel who cannot seems to win anymore by Riciardo who got trashed by Verstappen last year..... If Ferrari is REALLY serious about winning, they should go after Max.

I'm 360 Canuck, jehu999 and RobertJRB like this.
  9. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Well, Ricciardo beat Bettel and was not so "trashed" by Verstappen, so it would an improvement. Anyway, I doubt that Verstappen will be available anytime soon.

daytona355, william and DF1 like this.
  10. DF1

https://www.planetf1.com/news/ricciardo-not-committing-to-renault-long-term/

Although Daniel Ricciardo has denied he’s off to Ferrari next season, the Aussie has left the door open for 2021 as he says he’s not ready to commit to Renault long-term.

Ricciardo shocked many, including his former Red Bull bosses, when he signed with Renault back in August last year.

The seven-time grand prix winner committed to a two-year deal which has now put paid to rumours that he’s being lined up by Ferrari to replace Sebastian Vettel should the German retire at the end of this year.

However, that doesn’t mean he can’t head to Maranello in 2021 should Vettel not re-sign with the Scuderia.

Speaking to Corriere della Sera, the Aussie admitted he’s not ready to commit to Renault beyond 2020 as he first wants to see his current team at least fight for ‘best of the rest’ in the standings.

“For now the answer is no but not out of distrust of Renault,” he said in an interview with the Italian publication.

“I want to wait for the second part of the season.

“I expect to see signs: I would like the team fighting with McLaren for fourth place in the constructors.”

As for speculation that Vettel, his former team-mate at Red Bull, blocked Ferrari’s attempts to sign Ricciardo for the 2018 season, the Renault driver said he cannot imagine one driver having that much power.

“I don’t have an answer to this question.

“But if I put it to myself, I say that it is not possible: I refuse to think that a team of this kind should be influenced by a driver.”

daytona355 likes this.
  11. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    375+ likes this.
  12. DF1

Agreed!! I’ve rebooked all travel now. I know the universe is at peace :)

13. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Perez should try to move to Haas! Remaining in Force India he risks being sabotaged just so that Lance can shine a bit.

375+ likes this.
  14. DF1

I agree. What is keeping him at this location/team.

15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

So far, Lance Stroll has scored more points for Racing Point than Sergio Perez who isn't having a good year.

16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

He probably feels comfortable in that environment. Sergio isn't top team material, and he knows it.

17. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Wait, Perez had 13 points and Stroll only 6 before the crazy Germany GP.

Bas likes this.
  18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Well, now Stroll has 18 points, and Perez still 13 !!

19. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    But, but, but...this is the story of this modern "Formula One" that we have now:
    - on one hand, Sergio has every reason to move.
    - on the other hand...he has nothing to gain in a "lateral" move...

A guy with Sergio's experience should here, right now ("Hic et nunc", in Latin: "right now") either find a very good seat in a first or second tier team, or otherwise be damned for ever, shifting from third tier team to another third tier team. Or retire.
    As the top seats are not available, well...what interest does he have in shifting from Racing Point (Force India) to Haas? Well, not much actually...

Rgds

william likes this.
  20. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    one crazy race does not a season make.

375+, Flavio_C and VPX like this.
  21. DF1

His almost podium identical to his Baku podium. It was the result of others issues more than his skill. Perez is known as a decent F1 driver. Lance is developing what little talent he has lol. Thanks Papa :) Poor child.

Flavio_C and VPX like this.
  22. DF1

Teams develop. He could be lucky in a lateral to find them more competitive. Question is will he take the risk if a seat is offered.

23. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Somehow, I'm pretty sure that the pecking order for 2020 will be the same than the one of 2019, that is:
    Top Tier: Mercedes, Red Bull-Honda, Ferrari (perhaps...)
    Second tier: McLaren, and perhaps (perhaps...) Renault
    Third Tier: Toro Rosso, Alfa Romeo (Sauber) Racing Point, Haas, Williams (Perhaps...or making the fourth tier all alone?)

So...frankly, I don't see any possibility of change in the above order. Between a seat at Racing Point and one at Haas, well...unless there is a pile of money to be made at Haas, I would stay put (but that's only me)

Question is, what for 2021? But the wisdom borne out of experience shows that whenever the rules are changed, the "big guns" always go through better than the small ones...

Rgds

DF1 and william like this.