50,000 Miles TOO MUCH for a California Buyer? | FerrariChat

50,000 Miles TOO MUCH for a California Buyer?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by LamboGuyGetsRari, Aug 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Been in the market for a California for quite some time.

I came across a 2010 in very good condition for 65k in the US. Car looks really clean with only one owner. The only issue is the Mileage. Its 50k miles too much.?

Those of you who own this car, what is your opinion?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I'm only half way there, but there are people here who've put that much mileage on their Calis. I'd get a thorough PPI. Check the service records for issues, especially with the hardtop convertible and transmission sensors. It's a lot of car for only 65K.
    T

Chizz likes this.
  3. Stercrazy

Stercrazy Karting

Sep 29, 2017
    NC and FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Winchester
    I’ve got a 2011 with 35,000+ miles I’ve put 14000 on it in less than 2 years.
    Never tracked. No problems except a window motor gear failure. Covered in new power warranty.
    I love i, buy it, get the warranty, drive it.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    spend another 20k and get one with half the miles....its not insane by not worth the 20k ur saving...sometimes the cheapest ferrari is the most expensive

BOKE likes this.
  5. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    The California is a modern GT. GTs, unlike raw supersports cars, are purpose built for long runs. For this reason, GTs generally have more mileage on the clock than supersports cars. It can handle mileage and tracking. If you were looking for a Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, would the 50.000 miles be a concern if the car passed a PPI with flying colors and maintenance history checks out?

Kind regards,

Nuno.

6. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    There armemvers here that have posted over 100k miles. So assuming it was cared for and fluids changed regularly and a ppi check out the only really skeletons in the closet are top issues, DCT sensor issues and engine mounts.

Seems with the introduction of this generation of Ferrari and above reliability and comfort are significantly improved as well as reduced required maintainance parts. Though sure seems like when you DO need parts they are quite spendy.