Silly Season 2020 F1 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Silly Season 2020 F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jul 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    I would love to see Daniel in the Red next season. Totally would LOVE to see Vettel v. Verstappen. Or Verstappen at Mercedes...but probably not likely before Hamilton surpasses Schumacher's record. Ocon to Renault to replace Ricciardo. Russell up to Mercedes?

2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Hamilton throwing it the big one tells me one thing: Max is not moving to Mercedes.

classic308, TifosiUSA, WilyB and 4 others like this.
  4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    If he matches the 7 WDC's and wins more GP's then Lewis would have technically beaten Schumacher's record But for most he would need 8 WDC's which will be unlikely IMO

6. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    kandi, Jakuzzi and daytona355 like this.
  7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Absolutely right.

F2003-GA likes this.
  8. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    #58 daytona355, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    If Toto hired max, we’d really see Elton looking pale and sweaty.... in fear though hehehehehe... mind you, I’m probably lying, i love Elton really, just make it up for kicks and giggles..... yeah....... no, still hate him, still think he’s only slightly above average in a fantastic car... max will annihilate him in the same machinery once he got used to the way the cars systems work, and it won’t take him long to suss it out, he worked out the red bull pretty quickly

Maybe talks were going on at the weekend, hence the sickly feeling for Elton? Mmmmmmmmm. Another conspiracy theory LOL

TifosiUSA, WilyB, stavura and 3 others like this.
  9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Lewis said it so it must be true ...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

TifosiUSA, VPX and daytona355 like this.
  10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Aint that a fact, just ask the stewards, he’s never lied to them has he? Oh ****, yeah he has....

11. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Toto Wolf this weekend rejected the idea of bringing Max to Mercedes next season.

It's either going to be Ocon or Bottas.

12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Toto should keep Bottas, rather than take a gamble on recruiting Ocon and destroy the harmony in the team.

Ocon is another Alonso in the making; a troublemaker.

13. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Fully agree, Bottas is the perfect No.2 driver, quick enough, level headed, not a trouble maker and has the experience to help the team.

william likes this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    And add in no ambition to better himself and try to win a championship.... in other words, a grateful loser. Waste of a seat. If Elton’s fans want to prove he’s great, let’s see Mercedes put someone in the seat next to him that is hungry for success and see how that pans out without team orders. Eltons brain will implode as soon as the guy gets the upper hand, he ****s himself when bottles is head even though he knows he will be moved out the way, imagine if it’s someone like Max that says ‘**** you’ and stays in the lead

15. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Ferrari announces bold news of replacing both drivers in 2020. It will be Robert Kubica and Hillary Clinton. Hillary's car will be the first with autonomous controls. Robert's will have only gears one through three.

16. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Is that an attempt at comedy?

375+ and william like this.
  17. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Interesting. Where does bottas end up then? Haas?

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

19. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    He becomes personal Butler at Totos home...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

G. Pepper, classic308, 635CSI and 2 others like this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  21. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.planetf1.com/news/wolff-not-right-to-discuss-bottas-future-now/

Mercedes principal Toto Wolff insisted it was “not right” to discuss the future of Valtteri Bottas at Mercedes after further struggles at the Hungarian GP.

After taking early hits from team-mate Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc, Bottas was forced to pit early at the Hungaroring and came out at the back of the pack.

From there he was expected to cut through the pack, and he did, but P8 was the extent of his recovery meaning he finished behind Carlos Sainz, Pierre Gasly and Kimi Raikkonen.

This followed a poor display at the German Grand Prix where he crashed out late on and there are signs of the Finn going well off the boil like he did last season, and once again this has put his future with the Silver Arrows in doubt.

However, Wolff doesn’t believe the time is right to talk about whether Bottas will keep his seat beyond 2019.

“I don’t think we want to make it dependent from one bad day,” Wolff told Sky Sports F1.

“We need to look at all of the data, consider lots of factors which speak for him and speak against him.

“I don’t want a discussion about if he’s staying or not, it’s not right. He has had some great inputs with the team and we want to discuss it behind closed doors.

“What’s the merit of having a young one in the team? With all the risk and reward. “What’s the merit of having Valtteri in the team? With all the risk and reward.”

Bottas himself admitted that his Hungarian Grand Prix was a “mess”.

“It was tough, not what I expected, far from it and after the first lap incidents it was a mess,” said Bottas.

“That is how it goes sometimes. Turn 1 I had a lock-up, that was my mistake. With the flat spots I gained some understeer, that made it tricky for Turn 3 when Lewis and Charles came, we had the contact [with Leclerc] and I lost some of the front wing.”

22. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/145275/wolff-bottas-awful-hungary-wont-influence-2020

Mercedes Formula 1 team boss Toto Wolff admits he wasn't able to celebrate Lewis Hamilton's Hungarian GP victory fully because Valtteri Bottas had endured such an "awful" race.

Bottas suffered front wing damage after contact with Charles Leclerc on the first lap, forcing him into an early unscheduled pit stop that left him last and struggling to progress through the field. He eventually came eighth.

The result came a week after the Finn's crash in wet the German GP, and just before Wolff and his Mercedes colleagues make their final call on whether Bottas or Esteban Ocon drives alongside Hamilton in 2020.

"That's why you don't see me jumping up and down for joy because it's so sad for him," said Wolff.

"He was so pumped yesterday after his qualifying, his performance was brilliant, and he was in the right space of mind before the race.

"But the unfortunate incident of flat spotting the tyre, touching with Lewis, touching with Leclerc, within a lap all the hard work is gone. And that's just awful for him. I'm sorry for him."

Regarding the 2020 choice Wolff said: "We will not let one race result influence our decision, it's more about compounding all data and looking at it and making a decision.

"It's stability and a great personality and a great driver versus giving youth a chance in the car with all the rewards and risks it can bring. We will start the process tomorrow, and it's not going to be an easy one."

23. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Blick reports that Latifi and his father's $ will replace Kubica.

I'm not thrilled to see Ocon come back. Sao Paulo last year is hard to forget.

Just hoping that Gasly will be gone soon. What a wasted seat.

william likes this.
  24. VPX

VPX Karting

Jun 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Victor
    I can't help but feel schadenfreude watching Kubica. In the "Beyond the Grid" podcast I realize he is really arrogant, and seeing him in a slow car & getting beaten by his Rookie teammate feels good.

I'll lose this fun seeing him go...

william likes this.
  25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That's good news.
    Let's also no forget that Latifi's father invested $250M in McLaren, so we may see him there in future.
    I think the Williams drive has to be seen as a" toe-in-the-water" before a later move in his career, if everything goes to plan.