FORMULA 1 ROLEX MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ROLEX MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Aug 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I've got FF set to delete everything, every time I close it.
    Tried that, logged back in, and no change.

Checked some old threads, and the pix appear.
    The pix on this thread suddenly appeared .... up through post #64.
    Post #65 still shows just the "IMG" tag.
    Same on post #74 and #75 -- just an "IMG" tag.

Weird o_O

(I use "old" style, as well, but I checked both styles under Win/FF. Except that posts #1 and #3 in new style "appeared" as a tag reading "image unavailable, log in to view". (When I logged in, I wound up back in "old" style Fchat.))

2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Do you have any addons/extensions installed? I just tried with Brave browser and none of the pics came up, then I turned off the scripts/shield settings and the pics showed up.

Usually when I see a IMG tag it means it hasn't been tagged correctly so I have to go edit the post to fix it.

3. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Did Williams bring an update?

4. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I've got "the usual suspects" security settings. (Block popups, block blacklisted content, etc.).

The only plug-ins are flash and videoconf software, and a video capture extension. No add-ons.

C'est la garish. :p
    I gotta go take my morning meds.

5. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    That’s quite the big deal. Well done against the Merc juggernaut that I suppose Netflix won’t be covering either...;). WELL DONE YOUNG MAN, and congrats to Honda.

DF1, fil and Bas like this.
  6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Vettel even managed to crash the RC cars. Leclerc was faster.:rolleyes:

Jeronimo GTO and daytona355 like this.
  7. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Yep, not just an update but a B car with new front suspension, bargeboards and other stuff. I think they already had it at Germany, but it seems they're making it work now.

8. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Unless a major disaster happens tomorrow, , Mac will win with Bottas second and lewis third . We shall see if I am right

Jeronimo GTO, daytona355 and Bas like this.
  9. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Ferrari is fastest in the first sector but then looses like 5/10 in the last sector!

10. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Did both drivers get it? I was watching in French so didn't understand much commentary. Looks like a fairly huge jump, from a second off the back of the grid to flirting with q2. It'd be good to see them back mixing it up with McLaren and renault.

Bas likes this.
  11. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Wow RB kicking Merc' Ass :p

stavura, Bas and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  12. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    *Fernando Alonso has left the chat*

Bas, F2003-GA and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  13. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Well done Max, great lap.. and it looked like he left just a tiny bit on the table too. Bottles needed to win qualy, but of course he’ll be required to move over come the race, vettel and LeClerc, exactly where the team was predicting on Friday... the car just doesn’t do sectors 2 and 3. Hungary is always a pain, let’s hope the Mercedes explode tomorrow and the race gets wet!

stavura, Bas and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  14. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    1. Brilliant pole by Max. I predicted they would be strong and are actually better than anticipated. 2. Horner said RBR would catch Merc by mid-season...we’ll see in Spa and Monza, but the Honda power gains are impressive 3. The START- Max has a clunker in Austria and Hockenheim. Was it driver error or car issues?

Should be an exciting start!

15. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Russell has been getting the most of that car lately. Really happy to see them showing signs

635CSI and Bas like this.
  16. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    Amazing lap by Max. Let’s hope he can shred the Butler and Loulou tomorrow.

stavura, Bas and daytona355 like this.
  17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Honestly --- CONGRATS TO HONDA

This is the company that everyone was crapping on just 2 years ago. Today they put a car on Pole beating the best engine makers in the world.

Ric, stavura, 635CSI and 8 others like this.
  18. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Let’s talk about that. It’s a fact that Newey designed a short wheelbase, high take car that SHOULD beat Merc and Ferrari on circuits like Austria and Hockenheim. A lot of credit to Newey.

What I think I saw today is an engine from Honda that was able to lay the power down also. Max has been harassing Bottas since Austria, and Hamilton hasn’t had a great outing going back to then.

Second half of the season could get very interesting

Bas, F2003-GA and daytona355 like this.
  19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    McLaren gave up a 10 year exclusive deal with Honda because they lost all faith in them. Newey worked with Honda differently and Honda power and reliability went straight up immediately.

McLaren dumping Honda has proven to be the best thing for Honda ever. From the ashes....

schumacherf2006 and daytona355 like this.
  21. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    Only took them 5 yrs. :rolleyes: That includes all of 2014 as a free year before they jumped in. Think of the scale of a building that could be built in that time. Or an entire new car model from concept to production.

daytona355 likes this.
  22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I don't disagree but Honda complained to McLaren a long time that the restrictions they gave them in packaging was hurting their design.

No question there was a ramp up period but the third year was more McLaren's issues than Honda's issues. Honda, not one to say much publicly, started to push back on McLaren's public complaints about "their engine". As soon as Honda moved to TR, things started to improve. Going to RB was the next step because... let's face it... Newey is a genius. And he saw the potential in Honda he could take advantage of.

Bas, william, F2003-GA and 1 other person like this.
  23. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Yes Newey is the key right here and he knows how to get the best out of engines - True Legend

stavura, Bas, ricksb and 2 others like this.
  24. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It was bound to happend eventually, but it took them 5 years !

25. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That exclusive deal was maybe a mistake as working with only one team did slow down the development.
    Working with 2 Red Bull teams, Honda is able to gather more data.
    Last year, Toro Rosso was deliberatly sacrificed to become the test bench Honda needed.
    Power Unit components were changed all the time on the Toro Rossos during the 2018 season.
    Honda had a blank cheque to do anything that what needed to advance the development, regardless of grid penalties, as STR is a "B" team anyway.

TheMayor likes this.