Thinking of selling my white TR, what should it be priced at? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Thinking of selling my white TR, what should it be priced at?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Scaledetails, Aug 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    That's the one. Not proud of it, that Hoovie dude is one strange fellow. I think he's the reason I had to put a new clutch in it the week after I had it.

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I’m going to be honest with u; that one is likely on Steve.
    I have seen him drive a car and one day he had an event in Santana row San Jose , CA, June 2017. He was selling the white one and a red one consigned. For the life of me this happened.
    He parked the red one behind the white one but was struggling manœuvering it; he then hit the back of the white one (yours) with the red one and the red one clutch starting smoking blue because for 7-8 minutes he couldn’t park it. Now it wasn’t ur white TR but the red one (which he never sold) but if he drove the white anything like the red that clutch must have been used badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakuzzi likes this.
  3. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Were the leaks ID’d in Hoovies video sorted? It seems the water pump seal was leaking, requiring an engine out.

I think Hoovie is a bit of a tool. He really doesnt contribute much to car knowledge with his show and is just using sensationalism to generate clicks. I get it, its a career for him, but I find it annoying.

Are the wheels you’re running now metric or standard? If metric then I think you will need to give the aftermarket wheels with the car so the owner can continue to drive it.

The more I hear the more I think youre going to be under $95k and closer to $90k. Public documentation of hoovie owning the car and reporting all those issues isnt going to help, it was barely a year ago.

4. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Steve is a great guy, he offered to pay for the clutch, which wasn't cheap at $5K, I declined his offer as I intend to buy more from him.

5. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

I totally agree, the fact that Hoovie touched this car hurts its value, quite a bit in my opinion. which makes me think I should hold on to it for a few years. I drove it last night and it didn't help, I fall in love with it every time.
    Steve made sure all the leaks were fixed, right now there isn't one drop of oil on my floor which is proof it was done right. I have both 16's and the originals which will obviously go with the car when I do sell, but as for right now I will be keeping it. Besides, the market isn't great at the moment, and even if it tanks, at the end of the day I still have a classic iconic beast to look at and enjoy. Thanks for all the input everyone, you have helped clear my mind and at the same time removed those stickers that never belonged there in the first place!
    Time to find those Miami Vice DVD's again. ;)

This thread is now officially closed. ;)

anunakki and blkdiablo33 like this.
  6. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Wise move imo. Let the tainted hoovie status wear off. That guy succccks

Btw, if you strip the chrome off of your aftermarket wheels and repaint them silver (leave the oem cap and ring chrome), they will look MUCH better

Scaledetails likes this.
  7. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

Agreed. Problem is this guy has half a million followers. Go figure.
    I got rid of those aftermarket wheels, but thanks anyway.

8. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    100% correct.

9. Natkingcolebasket69

He is a great guy- but a bad driver and his dealership is only survinving through this wife successful real estate career

Scaledetails likes this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Still can’t believe u sold it!

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  11. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Should bring 85k or something around that with 30k on it. I am of the opinions anything in the 100's should be in the teens of miles.

12. Natkingcolebasket69

U are speaking the truth. I see this staying like this for the next few years

MOSS, Parnelli and xplodee like this.
  13. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    What happened to that car? I did a quick inspection of it for a member here when it was at Copart in Van Nuys. It fired right up and couldnt figure out why it was in a salvage yard.

14. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

I had sold that flying mirror TR to a first time Ferrari owner near Van Nuys and he wrecked it badly from what I was told, so it ended up "salvaged", what a shame, that was a beautiful car.

15. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian

When I saw it, it was just dirty, no damage that I could find. Strange.