Battery runs out too fast | FerrariChat

Battery runs out too fast

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by XSpeed, Aug 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    Where I live I don't have access to a power outlet therefore I can't use a battery conditioner.

I had the bad experience of an empty battery once so I'm thinking about getting one which would last longer than the stock one. Liteblox says their battery runs 4-6 weeks when parked.

Any negative experiences with Liteblox?

Does it make sense to replace the current one, will it work on California T? The price is not really important for me.

https://en.liteblox.de/shop/liteblox-lb28xx-lightweight-battery-for-performance-and-motorsport/

2. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Drive the car more. Easy and enjoyable. In 8 months of ownership I've yet to use the charger.

3. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Some owners have had good results with the lithium ion batteries by Braille ... there are several threads on the 458/488 forum if you search.

BOKE likes this.
  4. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Drive it Bro!!! Once every other day is more than adequate

5. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    i drive it as much as i can but problem is during winter or when I'm on vacation.

6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    #6 Il Co-Pilota, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    It makes sense to replace every single damn Ferrari branded battery in every Ferrari.
    No manufacture on the face of this planet uses as piss poor quality batteries as Ferrari.

Braille as was mentioned is about as good as it gets.

They have both AGM and lithium. Note that you will need a new charger if you go the lithium route. The Braille lithium battery series to get is the CS, not CX.

Anybody remember if the Cali uses group 48 or group 49 batteries?

7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    How many times per week do you drive your Cali? I average 2 - 3 drives per week & I stress about leaving it off tender for more than a day...T

8. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Same as you with each drive being over 30min. In a day with some stops, etc I'd say 2hrs of driving each time. The only time I'd get worried is a full 7 days without driving. Thankfully that hasn't happened yet.

tomc likes this.
  9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Been reading up on lithiums of late and wonder if they have such different charging requirements then are they really compatible given no changes to the on-board alternator. Both the battery and the alternator have high price tags.

10. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Lithiums hide behind their own battery management systems...

Everything can be optimized with new design but it should be safe to convert. Certainly legitimate companies supplying components would be on the hook for anything that is unsafe.

But using the correct charger is necessary (and potentially necessary to include with any service of the retrofitted car!).

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk