Why Hamilton is not so liked by the British? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Why Hamilton is not so liked by the British?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Why Hamilton is not so liked by the British?

1. Because he is of mixed race

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  2. Because he is Catholic

3 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. Because of his lifestyle / ethics

25 vote(s)
    36.8%
  4. Because he lives in Monaco

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. None of the above

32 vote(s)
    47.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Flavio_C, ktu, ATBNM3 and 1 other person like this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    goodfiend likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

To me he is well liked there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

william, ktu and ATBNM3 like this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s non constructive - u may not like him but he has proven his greatness by now.

william, ktu and ATBNM3 like this.
  5. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Hammy is the best driver in the best car. But he is a whinner when things don't go his way. He is emotionally weak as evidenced by his inability to deal with Alonso or Rossberg or nichole Schlesinger. But emotional can be said about many young people. But sometimes he come sup with mature gritty drivers like starting at the back ending on podium. But in general he has not grown as a driver. Look at Verstapen. I could not stand that idiot when he started but he has matured into a force and the future of F1. I think even less of vettle but root for him in the scuderia. I have high hopes for Leclerc to develop into a Verstapen. The future battles will be Leclerc and Verstapen.

6. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    I didn't say that but....

This is for the haters
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Surfah, Flavio_C, william and 2 others like this.
  7. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    I respect his accomplishments. Never said anything about his lifestyle choices. There are plenty of bland/off putting personality types that lack charisma and have money. Money is not a measurement of your charisma/charm. Think Mark Zuckerberg as a prime example. He could quite possibly buy Ferrari and then have all of them. So LH having two LF's doesn't really mean or say much.

8. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Gee Wiz. Another unpleasant thread that caters to those that are in constant need to vent and explain their obsessive dislike for Lewis.
    The rest of threads not getting the job done?

Phil~, showme1946, bmwracer and 3 others like this.
  9. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    I'm just imaging the total shock/disgust/mirth if Lewis had been the one to marry an underwear model and then divorced her within a year :cool:

Phil~, william and ATBNM3 like this.
  10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Dear Mods... by now it should have become obvious that some guys did join this forum for no other reason than spaming and trolling to keep the number of posts up on a certain individual. This is very much a great example of how bots manipulate social media and forums... yet absolutely nothing happens apart from banning people replying to them. At least one can get an impression in small how countries with better resources can manipulate entire elections ;)
    Fact is that this policy of "we are so tolerant here in FChat completely fail and the forum became a mess.
    How this (https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/why-hamilton-is-not-so-liked-by-the-british.604857/page-3#post-146748434) can be considered as anything else than trolling is really beyond me, it absolutely nothing adds to the discussion other than putting fuel into it.
    If you would actually read this thread you would see that it is more for the fanboys of Lewis that need to show of. The arrogance is embarrassing, how some people tell others being driven by low emotions like hate, racism, homophobia, jealousy and whatever while the LH44 fanboys are above this and are the ones that see the light. That leaves that there is one choice missing in this poll: Lewis is hated because of his unbearable fanboys!!!

kes7u, stavura and Bas like this.
  11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    stavura, Jeronimo GTO and Bas like this.
  12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Well said. Even Mike Tyson, and I don't think he can be accused of being white, is a very well loved sport star. He even went to prison, bit off the ear of his opponent and beat up women.

Finlander, SimCity3 and stavura like this.
  13. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

He's dull because he's trying way too hard to impress everyone.

TonyL likes this.
  14. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I´m not British and honestly I don´t care (neither about Hamilton nor about being British) but I suppose that the guy has an "attitude" and he doesn´t hide it: some may like it, some don´t.

That´s the reason why most sportsmen, businessmen and people whose income doesn´t depend on his image (unlike actors or rock stars) usually adopt a generic, low-profile life style.

15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yap, he's a great piece of crap...

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Listen I don’t like the man but unless u have something constructive to say really that’s like kinder garden. Numbers don’t lie. U don’t win 5 titles because you are a piece of crap and hold of those records if u are. If others were so good they would beat him. Button beat him once, so did rosberg but that’s about it. Is he political? Yeah, annoying? Yeah! Fake? Probably but he has talent.
    It’s like me I hate Lebron james; i don’t think he is any close to Michael Jordan: yet I can’t deny his accolades and his talent. Go ahead try a f1 car and put up the times Hamilton does and you will see it’s not that easy. Dislike him all u want but he is good.

william and ktu like this.
  17. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Jealousy is a very unbecoming trait.

Playing it out in an open public forum, even worse.

BHW

Surfah, Flavio_C, william and 2 others like this.
  18. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    #68 ktu, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    Interesting, name 5 current F1 drivers who's bursting with charisma that creates more media, and Fchatt forums than Lewis. I'll wait.

355TDI and william like this.
  19. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    As I have said in the past, I don't really care too much about F1 drivers but its an interesting question. I personally don't like Hamilton for the same reason I didn't like Mansell. so its not his colour or background - Fake personality and showboating, for me the British don't like any of these attributes.

Herbert, Blundell, Hill had far better personalities and much more likeable.

furoni likes this.
  20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    He's still a piece of crap to me....and i enver said he wasn't good, of course he is, just not as good as he or his fans like to think.
    Obviously as Button or Nico showed, (and i don't think they are the next coming), Elton is only as good as the car he's driving.
    Everyone saw Michael win championships without having the best car, simply because he's driving skills were streets ahead of the oposition. Of course Elton is better than Hill, no question about it, but he's still very far from true greats, no matter how many more races he wins. It's not about how much you win, but how you win it, and like many others, i'm still waiting for that "amazing performance" from elton. I've already seen it from max, not from the little mermaid.

fil likes this.
  21. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I had to check the urban dictionary for "buggar":

Buggar or Bugger
    1.This word is most often used in negative terms to represent indiffernce, pity, annoyance/anger, sympathy, defeat or can be simply used as an exclamation of suprise or insult.
    2.It is used interchangably with such words or sayings as, ****, oh ****, holy crap, damnit, oh my god, you bastard, oh well, poor diddems etc.

So, didn't Senna had a bit of a similar attitude off track ?

22. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Not sure LH has charisma either, for me it has to be genuine, not fake. Never spoken to him, never will, but from my perceptive is actions are false. Nobody can doubt the skill and proud he is English, drop the fake persona and he may pass the "british" test.

Tony

375+ likes this.
  23. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound

They dropped him! Ah ah

24. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed