458 - Bye 458 hello 600Lt | FerrariChat

458 Bye 458 hello 600Lt

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by chinaleeexports, Aug 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chinaleeexports

chinaleeexports Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    SL
  2. Aorta

Aorta Karting

Nov 17, 2013
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jared
    Congrats and GL with it!! The 600 is supposed a great machine and they look incredible! Cheers!

chinaleeexports likes this.
  3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Awesome! Enjoy!

chinaleeexports likes this.
  4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Good car and actually sounds ok.

xfrgtr likes this.
  5. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Review both please :)

6. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    600LT is a beast and a lot of metal for the price. Love the pics of the exhaust shooting flames. Congrats!

7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Congrats OP. 600 is a hot looking car!

8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    A lot of carbon actually ;)
    Congrats to the OP; after the 720S it seems the 600LT is another car that McLaren has designed properly to achieve impressive results.

DRYHOLE and Surfah like this.
  9. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Congratulations! Enjoy in excellent health. I recently purchased a 720S. I have to tell you the 600LT and 720S are amazing machines.

10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Congrats. Good for you.Enjoy.

11. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    lol

Sent from my 16M

Shadowfax likes this.
  12. will89

will89 Karting

Dec 29, 2013
    Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Will
    Congratulations, looks lovely.
    If you rev past 5000, the valves open and you can hear the sound of depreciation kicking in.
    (I can joke about it because I have been through it :p)
    Jokes aside, great cars and fun rides. Drive it in good health.

Makuono, TR007, buddyg and 5 others like this.
  13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    If Dustman ever had any credibility on his sound argument he sure lost it right there. Boom!

14. chinaleeexports

chinaleeexports Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    SL
    Manda racing, Thecadster and Pocty like this.
  15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I was in the spider version and loved the seats.

16. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    You traded in *the* greatest car ever made, for a 3.8L turbo?! kidding of course

Your LT looks awesome and love the pop of orange on the interior with the Senna seats. Saw one parked in my neighborhood, maybe the same color, and it looks incredible in person. Congrats and enjoy in good health

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Stormtrooper787 likes this.
  17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I can fully understand that when one is a car enthusiast, even when the car owned still satisfies, the thirst for something new and different is insatiable.

And the three super car alternatives- Ferrari, McLaren and Lamborghini each offer divergent aesthetic approaches and driving dynamics.

18. CrapsLuckyDice

CrapsLuckyDice Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NJ, USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Absolutely stunning! Enjoy it and I'm jealous!! Out of all the McLarens, my dream McLaren actually is the 600LT, but purely because of the fireballs it spits out!!!!!!

Anyway, I can't fully tell, but it doesn't look like you got the roof scoop right?

As with all McLarens, it is a pain in the ass literally after an hour or so and definitely humbles you when you need to get in and out of. If you are tall, just be careful getting in and out of the car as your knee can easily break the stalk on the left of the car (which controls a lot of the screen electronics incl. lift, etc.)

19. chinaleeexports

chinaleeexports Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    SL
    Thanks, no roof scoop would have loved to have had it but if I spent the extra $$ for that I would have had to look up a divorce attorney...Good advice regarding getting out and not whacking the stalk...

tekaefixe and Ash Patel like this.
  20. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    So you picked the wife over the scoop ? Disappointing. Your credentials as a genuine car enthusiast is now in question.

F8Master, Boots, natman316 and 9 others like this.
  21. Stormtrooper787

Stormtrooper787 Karting

Dec 15, 2017
    Congrats .......looks good don’t feel bad did the same recently. Sold my 458 Spider, and the goodness I can always land another. Nothing sounds like a 458, but if I get another it will be a coup vs spider. I drove a 675LT, and OMG the things is a blast to drive and very raw. Good luck with the 600LT

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    review please!!!!

23. Stormtrooper787

Stormtrooper787 Karting

Dec 15, 2017
    Ok ok, limited review due to just 300 plus miles in the 675. First, I would say not a fair comparison to the 458 one 2016 model vs 2010 launch of the 458. Nothing beats the 458 on the below:

1. Sounds is insane
    2. Love the classic look of the 458
    3. Ferrari cabin classic and sporty
    4. It’s a Ferrari
    5. Bullet proof reliability
    6. Dislikes on the spider is the cowl shake over time gets annoying, but it’s a Ferrari deal with it.
    7. The 458 was a great contrast to my RS because of the V8, but the MAC power and torque solves that with great handling

675LT
    1. Handling is far better than the 458, and the better comparison my be 488 which I’ve not driven
    2. Car is very raw, and reminds me of my GT3RS
    3. Sound actually is very good in the 675 initial drive didn’t feel turbo-ish, but when it kicks it takes off like a rocket scary fast the way it builds power
    4. Fit and finish is really good in the cabin I have a split between leather and Alcantara
    5. Handling is A plus and it helps with the car weighing 2900 lbs
    6. Concern is reliability, but I did get a warranty so no concerns so far
    7. MSRP was 409k so feel really good about the deal, one mans trash is another mans treasure:)
    8. Lots of seat time in a GT2RS, and I actually like the 675 better all around. As I said earlier the only know on MAC is the reliability. 675LT coup only 500 copies I have 99 of 500 so it does feel special in that regard.

Overall so far power is more than what you need it’s that fast, and handling as stated it’s RS like. I think Porsche in the RS category punches well above its weight so that a plus to even have that type of feel. I will say nothing feels like a Ferrari it’s just a special car in my view, but I got a great price on the sale and wanted to try something new. I think we’re all in the best car buying market because all the manufacturers are pushing each other, and this drives choices. Sorry for the MAC talk on a Ferrari board, but many of the owners drive all the top brands/we’re all car guys. There are days I miss the 458, but once behind the wheel of the 675 power and handling is unbelievable for a company that’s been making cars only since 2012.

24. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  25. CrapsLuckyDice

CrapsLuckyDice Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NJ, USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I will just add that you will indeed enjoy the car as much as a Ferrari and that is because you are comparing two entirely different types of cars. Just some tidbits for you:

1. The Longtail (LT) is really more track-focused...basically all McLarens really are.
    2. You are buying a 2016 McLaren which is definitely more reliable than their earlier models - MP4-12C and 650S. However, they already started to improve from 2014 Mp4-12cs onwards.
    3. Make sure you got an extended warranty. All exotics, and in PARTICULAR, all McLarens need one. I paid ~$5k for 1 year and it paid out close to $40k worth of repairs. Of course, stalk not include since I broke it myself :)
    4. Your straight line speed is insane and for the most part, all McLarens are based upon the same twin-turbo 8 cylinder 3.8 liter engine. You'll easily getting sub-3.0 sec 0-60 in a straight line and when the turbos kick in, its like a sudden kick in the butt.
    5. The sound, even with the upgrade sports exhaust is really nothing to talk about, but honestly, it isn't all that bad.
    6. You will be getting LOTS of picture taking. If you haven't already with all your prior Fcars, you will most definitely get as much if not more people sneaking a quick peak.
    7. For some reason the valets (valet parking) all seem to forget to push the Parking Brake to release it before switching to 'D' and then moving forward. If I remember correctly, the car still can move, but it will eat the p-Brake alive over time. Fortunately not too expensive to replace from what I heard - fortunately I never had to replace mine.

8. The Ferrari is much easier to get in and out of. You can thank ridiculously wide door sills. You will look silly going in and out.
    9. It's true, the dihedral doors do save space when parking in a garage, but not too much more. They open more upwards as opposed to up and out like a gullwing door or just outwards like a regular door.
    10. The Ferrari is definitely more drivable. I actually found I don't need a lift! I am actually not scared to drive my car!! This makes driving up and about so much easier. The McLaren definitely needs a lift and you'll find you need it.
    11. The carbon fiber looks way cooler in the Ferrari than in McLaren. McLaren has a much more spartan look than Ferrari, but that is really cool in it by itself.
    12. Ferrari has the nicer looking and sounding engine :)
    13. Unfortunately McLarens (LTs not an exception) all seem to depreciate badly. If you drive yours for 1 year be prepared for maybe another 25k in depreciation. I took easily a $25k+ hit after 7months of ownership and adding only 3k more miles on my mp4-12c. The reason is simply reliability.
    14. The Proactive Chassis Control (PCC) in McLaren is very good and makes the car suitable for daily driving. Just don't go around lowering the suspension any more than you need.

Above all DRIVE you McLaren depreciation notwithstanding. Just enjoy it for what its worth! Ferrari, McLaren, Lamborghini, Porsche all are excellent cars.