Monterey Car Week - 2 BR House near pebble beach GREAT PRICE | FerrariChat

Monterey Car Week - 2 BR House near pebble beach GREAT PRICE

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Upshift44, Aug 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Upshift44

Upshift44 Rookie

Nov 29, 2016
    A friend I was planning to down to Monterey with this coming week now can’t go and I have a 2 bedroom air bnb house in the del monte forest neighborhood (close to pebble beach).
    I’m looking for someone who wants the house or one of the rooms to split the house and cost with me.

Details:
    Wednesday - Sunday (4 nights) for $2,100
    Given most hotel rooms if you could get one are $750+ this works out to ~$265 per room (I’ve been getting it from same person last several years).

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Don't give out the address as it's a totally illegal rental (min 30 days required to be legit).

3. Upshift44

Upshift44 Rookie

Nov 29, 2016
    What are you saying is illegal? 30 days are required for what to be legit?

4. Upshift44

Upshift44 Rookie

Nov 29, 2016
    As I read through air bnb web site it is in fact not as easy as I hoped to transfer the reservation and recoup my fees. It does sound possible though. I’m assuming that’s what your are referring to?

5. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    The minimum rental period is 30 days unless the owner has a license from the town to rent for shorter periods which also requires them to pay their town transient tax (ie, the ~10% tax hotels charge guests). Some towns are really cracking down on such unlicensed short term rentals. Carmel has stopped issuing such permits altogether and Pacific Grove has clamped down because of complaints from neighbors of short term rental properties. I've owned rental properties in Carmel, Pebble Beach and Carmel Valley (~Quail Lodge area...out by the village may not have this limitation) and this restriction certainly covers ALL of those towns.

Sometimes, owners get around the restriction by writing a rental agreement for 30 days even though their tenant may only use it for a shorter period (eg, US Open week at Pebble Beach, Car Week, etc). But by law, owners are NOT allowed to use the property during the min 30-day rental period even if vacant.