458 - Need Access to Exhaust Solenoids | FerrariChat

458 Need Access to Exhaust Solenoids

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by J. Zaman, Aug 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. J. Zaman

J. Zaman Rookie

Jul 12, 2019
    Houston, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Jamil Zaman
    I've been digging and digging on this forum and I can't seem to find the tutorial I saw before to access the exhaust solenoids from the top of the engine on a 458 spider. I want to disconnect the electrical connections not the hoses. Can somebody help?

2. Hopeful

Hopeful Karting

May 31, 2019
    Vero Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Tony M.
    Try going to Forza Componenti, select "Support" and "Vehicle Supplements". There is an icon for the 458 Spider which may have enough info for your purposes.

3. Rdwaggie

Rdwaggie Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2018
    I just finished putting the Capristo valve controller on my 458 spider. I tried every way I read about or could think of and ended up having to take the bumper off. I couldn’t even get a hand down to unplug the electrical connection. Agreed that the Forza instructions were the best. Happy to help if you need more info. Bumper is easy to remove but takes a lot of time and the wheels have to come off.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    #4 Melvok, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  5. Suborbital

Suborbital Karting

Apr 25, 2018
    Fallbrook, Ca
    I did it from the top, got my forearm stuck in the gap behind the air box, had to scream at my wife to come rescue me. Sometimes what goes in doesn’t come out so easily. My arms were black and blue for a week once I freed them. I highly advise not to attempt this from the top.

6. Rdwaggie

Rdwaggie Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2018
    This made me literally laugh out loud. But only because I nearly had the same thing happen. I don’t know what the coupes are like but the spider is a tight squeeze.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    It is such an easy job …. ask your son to do it for you instead … :)