Scottsdale Cars and Coffee new location | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Scottsdale Cars and Coffee new location

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by AZ-Giallo, Mar 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    It's not the 'lunch money' for me. It's the elitist, exclusion of "We are special and are going to have an exclusive, members only car show and let the peasants come and watch...... but you really can't participate". Plus, these characters dissed me for no good reason.

I don't believe I got an invite, but I wouldn't accept it anyway. It's almost like back in college when I got rushed by frats and I said....... "Who the hell are these guys? I don't think I need to pay and bow down to this bunch of losers to make friends". Nothing against frats, but I've always been a bit of a rebel and walked my own walk. You'll have to let me know how the coffee cup is! :)

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    If they dissed you personally that’s unacceptable imho. I agree I’m. Or into the elitist crap. And if this is what it becomes I’m out.

3. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    We'll grab a Starbucks and laugh about it, but if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

SoCal to az likes this.
  4. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Sadly this is just a hard one to make everyone and anyone happy.

No matter what people were going to get upset. I don't know how they are going to control the amount of cars... it will be interesting to see.

I hope they don't forget the enthusiasts... we need them to continue the hobby forward... but we also would like those that are hessitant to bring the big and great cars out... it is a razor thin wire to walk.

Everyone is looking at gainey with rose tinted glasses. Yes, it was great in the beginning Dino just 10-12 of us all hanging out and talking cars or even shocker... formula 1... and then it just became a monstrasity. I would get up at 5 to go to my building to pick up a car and then drive it there by 6am and find out I didn't have a space... What a pain. It took all the fun out of it. I eventually just stopped bringing cars but would use it as a chance to catch up with friends I don't get to see enough. We all knew we would be there the first saturday of the month.

Its tough. There is no perfect solution

SoCal to az likes this.
  5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Spot on. Gainey was fun but the day I got there before the sun was out just to find parking had me scratching my head...is this really worth it?

technom3 likes this.
  6. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    whats weird is i started to feel pretentious that i i had to go through all of this effort because people should see a car...

I will say i did always enjoy meeting my friends and all of us going together in one od the cars. that was fun... but to ask people to show up before the sun comes up like you mentioned... makes it tough

SoCal to az likes this.
  7. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    The whole Gainey thing for me was seeing my friends and hanging out. Some of the guys I would only see at Gainey or the track. We all knew that's where we would be on the 1st Sat.

technom3 likes this.
  8. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Didn’t make it Saturday, so how was it?

9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Missed it also. Went to play golf with some friends.

10. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Same show, now monetized. Parked my Aston 300 yards away and marched through all of the misfit cars that are no longer allowed. They filled a little more than half of their designated member area. That was my last time going to SSW. I’ll continue to go to the Ferrari dealer C&C. Hoping we can get a small group on here to meet up once a month at some point. I sold my 458, so I might not even be invited until I replace it :(

11. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    What is the schedule for the Ferrari dealer C&C ?

Steve

12. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Usually 3rd sat of the month.

13. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    You are more than welcome with us. We get together every Saturday. When the original crew started Gainey, it was about friends getting together and shooting the breeze and escaping reality on a Saturday morning. Of course the conversation always came back around to cars in general and exotics in particular.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I'm gone, Timo Seefeld and RWP137 like this.
  14. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #114 arizonaitalian, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    Just got a predictable email from the organizers:

We need your help. In order to continue having an event like our monthly Scottsdale Motorsports Gathering, we need to immediately fix a significant issue. We need to address the problem at the exit of our venue. The crowd of people that gathers on the sidewalks and median to take video of cars exiting the parking lot is a problem. The exiting cars that feel compelled to show off for that crowd is a problem. The mall has informed us that our contract will be terminated and the event WILL BE CANCELLED if this problem isn't fixed immediately. It's dangerous to the crowd as well as other people that live and shop in the area.We welcome spectators to come into the monthly event and walk up to the cars, take pictures and talk to the owners. If you would like to continue to have this event each month we need your help in clearing off the sidewalks and taming the exit. Don't congregate on the outside sidewalks of the mall and pass the word on to your friends. If you are one of the drivers that can't control yourself when exiting then we don't want you at the event. The people in BOTH of these pictures are putting the event in jeopardy.

They linked a video...that vid and a few more come up on youtube when you watch the one they linked. Good lord.

go to 10:20 in this one and 16:55:

sheesh...go to 7:30 in this one. What a madhouse! (and the highlight at 9:35)

I have to say, I stopped going long ago. Now, looking at these vids, its far worse than I would have imagined. No way would I want to be associated with this. Just watch 7:30 onward in the last video above. No way, no how. Guys...put this thing out of its misery before someone gets killed.

15. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    WOW, thats really bad. Not been up there in a while but usually there is some police presence at the exits?

16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I go to this often- its all the idiot 30k millionaires in their hopped up Nissans that are the problems. All the high end exotic owners are for the most part much more respectable. But yes, this needs to be controlled and stopped.

17. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What a bunch of total idiots.
    30K millionaires. Perfect description.

18. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Well, i think that there intentions were good at the beginning. By making it private, it did frustrate a lot of people, but I am guessing that they thought they would be able to self police their attendees a lot better. Sadly, it looks like the problems are coming from people who aren't actually in the actual show.

I haven't been since they moved away from Gainey Ranch, but those videos pretty much explain "why we can't have nice things".

I hope that people understand the implication of the next show, but I am guessing that it will sadly get shut down. Sad state of affairs for car lovers.

arizonaitalian likes this.