What would you pay ??? | FerrariChat

What would you pay ???

Discussion in '360/430' started by BAD430BENZ, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Looking at possibly selling my 360 . Just curious what someone might pay for it ?

'03 360 Modena F1
    recently painted Porsche Guards Red
    Boost Logic twin turbo kit
    DPE 19" wheels
    carbon upgraded paddles
    carbon mirrors
    carbon spoiler

Recently got it back from Boost Logic after getting freshened up....making sure the turbo kit is in great shape , rear main seal leak fixed , new clutch , 30k mile service , cleaned and lightly tinted headlights Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. PFSEX

PFSEX Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    John Ratto
    I like my cars stock - so maybe $50K

I'm 360 Canuck and efg2014 like this.
  3. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I agree with above. Your going to have to find the right buyer for this one.

4. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    As awesome as nice as the car is, it might be hard finding a buyer who Could troubleshoot the turbo kit on the Ferrari if they ran into any problems down the road.

5. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    These are additional factors that affects price.

How many miles? Clean title? Accidents?

6. GH13

GH13 Karting

Apr 26, 2019
    I don’t want to offend, so apologies if I do, but perhaps you might want to see if places that do automotive sounds systems or other aftermarket items would be interested in buying your car.

Lot of non original parts on there - at some point it becomes George Washington’s axe (3rd blade, 5th handle), so the buyer you are looking for is one that values the fact that it is legally a Ferrari, and that it looks like a Ferrari.

I’m not sure who the individual is that wants your exact car, but for someone who is going to use it as a canvas to show off their work, it’s actually a good choice because there’s no incremental loss in value due to being non-original.

7. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Whatever DCTKid is willing to pay. ;)

8. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    $50k :rolleyes:......I didn't see where i wrote down salvaged title or flood damage . I understand the purist mentality but come on ???

I might have :D

I might have :D

No offense taken .

Exactly the kind of person that needs to buy my car .

I'm only asking because i don't driver the car enough to actually appreciate it . Unfortunately , living here in El Paso does not allow for groups to get together because there are not many exotic or supercar owners here that share the same mentality . They driver their cars on a nice weekend and then take them right home . If there were more owners here that shared the group and cruise mentality , then it would make more sense to keep the car . I just hate the fact that i bought the car to enjoy and it sits in the garage more time that it hits the road .

9. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    Agree 50K max because it will cost a lot to get it back to stock condition and a LOT will have to be pulled off the car. Sorry but aftermarket blingy stuff is appealing to very few potential Ferrari owners.

10. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
  11. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    There was a 3-pedal that went for like $75-76k. My first thought I this is a really bad sign for F1 cars.

I think $50k is a very favorable offer. Not to be mean.. but I wonder if F1 360's will even sell now given the hype from the new Vette. For a car that is that far from stock... I don't think I'd make it to $50.

Flea7 and RANDY6005 like this.
  12. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Wow, $50k? I would hope the cars haven't devalued that much...I've seen problematic examples go for more than that. This one obviously has a verifiable history and is well maintained. I don't see an issue getting $60k for this, but it may take a while. How reversible is the turbo kit? Can it be easily removed and returned to a stock tune? Color-wise, it's not like it's some ridiculous custom color that will be impossible to match, it's a common, factory Porsche color. The "right" buyer would either be someone that is looking for a modified car, or someone that could turn a wrench, return it to stock, sell the aftermarket stuff for a few grand, and have a decent 360 for a $55k investment.

13. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    I realize you have a LOT invested in the BL turbo kit alone, but like others have said you have designed a car for YOU which may be difficult (not impossible) to find a buyer at the price that is agreeable to you and the buyer. Although you have spent a small fortune on the car, the fact remains it is a highly modified 360, in a non-Ferrari color which plays against it's value. I'd pick a number you are happy with (let's say $80K) and throw it on BAT to see if someone takes a swing at it. I thing anything above that will be a tough sell unless you consign it through one of the major dealers.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  14. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Tough car to price. You may be looking for that "one guy" out there who is the buyer. But with that said even with some of my other cars I have sold, I still don't get a boatload of calls and it sure feels like I'm also looking for that "one buyer". Kind of the market right now. Really slow selling on even what most of us would say are highly desirable cars or at the very least a really great deal.

I'm thinking the repaint would put off more folks than the upgrades. Most get a little squeamish about a repainted Ferrari-- stories and all. Even if it's only in their head. You probably have good photo documentation that would take the edge off of those fears though.

Good luck to you. I'm sure that one guy out there would jump on it for 50 to 60K. Would be a really neat track car.

But I will say, if you are only selling the car because as you say --you don't drive it as much or as you would like-- then that's on you friend. All the work you put in-- I'd be enjoying it every chance I got.

EastMemphis likes this.
  15. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    Under perfect conditions a 360 F1 is a hard sale. A repainted, modified, non-stock 360 with holes in the engine lid for a spoiler is sub-50k. It’s probably a fun car to have around but Ferrari guys don’t like anyone messing with the paint or engine. You did both.

16. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    You know what i have learned over the last few years of being on here ? I have learned that most of the Ferrari community on this forum thinks that their car is better than everyone else's car . You guys need to wake up and realize that we drive a Ferrari 360 and that it's not valued at $1M . Ferrari has always been my dream car and i am proud to say that i have owned one and i have owned one that was modified and i could call it my very own . I was considering going to the national event in Scottsdale but i would probably end up hearing so much negativity about my choices on modifications that i'm not sure if i would go or not . Hopefully the car sells before that and i don't have to make that choice . I wish i could set up an event where all the 360 owners show up in the same place , all park in a row separated by exterior color and then fly a drone up high and bet them that they couldn't pick out their car from the others . I bet i would walk away rich . I understand if you own a Pagani Zonda or some other high end supercar but for Christ sake , it's just a 360 . If my car sells to this potential buyer , I can't wait for him to post his final product on here and see how many people have a heart attack :D

I'm sure i will be back in a Ferrari later on in life but i know it won't be because i miss the ridicule on this forum . There are a few people on here that understand what they own and can appreciate someone modifying a Ferrari but for the most part.....the rest of you are just down right boring :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I guess 100+ threads about what tire to choose or 100+ threads about gated vs. f1 is appealing to you guys but the only people that can actually benefit from it are the ones getting paid .

Ok....rant over :D:D:D

I would be enjoying it more but since my father passed away last year and i have been stuck with running a pretty big business on my own , on top of having my 8 year old son's life surrounded by baseball games , practices and tournaments....and my wife trying to finish up her schooling for sonography , I am kind of limited on time right now . Plus , it's just a car and i can get another one later on down the road .

imahorse and Mel Spillman like this.
  17. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    I'm the right buyer but in the wrong country

18. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    It's just Sweden....we can figure that out :D:D:D

19. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    WHAT do YOU hope to get for it?

20. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    $50 k is the number that popped into my mind before I read the other posts as well.
    Here’s why:
    Twin turbo kit makes me uneasy in terms of how hard the engine has been worked, plus more headaches when something goes wrong.

Repainted....well, that’s about the same as an accident, in my book. And it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s why it was repainted, but the accident itself somehow slipped through the Carfax cracks. Maybe true, maybe not, but I bet I’m not the only one thinking it, which means I’d pay less for it, but doesn’t mean I wouldn’t buy it.

The carbon fibre stuff and aftermarket wheels...meh...I like mods, but it adds no tangible value to me. Especially the wing and wheels, which I think cheapens it’s appearance. Hate when someone tries to make a Ferrari into a Supra tuner car.
    My advice, take all that crap off, sell it on eBay and sell the car as close to stock as possible.

jehu999 likes this.
  21. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    [QUOTEI would be enjoying it more but since my father passed away last year and i have been stuck with running a pretty big business on my own , on top of having my 8 year old son's life surrounded by baseball games , practices and tournaments....and my wife trying to finish up her schooling for sonography , I am kind of limited on time right now . Plus , it's just a car and i can get another one later on down the road .[/QUOTE]

Life changes to be sure. I generally buy cars that I want to keep. I make them mine (some more modified than others some hardly modified at all) and I keep them because that's just me.

You put so much into your 360 to make it yours, I'd just keep it around, drive it as needed to keep things in order, and someday, probably soon, you'll be able to drive it more-- especially since the consensus is that you won't get close to what you have in it and or what you'd like to get for it. Tough call. Good luck to ya.

wax likes this.
  22. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    In fairness, fchat is not reflective of all performance car buyers.
    Until you try an auction, you never know.

I just think the nervousness people feel about buying a Ferrari is compounded when aftermarket stuff is added...and a Porsche colour on a Ferrari...well, that’s like putting ketchup on a good steak, even if I like ketchup.

23. Silentnoiz

Silentnoiz Karting

Nov 18, 2017
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Silent Noiz
    I haven't heard anyone say, or hint, that they think their car is better than everyone else's car. Nor have I heard anyone say they think their 360 is valued at $1M.

Flying a drone up high to pick out one's car? I couldn't do that with my wife in a sea of females, and of course I think she's hot, and I know her well.

I don't think anyone would have a heart attack over the sale of any car.

This forum is about Ferrari ownership, and everything that goes with it. It is a conversation about things people are interested in or curious about. I don't think most find it boring, else I would assume they just simply wouldn't be here or pay it any attention.

You asked "What would you pay?", and I think you got a lot of honest answers. I'm not sure what you expected.

I'm not into modifying vehicles, it just isn't my thing. But I can appreciate people getting into that, because it is their thing. To each their own. I've always thought that people that modify their vehicles would have a difficult time when it comes to selling it, because if a potential buyer isn't into modifying, they won't be interested, and if a potential buyer is into modifying, they likely want to modify it to their liking and may not care for one or more things that have been modified by the seller, and would likely either pass, or offer a lower price than the seller would be willing to sell.

Understanding your product and the market is key, and there is no sense in fighting it, or lashing out against it. It is what it is.

GLWTS

24. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    So, OP asks for a fair price and then when he receives said guidance he goes on a diatribe on how owners bash his "creativity" and that the car is just a 360. I've noticed a common theme with your modification threads and that is if anyone has a differing opinion, you go off on a similar note. No one is turning their nose up at you, but rather they offered THEIR opinion on what the car will most likely sell for and if you don't like it, then don't originate a thread like this. Most owners view their cars as concourse ready, true to the day they rolled off the assembly line, form and are devoted to the marque. You, on the other hand (and there is nothing wrong with this as it is your car) did the following:
    Changed the color to a non-Ferrari paint code
    Tinted the headlights
    Added a spoiler
    Carbon shields
    Aftermarket wheels
    Twin Turbo kit on what is assumed to be a stock block and drivetrain

These cars aren't Civics, Supras, or other commonly tuned imports which you have themed your car after and therefore won't generate much interest or goodwill in an owner's group such as this or any other exotic forum. You created your car to YOUR taste, and that is fine. Just don't be passive aggressive with a follow up post after asking for the community to assist in a selling price and then berating them. Good luck with the sale of your car and I hope you get top dollar for it.

Apollo 11, Raconteur and kes7u like this.
  25. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    It was actually repainted because of the wind damage to the front end....which happens to almost every vehicle .

So you are saying that ketchup on a steak is blasphemy :D

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.