F430 Car cover fitment | FerrariChat

F430 Car cover fitment

Discussion in '360/430' started by azzurribaggio, Aug 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

2. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I have the official Ferrari cover for my 360, and it also doesn't completely cover the front and rear. Despite stretching it, I still have a bit of the bottom showing, both front and rear. Thinking thiis may be normal?!?!?

Kevin

3. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Mine does the same for the F430, seems like the previous owner shrunk it in the wash. For my 599, it fits perfectly over all the bumpers.

kes7u likes this.
  4. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Not sure if that is the case. I took my brand new 360 cover out of the packing, and it fit similarly. Wonder if it is just an issue with the 360/430 covers??

Kevin

ShadowLAP likes this.
  5. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Ferrari has never been about quality... always form over function. Does the cover fit perfectly? No. Does it keep the dust off? Yes.

6. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    That satin material should be easy to stretch out. Keep working with it.

7. azzurribaggio

I'm fine with how it fits now, just wanted confirmation that I had the right car cover.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #8 freshmeat, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Mine covers my Scuderia front end (even w my added carbon lip) and rear end fully, and when I say fully, I mean if I were to look at the car from any angle, I do not see any part of the side skirts or front and rear bumpers; only the wheels & tires peek out.

I can immediately tell yours is NOT an official F430 cover, if it was, it would have a black "F430" insignia on the driver side mirror part of the cover.

Also, worth mentioning for Scud/16M owners, ours do NOT have the "F430" insignia, but the cover itself should fit like I have described above...if any part of the bumpers are peeking out, it probably isn't the official cover. Another way to tell is how the side mirror part of the cover is stitched together; if it's meant for the scud, it should contour exactly to the shape of the mirror.

F131 one of one and LorenzoR like this.
  9. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I put the original factory cover on my 2003 360 Spider for the first time in 2017 (when I purchased the car) and it fit the same, small gap at the front but if fully covers the exhaust at the rear. Exactly what was reported by Kes7u reported above. Looks like they are all like that. It does work well but I am leery of pulling on it to stretch.

10. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
  11. tonyl8281

tonyl8281 Karting

Jul 1, 2014
    My cover is original 430 and has the same issue. The vey bottom of the front of the car is uncovered just like in your photos. Fits fine elsewhere.

12. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Yes, my OEM leaves her lower reaches showing. Naughty girl :p

kes7u and Tamahal like this.
  13. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    Definitely a lady on the streets and a beast in the sheets !!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MalcQV likes this.
  14. azzurribaggio

15. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    Where abouts is that tag located... back, front , left or right side. I can’t find it , and the wine doesn’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Marcoboxer likes this.
  16. azzurribaggio

Tag is found towards the back. Finally checked this!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

17. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Just curious… I have had my spider about a year. It is kept in my garage and driven at least weekly. I have never even taken the cover out of the front. For those that put on covers are you more of the category where are you are storing your car for weeks or months on end? If it’s a weekly driver seems like a hassle to keep putting it on

Or, am I missing out on the worlds greatest secret

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

18. tonyl8281

tonyl8281 Karting

Jul 1, 2014
    For what it’s worth, my genuine 430 spider cover also does not fit the whole of the front of the car, the lower part of the spoiler remains uncovered. I reckon it’s just a substandard product, either by design or manufacture. Who knows!!

19. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Mine is also a factory cover. It just about stretches to cover every bit at either end, but only with a bit of back and forth between ends. I tend to leave it loose at one or other of the ends, I get the feeling that pulling it very tight over the rear light clusters to achieve full coverage both ends will unnecessarily increase pressure on these fragile parts especially during winter storage for months.

The cover for my 575 is much easier and looser, or less tight.

20. F131 one of one

F131 one of one Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    Netherlands, Europe
    Full Name:
    Taco Vonk
  21. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    I'm using my 430 cover on my 458 and it fits fine, i just have to stretch it a bit. I only cover the car if its not gonna get driven over 2 weeks. I also drive the car once a week or maybe more, but if its gonna be longer , i'll cover it. I always wash or wipe down the first first, never cover a dirty car.

22. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I cover my car religiously after every clean and air dry. I've even got in the he bit of putting the sear covers on . Thinking about it, now it's become a disincentive to just going for a quick blast on a sunny day. Hell, by the time I've done all that and disconnected the C Tek, I need to check the weather forecast again!

Themaven likes this.
  23. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Sure, though it looks like that cover is on your Spider with the roof down? That would make it an easier fit for sure.

24. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I only have experience of my own, but mine fits snugly over the wing mirrors, unlike the picture you show of yours. Still, as they say, as long as it keeps the dust off..

25. F131 one of one

F131 one of one Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    Netherlands, Europe
    Full Name:
    Taco Vonk
    With the roof up it fits the same.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Tamahal likes this.