Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 99 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Numbers produced and depreciation

2. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    a Speciale and Scud were different, with the raw track feel and lower production numbers, however the Pista was not a low production run model and is missing the rawness of its predecessors. So what is the " a lot" that I am missing?

With the new publicly traded Ferrari, numbers and depreciation are much less relevant IMO. Besides I drive all my Fcars heavily and put miles on them so I dont care about those two factors much.

elmadi likes this.
  3. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    How much more comfortable the F8 will be for old farts like me! Can’t wait...

Lesia44 and Ski Bum like this.
  4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Speciale and Pista will have similar production numbers. Some estimates state fewer Pistas but we won’t know till all is said and done.

What the Pista May lack in rawness of a NA engine it more than makes up for in massive increase in power over the Speciale.

5. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Since appearance is subjective if you don’t care about exclusivity and depreciation then you have a very valid point.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  6. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC

First video I've seen where you can actually hear it under load on a track. Unfortunately, it doesn't help much. The GPF has definitely turned down the volume. I will wait to hear it in person before making my final judgement.

MalibuGuy and Ski Bum like this.
  7. Hunter911

Hunter911 Karting

Mar 8, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Yeah, what's with all the short-shifting :confused:

8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The F8 will have a short production cycle (2-3 years) which means numbers will be low. Speed between the Pista and F8 will be within the margin of error. Driving dynamics differences are at present, clearly unknown. The F8 sound in the video posted lacks gravitas and authority. The Pista engine note is more satifying. The Pista will hold value definitely in the short term and most likely but to a lesser degree in the long term. The F8 will be a normally depreciating model.

9. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    I have a 458 spider and a 488. I gotta say my old 2013 458 still looks very relevant as the overall shape (especially the front) has stayed extremely similar since 2010. It's not like the 355 to 360 to 430 to 458 days when every 5 years meant a major facelift. That said my 458 is getting old-- sticky buttons, crappy a/c, crappy sound, power not there compared to the newer models, so I'll be putting my name in for an F8. But no doubt the 458 certainly looks like a new FCar and the sounds is way better. It has been a great car to own....

jem890 and Lesia44 like this.
  10. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The “ a lot” is you don’t have to drive a car with an ugly abortion of an ass when you buy the Pista. The F8 rear end is a distorted hideous mess.

11. speedgod

speedgod Rookie

May 14, 2019
    Coincid- do you know if there is anyway (OEM from Ferrari) to reduce the wheel well gap especially in the rear on the F8? My dealer mentioned they can do so at the dealership using the standard suspension. I love the F8 aesthetics but feel the rise height it the one thing I’ll need to address.

12. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Mark just gets right to the point. lol :)

13. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Rear end looked great when I saw it in person. Five of my friends who attended the same event also liked it and have each placed deposits.

G. Pepper, anishka, Boomhauer and 6 others like this.
  14. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Looks good to me too! For some reason Mark feels compelled to let everyone know he hates the car, as he has done multiple times in this thread. We get it, you hate it and won’t be buying one!

15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Dealer can lower the suspension by 1".

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The rear looks fabulous in person.The sweeping upward arc ( screen vent) of the rear, maintains the similar design aesthetic of the arc of the front bumper creating a homogenous appearance which results in the F8 looking stunning when viewed from all angles.

Boomhauer, stavura and Jo Sta7 like this.
  17. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    To me it’s the front that is less appealing. Someone said it has no bad angle and then the first picture posted after that comment was a bad angle - low front quarter. Looks a little bit busy and too many straight lines from that angle. Overall nice car and I ordered one though.

18. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

I didn't say I HATED the car, I just HATE the ass end (especially the Camaro taillights). I think the front end is nice looking and I like the side view. The mechanicals appear awesome!

As far as the "equal to a pista" well,,,, I will let the market decide that. Im pretty sure which way that will go.

19. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

Yeah, "sweeping upward arc" into a 2013 Camaro tail light lol.

20. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    The F8 is not going to be any sort of milestone. Unfortunately the last of the V8 line suffers from a loss of the visceral experience of a truly great Ferrari.

The sound and rumble and vibration of the V8 are hardly worth discussion. It is a faster and more nimble. But less involving and less special.

Maybe the F8 speciale version will be better in this regard.

Of course this is not the fault of Ferrari. It is
    the result of regulations.

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    So you have driven the F8 where, outside of your imagination. Yet with the absence of driving experience you pronounce judgment on its uninvolving driving dynamics .

22. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    #2473 jumpinjohn, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

23. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John

24. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    So now the F8 looks like a Camaro? I thought the Stradale looked like a Camaro. I’m so confused!