812 Spider | Page 33 | FerrariChat

812 Spider

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MalibuGuy, Sep 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hotman1955

hotman1955 Rookie

Jul 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    bernard litman
    saw both cars at Marenello on tuesday this week
    the 812 looks like a 488 spider kit has been added to it. it does nothing to improve the lines of the vehicle
    F8 tributo spider looks great

Gcsdave and of2worlds like this.
  2. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017

When can we see the official pictures ??

3. lanpa8

lanpa8 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    its just a leaked photo of a car don't see whats the big deal

LARRYH and F2003-GA like this.
  4. mofatmi9

mofatmi9 Rookie

Aug 5, 2018
    Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Mohammed Fatmi
    And as usual, insecure Lamborghini owner Kris Singh with the usual detracting comments about Ferrari, based on a low-quality photo

5. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    What did you expect? We all knew it would be an 812 with a retractable hardtop, heavier and less rigid than the coupe.

That's totally different. The car was in disguise before the launch. Why bother removing the camouflage in order to continue testing?

6. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Monday

7. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I wonder if there will be an option to paint the fake black rear quarter 'window' in body colour as it might look better?

8. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    he's been through a lot in his life, has a ton of ferraris and couldn't care less about the consequences, I assure you.

9. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    How was the F8 Spider,looking good?

10. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    #810 MisterMaranello, Sep 6, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    I saw the F8 Spider a few months ago, in near finished form. It has the 488 Spider treatment but the rear air louvres over the bonnet are more pronounced and longer entering into the rear wing assembly, and will also be available in carbon fiber - as they were on the car I saw. I took a few pictures of the car but out of respect will not post as it discloses the location of the car at the time - told to me being the single "complete" unit in existence at the time I saw it.

of2worlds likes this.
  11. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Ok thanks .So they keeping the lexan rear cover?

12. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    No. Similar to 488 spider.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  13. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I’ll wait for final opinion until seeing it in person however the 812 from this picture looks very poor.

14. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Saw the 812 Spyder yesterday. Looks great with roof open not so good from the back with roof closed. As to sound, just left the factory and when I was leaving two Monza’s left ( amazing sound and car) followed by a F8 then a 812 a minute later. If you closed your eyes you would have thought only 3 cars left. The F8 is very muted and not even close to what we know a Ferrari sounds like. Later I saw 3 F8’s following each other. Again extremely muted sound. IMO the Ferrari sound is lost. Will likely keep my 812 Coup and F12 not just for sound but they are great cars without any of the “new” crap.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds, Shack, Bundy and 3 others like this.
  15. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    One other point, the portofino’s driving around sounded better than the F8.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    IMO from the leaked photo the 812 looks more Targa than Spider

Bundy, of2worlds, deltona and 2 others like this.
  17. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    +1

F2003-GA likes this.
  18. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    #818 Caeruleus11, Sep 6, 2019
    Yes, outside of context, it is just a picture. And I would never wish to diminish the challenges someone has dealt with in life.

BUT- context almost always matters. In this case it is a matter of respect. There is respect for Ferrari. Ferrari hosted this event, they set the rules, it is literally their house. Everyone else seemingly complied with the rules, and what's more, no one forced anyone inside, it is possible to say you don't like the rules of the house and thus, will not participate.

Then there is respect for everyone else- we are all waiting to be surprised. Who gave this person the right to take over and do it?

And no matter the difficulties endured, that does not give you permission to behave badly towards others. So absent any other information, in my opinion, the leaker is in the wrong.

I would have preferred to first see this new model either in person or via their high quality pictures/ video/ media. Not via some crummy spy shot. Of course, I could have looked away, but- I couldn't- I want to see it! I think it looks pretty good! Very handsome. I'm not sure about the area above the windshield, it looks like they left too much roof material, however, this is just via a terrible picture, so I am assuming it will look better once we can have a better look. As to GPF and sound, I think its a sad new reality. Someone will make some kind of adapter, its a shame this is being foisted on Ferrari. Where I live, trucks and busses spew soot and smell terrible and no one does anything- yet they muzzle a few Ferraris?! (I know this is apples and oranges I am just venting).

Claudia65, stavura, mofatmi9 and 12 others like this.
  19. Gisi

Gisi Karting

Dec 6, 2006
    SWITZERLAND
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    saw 812 spider today, best car to buy today! amazing. they put the best of couple cars in the 812 spider

JagShergill, uhn2000 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  20. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    No, GPF is just behind the manifolds...It has an important impact on sound and horse power

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Of course you are right. But I think there will be enough demand that someone will develop something. And yes, I am being general and vague since I don't have specifics. It might take a while though...

22. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Yes..but what did the 812 Spider sound like??

23. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    #823 Bundy, Sep 6, 2019
    Beautifully said, Buddy. Manners matter, maybe now more than ever?

Apparently, the pollution caused by cruise ships far eclipses that of passenger automobiles, too. GPF is just the latest item to join thousands of other examples of ineffective and politically-motivated governmental directives.

I think I actually prefer the curved convertible design of the Portofino over the abrupt vertical rear window drop-off ala 488 Spider - especially on a front-engine car. Maybe less of an issue for me aesthetically on the mid-engined V8 models, but it’s still the main reason why I turned down a Pista Spider allocation.

daflk, Makuono, day355 and 1 other person like this.
  24. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    They did drive the 812 Spyder in the room to present, however the music was too loud to hear the engine. Same for the F8.

As to the person that took the picture, it was wrong as well said just above. Ferrari put on a very professional event only to have someone who WAS ( I hope no more new Ferrari’s for this person) a client of Ferrari and impacted the suspense Ferrari has been building for September 9th. (Not dissimilar to the Apple event September 10 - two top brands that want its customers and non customers to be wowed)

Senna1994, Bundy and Caeruleus11 like this.
  25. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    As you know, at this time , we must take the best of the end of a brand, a family line...Still one variant of the 812 and his amazing replacement...
    After, it s finished !
    In such a context, this 812 spider remains a really good thing
    V 8 range is now a part of the past, unfortunatly...

of2worlds, ale75 and Caeruleus11 like this.