FORMULA 1 JOHNNIE WALKER BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 18 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 JOHNNIE WALKER BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Aug 31, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marco Polo

Marco Polo Rookie

Jan 14, 2017
    Cheshire, UK
    Absolutely spot on and very well put!

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    A great pillock

3. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    At least Daytona sired an offspring, LH44 on the other hand.............................................. gets sired?????????

daytona355 and fil like this.
  4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’m happy in my own cars, and had plenty for you to be jealous of sunbeam. I bet I’ve bedded more crumpet than your little diva too. Still, I guess that through a demonstration of projection, you are jealous of him and his LaFerrari? Never mind, work hard, play harder, maybe one day. I didn’t think I’d ever own many of the cars I’ve bought and sold over the years, and there’s quite a few I wish I’d kept, but you can’t drive wishes sunshine. Go and do it, I did

Also, I’d keep mine in Vegas, where the real players live, and I would have more fun. California is too liberal for me mate. Vegas is where it’s at

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #430 ylshih, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    Demeaning another user, 30 day thread ban.

Attacking another user's personal life, 30 day thread ban.

Tifosi on the site were offered tagged threads last year with a thread specific rule that would forbid any pumping of Hamilton or other team/driver by their fans. Why haven't you used it?

ATBNM3 likes this.
  6. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And then there are threads with a specific name (Sid) in the thread title and still some trolls must come around to bait him only a few hours after his ban is off... and nothing happens....
    But at least William got another user banned....

VPX and daytona355 like this.
  7. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Fräulein Singhof, bitte....

8. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Have you reported the post(s) you are complaining about for review? Asking about drivers, teams, races may be baiting, but it isn't necessarily an offense.

Again, why aren't tifosi using the special thread tag if you don't want to hear from other driver/team fans?

Belittling another user. 30 day thread ban.

9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    #434 daytona355, Sep 7, 2019
    Attacking someone’s personal life? So when someone took the pass out of my being ill, that wasn’t attacking my personal life? I’m finding it hard to see where the line is here

I actually took Terras comment as humour..... I assume I missed his point then..

I didn’t start this thread, so I couldn’t add in the opener to stop the trolls.... should I add a new thread then for Monza? Maybe it might also be a good idea though now that clearly the people on the side of Elton and team 44 are evident to start actually giving them a ban or thread ban for the misdemeanours that lead to tifosi getting the same.... it’s hardly fair that these people wander around causing trouble, yet sit there in the background Scot free. Terra got banned for making what I thought was a joke, hence my witty response, yet the person taking the piss out of my illness got away with it totally, and it was attempted as far as I’m concerned by the mod dealing with the issue to make me look like a ****, and in fact, led to a MONTH LONG ban for me, totally unwarranted and over the top even if it were

10. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    You introduced your illness yourself and made it a topic of conversation. You talking about your 3 year old daughter did not suddenly make your sex life a part of the discussion.

11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    No, I didn’t, I mentioned about my illness demonstrating my will to win against adversity during the Las Vegas Route 91 shooting, an event I have posted about several times on fchat, including on the day it happened from Las Vegas. Since Neurobeaker has corresponded with me offering medical insight into the illness, I expected more from the moderators than to be asked to share personal medical information to prove I have an illness everyone, bar the one poster it seems, knows I’ve got. I did not get an apology from anyone, least of all any moderator, in fact, the poster got away scot free, and I got banned for not putting him on ignore.... ridiculous and completely out of order.

So, let’s say I post I have a ferrari California, and someone says I’m a **** because I have a California, does that mean I introduced my car into the conversation, so it’s my fault and I invited it, or does he gets banned for calling me a ****? He’s calling me it based on the knowledge of the car I drive, I’m guessing that’s my fault, yes?

Terra did not upset me, he was having a laugh I think, because I do joke about women a lot on here, and I don’t particularly care what someone wants to make of it, or me as such, but personal nastiness like I experienced bout my illness is out of order, however, you want to paint it, don’t you agree?

Jakuzzi likes this.
  12. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #437 ylshih, Sep 7, 2019
    william did not call you names, he questioned whether your condition was real. So to use your analogy, if you came on posting you had a California, and william posted "I don't believe you have a California, post a pic with you and the car", that is in fact a standard request here and neither william nor you would be subject to moderation for that interaction. Further it is not uncommon for the reply to be "of course I have a California, but I don't have to prove it to you" and then have "Then I don't have to believe you have a California, if you won't prove it" be the comeback. It's only if one of you took offense and started spouting off beyond this common exchange, then the language and nature of comments made could lead to moderation. Your subsequent ban was based on an additional set of interactions beyond the discussion of your illness.

13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I give up, I expect a certain standard to be upheld, and certain things are off limits. I was banned because I didn’t put William on ignore, that was STATED in the reason for the ban sent to me. The TOS has nothing in it to state I must comply with advice to put someone on ignore, so the ban was ********.

VPX, Jakuzzi, stavura and 1 other person like this.
  14. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    If that's what you got out of the ban notice, you didn't read it completely or correctly. Refusing to put william on ignore was just one element.

15. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’ve got it saved somewhere, the only other part was stating that if I don’t ignore him, and I argue with him,that could lead to further moderation.... I sent a copy of the statement to a few people here, I’ll look it up if I have saved the emails. It didn’t say anything else about anything, oh, it did state it was a one race ban, which was a month, again, rather a long time for it and rather needless

Anyhow, I told you, I give up, I don’t care anymore about it, you can think yourselves right and that’s fine by me, enjoy it.

Many members here discuss with me how we seem to be watching the f1 section get destroyed by Elton’s fans daily, and you don’t want anyone to stand up for Ferrari..... no problem.... you guys clearly know what you are doing. They can post the same argument time and again, constantly bait people, repeat the same stuff time and again, woe betide anyone that decides to respond to them. Fine. I’m a pleasant chap, I make some jokes, I’ll play along, **** it, why not. FERRARI are the greatest team ever in f1 history, so they sure don’t care about the opinions of any of us on this forum, least of all fans of any other team or driver.

With a little luck, Elton retires soon, they will all stop posting because they are only here because of Elton, and what’s left of the section will be a more pleasant place.

16. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    You complain all the time about those users "ruining the forum", even though you were offered a tool so they don't bother you. Why aren't you using the tagged threads?

It seems you and P.Singhof keep evading an answer to this question.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I was told it was a test for a race or two,, and I certainly didn’t realise it was meant that It would be down to me to set each thread up every race. Send me the title sample again and I’ll start doing it if you want me to... I got the impression last time I did it though that I was supposedly to only post in that one thread each time, and not any other, which isn’t fair unless a similar ‘Elton rocks’ thread is created where his fans are trapped?

18. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    The mods don't start any race threads, users do. It was tried for the last race of the 2018 season and seemed to go OK. But no one restarted it for any race in 2019.

It doesn't have to be you, but if you're going to be a persistent complainer, even after it's been explained to you and others time and again that fans of any driver/team get to post here as long as they behave properly, then it seems you can be one of the ones to have the "burden" of initiating these threads more often than not.

You're not restricted to these threads, you can still post anywhere. But, if you are true to your statement that you only want a space where you get to be a tifoso amongst other tifosi without having "evil" Hamilton fans in your face, then it seems apparent where you should be doing most of your posting.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/146300004/

19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It’s the behaving properly that is different on your eyes than it is to the majority of members I speak to, but like I said, I don’t care. I’m quite happy discussing things with anyone here, it’s the mods that don’t like me mixing it up and beating these people’s arguments all the time LOL.

20. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    #445 P.Singhof, Sep 7, 2019
    I am evading an answer??? What about the mods who simply evade the answer to the question what they consider "trolling"? We get answers like "when we see it we will know it" and other nonsense. When was the last time a guy was banned for trolling although this is written in your own rules?
    So as long as william does not call other people names he can write whatever he wants and when 100 people are getting banned because of him it is their problem because they did not put him on ignore??? What are you doing in the meantime and what do we need you for if you do nothing about it?
    Here are people who brag that the do not even read the replies on their posts before they comment that... if this is not a clear indicator of trolling I do not know what is...certainly they are not interested in a conversation but only having a laugh at the stupid users and mods in a forum they pollute. But obviously this is OK as long as the numbers of users is getting up as I was told recently in a note from a mod....
    So belittling another user results in a "thread ban"??? So even calling other people names only results in a ban for a single thread??? OK, well then...

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  21. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Still evading. No answer. But at least Sid took it on.

Users get banned all the time for bickering, sniping, name calling, etc. That's part of trolling. What you want to call "trolling" is posting about another driver.

You complained bitterly enough about your 30-day thread bans, for about the same level of comment. :rolleyes:

22. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Seriously, I can only shake my head.... You imply that I want to call "trolling" is posting about another driver? What complete nonsense is that??? It is like you are spinning words on purpose! If someone posting about a another driver because he wants to have a discussion it is one thing, if he posts because he wants to have a laugh and only wants to get reactions it is a different story
    If you do not see the difference and you obviously don´t than one might ask whether you are in the right place...
    And it is really sad that in a Ferrari forum one does need to declare a thread to "Ferrari only" just to be certain that the trolls not show up to push it into the usual direction. This is a complete declaration of bankruptcy of the mods, just as the thread of perma-ban someone for replying on a single other user in future because they are unable to get a conversation into decent manner

daytona355 likes this.
  23. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Oh, we see it. What you don't see is that the Ferrari fans are doing exactly the same thing. Or perhaps you just expect that because this is a Ferrari forum, that you should get away with it, but not them. Unlike the Mercedes forum, we welcome all F1 fans here, not just Ferrari fans. It's only because some users, such as yourself, are persistently unable to accept this, that we're offering a new tool.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  24. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Again you imply that it is my "persistently unability to accept" other fans in this website... so there are tons of "other fans" on this website that are never subject of any complaints and there are a handful who have decided to take the piss out of this forum...you have never asked yourself what made them join of all forums a forum that is called "Ferrari Chat" as obviously the answer to that question would not be to your liking. If you think that I am wrong when I say someone joining FChat only talking about ONE single driver, and then even bragging not to read the reply on their wisdom they think they need to share with us, is here for the purpose of trolling I really can´t help you and obviously it will never change as you are unable to address a problem you do not even see. So why not just blaming others for that....
    Sorry to bother you, if I was on their expert level of trolling I would know that I should simply "like" all your moderator posts and go on in the next thread as if nothing happened... as even belittling other users would still give me this posibility I would say I am in a very comfortable position then

daytona355 likes this.
  25. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #450 ylshih, Sep 7, 2019
    You can have your own opinion, but you can't have your own facts. Take the user you quoted above. He signed up here in 2003, while Hamilton had his first F1 race in 2007. He's 3 years earlier than your 2006 sign up. So no, he didn't sign up solely to wave Hamilton in the face of Ferrari fans here.