FORMULA 1 JOHNNIE WALKER BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 19 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 JOHNNIE WALKER BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Aug 31, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So he obviously only found the fun in it when people like toil and tesla showed up and were protected by the mods over years until finally removed and since them never talked about anymore...Others have an account that was inactive for years just to post now on a daily bases on a single subject and once the account was active again the place of origin changed by miracle. Yeah, very genuine...

daytona355 likes this.
  2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Yin has been incredibly patient in this thread. Wants to give you some simple advice on how to avoid conflict with users you don't want to hear from and all you can give him is flack. Why not JUST TRY IT? Oh, I know why, because that's not as much fun as sniping at Hamilton fans and the mods here.

So, c'mon, give it a try.

D

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Yeah, if he would put the same efforts in addressing the the real problems we would not have this conversation... But instead we do a toil 2.0 where the mods were too busy to blame the other users that it took them a year longer than everybody else to recognize the trolls....
    Wrong, if this would be my goal I would join the Mercedes forum... oh wait
    Lucky me to be in such an open minded forum...

Bas and daytona355 like this.
  4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Pete is expressing what the majority of regular members feel here, and the mods,

Yin, Sid did not ‘take it on’. Sid gave up asking questions that you want to either spin or ignore... there’s a big difference. You and other mods are missing the point, while myself, Pete, Bas and the like put our heads over the top, there are hundreds of people that come here expecting a certain thing.... guess what it is.... go on, you think maybe Ferrari F1 news and chat? What they get is to see tifosi get banned whose crime was standing up for constant, prolonged baiting and trolling as identified by your own ToS rules, by Elton fans.

You did not state what else I was banned for, that was written in invisible ink in the tag line I could see when I couldn’t log on, other than the ignore bit and the threat to be moderated if I engaged with William...... I didn’t ask you to elaborate last time, but please, tell me more, because someone forgot to add that bit on so clearly with such a lengthy ban it must have been extremely important, and I wouldn’t want to cross the line by ignorance of that information

VPX and Bas like this.
  5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    There is a limit to our patience.

I've been in conversation with you since December 2018 explaining numerous mod actions along with the many concurrent explanations on these public threads, during which you've rejected almost all explanations and been just as abusive as here. Further a check of your mod history shows about a dozen moderation actions against you from thread bans to site bans, all with concurrent warnings and notices. Finally, as you simply reject all explanations, reject that the moderation here has any validity, reject any need to modify your own behavior, reject any attempts to work on proposals that don't conform to your own conceptions of "how it should be", there seems to be no point in your continued presence on a site that you abhor. We're willing to work with users who demonstrate some willingness to adapt, even if they're imperfect in adaptation or compliance, and communicate with a moderate veneer of courtesy, but if there's complete rejection of what we're trying to do and heaped abuse, there's no point to the effort and we don't need to put up with it.

Permanent ban.

6. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    If you didn't believe in it, then stop. You were the one that told me it was such a great idea when I suggested it last year. Now you claim it was against your will because you couldn't convince me of your position? You have no problem speaking your mind in general, but you ***** out on this?

Here's the ban notice:

You were banned for being a hypocrite. Says so right there. You wanted us to moderate william if he violated his statement that he had put you on ignore, but you declared yourself free to do exactliy what you wanted us to moderate him for doing, that's being a hypocrite. You were also banned for declaring him an "enemy" which is a personal attack. You were also banned for being a hypocrite yet another way, that I didn't post about, because you had just PM'ed me a few hours or a day earlier how you were doing such a great job of being non-confrontational and not causing trouble. We simply get tired of your ********. :rolleyes:

You and P.Singhof are your own worst enemies.

7. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Well, that’s rather a dent in the quality of the forum. Pete has a wealth of knowledge that he shares with us all here, and is extremely valued as a contributor. He has an in depth historical knowledge of Ferrari and F1 in general, and is actually first hand speaking with F1 figures on an almost daily basis. It’s rather a harsh action to take, he is writing in his second language to get his points across. I see some humour in his posts, but not abuse (although opinions become a problem as they are taken personally, and we all read different things into certain language when used, let’s face it, I think I post jokes on occasion and some see them as factual reports sometimes giving me no end of trouble) but he is frustrated at what he sees, maybe it could have been taken to PM rather than played out here in the public thread instead?

Then again, what do I know, I trust I won’t suffer the same fate for posting in shock at developments, Peter is a good friend of mine

VPX, ypsilon, stavura and 1 other person like this.
  8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Sorry, didn’t see you had posted to me.... let me read that a moment

VPX likes this.
  9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Where was that, all I could see was a note saying along the lines of ‘you have been banned, you should put William on ignore, further interaction with the poster will result in further moderation’

It took me a week to get my computer to forget my login and let me view anything at all on the forum, as a visitor not a member, so where was that posted?, not on the ban screen I could see

I have no desire to drag things up, but I, as far as I can remember, said that I won’t be putting him on ignore as he has demonstrated himself an enemy to me with calling me a liar over something so personal.... I assume you understand that the incident very much upset me, this disease is not exactly the most happy part of my life, and someone using it to attack me and undermine my integrity and credibility in public was disgusting to me, as I wanted to keep an eye on what he said about me so I could report it if necessary, because I take things very seriously like that. I had been trying extremely hard up to that point, and it hit me sideways the responses I received that were hardly supportive, and the fact he was not moderated in any way rubbed salt into the wound.

Until you go through what I have gone through with my illness, you will likely not appreciate how it affects your mental state. I would appreciate that at least that point is understood, even if my love for Ferrari seems over the top to some

10. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    That was posted close to immediately after your post that resulted in a ban. It was publicly accessible to non-registered users and as you had access the the Countdown thread, excluding pictures, the text should have been readily available to you if you had looked as you claimed in your complaint thread about your ban.

11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    A week after I was banned I downloaded chrome, and that didn’t try to automatically log me in, so I was able to view stuff. Don’t assume I’m some technical genius mate, I have no clue about cookies and cash’s and stuff like that, so whenever I tried to get in to view it kept trying to log me in and showed me the ban page with a hundred like notifications I couldn’t access either!

So what thread was that in, or can you copy the actual ‘ban note’ so I can see it?

12. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Just click on the arrow on the quote. It will take you there. As I said, it was close to immediately after your post on the relevant thread. Go to the thread if the link doesn't work.

13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Don’t worry, I’ve spotted it in that last post... thanks

14. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Let's be serious for a moment. After the last 2 pages of bans we ALL can agree that LH44 STINKS, correct? ;)

jmillard308, furoni, stavura and 3 others like this.
  15. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Heh heh.