FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D'ITALIA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 25 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D'ITALIA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Especially so shortly after Antonio's accident.

Was Brundle still driving when the HANS device was added?
    Or is he guessing?

Those visors look pretty wide, compared to older helmets, and there does seem to be some slack in the HANS tethers.
    But then, I never used a HANS device, back in the day, so I can't say for sure, either.

Nortonious likes this.
  2. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Just resent my PM.

3. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Charles confirming that he drove harder under attack because of what happened with Max at Austria. He says he stuck his elbows out based on his understanding of how the rules are now being applied

Nortonious and daytona355 like this.
  4. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Brundle is still racing.

Nortonious and daytona355 like this.
  5. #605 lorenzobandini, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    As johnireland stated: "Today Ferrari had the better car";
    It's universally known that the Ferrari has been faster in a straight line at the two circuits. Where have you been???

ricksb and william like this.
  6. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I think Vettel couldn't’ see and his anti-stall prevented him twice from spinning the wheels and re-join at a much tighter angle

william, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  7. How would anti-stall stop from spinning the rears? 'Happens all the time at the start (wheel spin)...

8. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    #608 jpalmito, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    I respectfully disagree ,
    Second stint with harder tyres , both Mercedes had 0,3 seconds per lap advantage.
    Mercedes has more downforce and better tyre management.
    Fortunately Charles was in pole position and track position was key here and Spa .
    This is why what Charles has done is so impressive.
    In order to help you to understand what I am saying just remember Vettel and Red Bull winning in Monza in 2011 with the worse top speed of all cars but the most efficient car all around.

Jakuzzi, Senna1994, fil and 3 others like this.
  9. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Actually, all of the commentators, and ferrari themselves, all stated clearly yesterday, and over the weekend, that the fastest car was the Mercedes over a lap, but ferrari was fastest in the first sector due to its straight line advantage. Track position, and Mercedes downforce setup, prevented their being able to overtake. Had they done, it is likely they would have stayed in front assuming the tyres lasted

Charles did a fantastic job, and showed the way to Elton, the supposed best out there (yeah, right)

sammysaber, Jakuzzi, LVP488 and 7 others like this.
  10. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    don’t forget, the mercs suffered the same fate as all the other teams following them for most of the season, disturbed aero.

SV is really a busted flush, if he cannot control the red mist then he needs to retire for his own sanity.......and ours. This doesn’t look good on his CV though!!

daytona355 likes this.
  11. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Vettel remembering the good old days..

12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I honestly believe the Mercwas the faster car over one lap...just look at qualy, the diference between them was nothing, and we all know in the race they are faster, and they had a faster tyre in the second stint.

sammysaber, fil, Bas and 3 others like this.
  13. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Really really sad for seb ,
    Top driver with a fantastic palmares.
    4 times world champion in a row.
    His speed was legit and really impressive at time.

Looked like a depressive person the last two years.
    Really hope he won't collapse.
    I have no other explanation.

daytona355 likes this.
  14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Maybe Toto could stick rocket up his arse...that should speed him up!

daytona355 likes this.
  15. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Missed the race and most of the highlights so don’t know exactly what went on but he has mentally lost control which as you say is very sad. I like SV, but would I sign him, the answer is unfortunately no.

I see MV made more mistakes.

And as for LH, why try to get another competitor into trouble by those in car statements, I hate that bitching

Senna1994, furoni, classic308 and 2 others like this.
  16. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Seb needs a clean, fast weekend, with no issues, to give him his confidence back. He is struggling with this car somehow, and the more Charles succeeds, the worse he is feeling, and that transfers to his performance. Trouble is, I think it is becoming too far gone for him to get it back at Ferrari. He needs a nurturing, supportive structure around him that Ferrari don’t have the spare capacity to provide, being on the ropes themselves - two wins at these tracks are great, but they are the only two tracks that they can expect to have much chance, it will be back to the grindstone next time out, and their efforts won’t be on giving a security blanket to Seb. Whether anyone will want, or need, to give Seb the change he needs, is another matter, unless ferrari steal Albon or max (very unlikely) why would red bull need him back? Wages are the last thing they spend money on, notoriously tight fisted on those, and Seb is like you or me, once he earns big bucks, he isn’t going back for peanuts, he might as well live off personal appearances and sponsorship in a lesser series with no pressure

17. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Absolutely, I am afraid he has no choice but leaving formula one.
    I guess he and binotto will have a very serious but friendly meeting in order to find a solution for both.

daytona355, TonyL and Nortonious like this.
  18. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Swap with Gio?

19. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    That was the RTL crew so it's OK ;)
    Too bad it wasn't the guy with the crazy shirts.

Seriously, Brundle's a fair guy and while they may cheer more for LH, I wouldn't call that heavily biased.
    Benson's articles on BBC, they're heavily biased.

Ferrari's bias for Vettel was much more of an issue.

Bas likes this.
  20. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I can confirm you from my own experience with my own F1, you cannot turn your head, all you see is front and your left and right mirrors. HANS and the side protection doesnt let you see anything wider than 30-40 degrees angle. The team cannot help you as they probably don'thave the visibility either so F1 might need a solution for this like a radar system in the car. showing you green light or warning lights. like we have in Endurance Racing.

dflett, daytona355, kandi and 2 others like this.
  21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    it's depressing, especially as a vettel fan.

22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't really blame him for the crash...but it was yet another spin. Really depressing as Vettel fan.

daytona355, Senna1994 and Igor Ound like this.
  23. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    It really is.

I hope Seb can find a way to shake all this off, just have a good clean race in Singapore, and try to enjoy.

The next circuit doesn't ideally suit the SF90H so I'd just like to see good error-free weekend all the way around for Scuderia Ferrari.

24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yap, i like Sewb, he's earned everything he got, because he was that good, that fast, and i hate to see a bunch of losers using their tv time to talk him down, but he's not helping himself, his recent mistakes take nothing away from his past achievements, but right now he's not the driver he was, nor the driver Ferrari needs, and he does not justify the money that he earns. SEb MUST improve his game , quickly and a lot or Ferrari must consider an alternative...and to me, Ricci is the best option.
    I wouls also point out that for the second race in succession Ferrari as gotten the strategy right, so i hope this is an improvement and just not luck, because with the stupid calls thet where making before they would have lost thsese 2 races.

25. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Seb has been in decline since Germany last season, Montreal may have been the coup de grace.

+1

No thanks.

+1 exactly.

Fingers crossed.

daytona355 and Senna1994 like this.