F8 Spider | Page 5 | FerrariChat

F8 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Adamas, Apr 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Emphasis on aero dynamics in super cars has become not only a critical performance component, but the stylistic manner in which they are incorporated has become a fundamental design element of the car. S- duct, vents, diffusers all contribute to the design aesthetic and it is primarily what differentiates a super car from a regular vehicle. While the 458 was an attractive car in its day, the absence of visual aero dynamics creates an elegant appearance but one lacking in the modern super car look. The Pista and F8 comport to what I deem to be the new visual paradigm in this category. It is bold, exciting, track focused and congruent with a high performance sports car.

stavura, REALZEUS and nickbains26 like this.
  2. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
  3. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    MANDALAY and Coincid like this.
  4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Darn autocorrect. Batista!

of2worlds likes this.
  5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Sure they have created some good designs. They have also created some bad ones. Just like every other designer.

Its just the constant herd mentality that is seen here on Fchat that it becomes tiresome.

There isn't a greater car than the 458. umm yes there is- 488, pista, f8, etc etc
    No one can design a car better than pininfarina- ummm yes they can. La Ferrari- not designed by Pininfarina and one of the best looking cars period

People hear someone say something and continue to repeat it like sheep.

Repeat after me - Pininfarina designs walk on water. everything else sucks.

so tiresome.

6. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Isn't it also fair to point out that today's Pininfarina is not the same Pininfarina from years ago when the Father and Son were actually alive?
    Ferrari brought their talent internally, and that likely is a good thing IMO.
    I have a triple-yellow 458 Spider that I adore and think is drop-dead gorgeous; but that F8 Spider is absolutely stunning!
    If the sound was comparable I would be selling my 458 and getting the F8; but it isn't, and sound is important to me.

7. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    It shouldn't be seen as outdated unless it was to be released for sale today which, it isn't. Its just a different design language that some feel is more classic ferrari, new design language is all about aero and performance
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Only a 458 owner would prefer the appearance of the 458 spider to the Pista or F8 spider. Analogous to a parent and a child.

9. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    If I could only have one it would be a 458 spider but, I can have both and see them as very different cars, I see 458 spider as long term keeper and f8 spider as one to trade in each time a new one comes out but, maybe when f8 spider arrives in the garage I will want to keep that to, only time will tell I suppose
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    I think to be fair, it’s undeniable that if not for the 458 the design of the 488 would be one of the most beautiful Ferraris ever produced. It’s design is clearly taken from the 458. Not so for this new F8 Spider. It is beautiful and stands on its own. Having seen both the F8 and the Battista by Pininfarina in the flesh I can say I prefer the lines of the Battista over the F8. It’s just a subjective opinion meaning no more or less than anyone’s opinion on this forum. I could care less if Pininfarina designed it as long as it appeals to my eye.

kandi, PTG1 and SoCal to az like this.
  11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    This is a very logical and balanced assessment of The capabilities of Pininfarina.

SingleClutch and Senna1994 like this.
  12. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I’m thinking silver would be lovely!

of2worlds, SingleClutch and italiafan like this.
  13. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I’m not saying PF are infallible. I am saying PF is the most proven design house with the best track record and many more hits than misses. The 488, Pista, F8 are all in fact versions of a PF design, the 458. They are all facelifts of the 458. They are not Ferrari Centro Styling creation in whole. If you want to compare whole creations then compare the Pininfarina 458 (and Speciale) to the FCS SF90 and then compare the F12 to the 812 Superfast.

kandi likes this.
  14. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I think titanio would make all the curves dance in the sunlight. A great color for highlighting twisting shapes.

ScrappyB and F2003-GA like this.
  15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Meh. They are just another design firm. Sure they did a good job but just because ferrari doesn’t use them anymore means nothing. The cars are still beautiful without them. They are irrelevant to me.

REALZEUS likes this.
  16. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Pininfarina design chief Leonardo Fioravanti would disagree. So would everyone that has posted in the 288 GTO thread on this board. :)

There's a few winners in the list from the Wiki:

During his time with Pininfarina, Fioravanti designed several Ferraris:

· Ferrari 288 GTO

· Ferrari 365GTB, popularly known as the Daytona

· Ferrari 365 GT4 2+2

· Dino 206 GT and 246 GT

· Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona

· Ferrari 365 GT4 2+2 (the forerunner of the Ferrari 400 and Ferrari 412)

· Ferrari 308 GTB

· Ferrari 328

· Ferrari 512 Berlinetta Boxer

· Ferrari 288 GTO

· Ferrari Testarossa

· Ferrari Mondial 8 (the forerunner of the Ferrari Mondial QV, Ferrari Mondial 3.2, and Ferrari Mondial t)

· Ferrari F40

· Ferrari 348

· Ferrari P5

· Ferrari P6

· Ferrari Pinin

of2worlds and kandi like this.
  17. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Definitely deserves metallic colors, with all the edges and curves.

F2003-GA likes this.
  18. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Looks like the F8 Spider is the end of the line ..next one up is 'LB' the twin turbo V6 Hybrid ,rumoured it will priced around the same as Pista.....making the F8/Spider a relative bargain.

SF90 being an even bigger step up.

19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    400k for little brother and 600k for big brother? Source?

20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    It is something i read on here ages ago,will try to dig up the post.

It makes sense with Ferrari themselves forecasting big jump in revenue in coming years.Hence RACE went into overdrive.

SoCal to az likes this.
  21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    And my prediction is both the 488 and F8 will go up in resale. Hardly any 458's for sale and those that are have high mileage.

22. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Credit where credit is due for PF. Ferrari wouldn’t be where they are without PF. You can “meh” facts all you like. No other design house could or would have created the many masterpieces that PF did. The PF artistic vision gave the cars their legendary aesthetics. You have some sort of agenda against them for some reason.

kandi likes this.
  23. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical

SoCal to az likes this.