Who should replace Vettel? | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Who should replace Vettel?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Jul 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who should replace Vettel?

1. Alonso

2. Rosberg

3. Button

4. Barrichello

5. Other (please mention)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Kimi if we need a support role....

2. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    I think if Vettel could accept that Charles is faster and focus on being a halfway decent #2 driver, he might be a perfect replacement for current mistake-prone Vettel. His mistakes are from trying too hard. If he could accept a shift in responsibilities I think he could stay on at Ferrari and be perfectly fine.

3. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Idealistically, I think you are correct. Seb could be a fantastic #2 for the next generation (Leclerc). But realistically, I'm not sure he could accept that role right now. I also agree his mistakes seem to come from trying too hard and possibly cluttering his mind with things he should not have to (team strategy errors).

Jeronimo GTO and daytona355 like this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

With all due respect u don’t want a young driver to learn the ropes. Star team want start power OR star talent ; u don’t want an average driver.
    What Ferrari needs is send vettel to a shrink and see if he can get his straight. Every so called driver here forget he is a 4 time champion. If he has lost it then let him go but I’d not fully dismiss him yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Leclerc is becoming that star driver, that’s the issue. Vettel May be too late to be held onto at this rate, and I’m a Vettel fan!

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

You can't blame team strategy when the racecraft is at fault.
    Some of Vettel's mishaps were really beginner's mistakes a 4-time WDC shouldn't make.

7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    If he can't stand the pressure of F1 anymore, he should retire before making a spectacle of himself.
    IMO, Ferrari deserves better than a Vettel.

kandi, VPX and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  8. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Great video shoot why Vettel needs to be replaced

Natkingcolebasket69 and william like this.
  9. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Rubbish. Juan Manuel Fangio won five world championships in four different cars: Alfa Romeo, two in Mercedes-Benz, and one each in Ferrari and Maserati. The last in 1957 in a Maserati that was demonstrably not as fast as the Ferraris. And he was then 47 years old!

stavura, Picchu88, fil and 2 others like this.
  10. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Ferrari Dream Over?

With Prince Charles it is just beginning.

ATBNM3 and daytona355 like this.
  11. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Wishful thinking would be Alonso

Realistic thinking would be Norris or Albon. Would love to see what Norris can accomplish with more dependable equipment at his disposal. IMO he has a high ceiling in the right car.

12. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    We don't need Alonso. Tried that already, didn't work. And besides no one else wants him either.

I'm 360 Canuck and william like this.
  13. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Different time, different place. IMO if Alonso had the 2017-2018 Scuderia, he would have been more competitive. However, I like the idea of Charles pared up with another young driver like Norris or Albon.

14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    When we had Alonso, we gave him a donkey to ride, and he still ran close in championships, and outdrove the cars performance... bring him back,I’ll bet he doesn’t spin while on his own, get lapped by LeClerc, nor fail to get a lap done in qualy.... whatever his personality, the ferrari paddock loved him, his mechanics still love the guy now.. he knows how to deliver, and he would drive the ferrari almost for free I’d bet, just to prove he is still the best driver around at the moment. Imagine LeClerc picking up a few of Alonsos crafty tricks!

MalcQV, stavura, DF1 and 3 others like this.
  15. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Welcome back Sid, missed you. Alonso was/is a phenomenal driver who regularly outperformed the equipment he was provided. He could reclaim his preternatural racecraft given the proper car. His critics always focus on his toxic selfish personality but many cognoscenti still agree he is one of the best drivers on the planet.

MalcQV, DF1, 375+ and 2 others like this.
  16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Fangio's Alfetta dominated GP after the war, and won F1 championships for Farina in 50 and Fangio in 51.
    There was no other car to touch it, and when Alfa Romeo withdrew from F1, it left the field empty and for the next 2 years, the WDC was run with F2 cars.

Fangio started 1954 driving a Maserati, but as soon as he got hold of the Mercedes, he ran away with the title, and repeated the next year.
    There was simply no car to match the Mercedes that was in a class of its own.

In 1956, Fangio drove the Ferrari-Lancia that was Superior to anything else.
    Enzo Ferrari was gifted by FIAT the whole Lancia team after the firm went bankrupt.
    The Ferrari-Lancia has several technical novelties unseen on other cars.

The Maserati 250F Fangio drove in his last year was maybe over the hill, but the car had been around for several years already and all its flaws ironed out.
    It was a solid dependable car that took Fangio to the title.
    The Ferrari team had a faster car, buy it saw Hawthorn and Collins splitting the points among themselves, thus missing the crown.

Fangio avoided bad cars. He refused a drive for Gordini, tested but declined the BRM V16, and turned down a seat at Vanwall.
    Even Fangio knew he couldn't perform miracles.

375+, kandi, ktu and 1 other person like this.
  17. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Thanks for verifying my above comment that every champion had the best car at some point.
    Also every champion does it their own way, Fangio won championships with the most teams, and won at 47. All in a car that makes Schumi car look automated. NO OTHER F1 driver acheived that.

william likes this.
  18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    And some champions such as Schumi had the second best car - two Bennetons remember, so I disprove the same argument I presume?

Please stop attacking Michael when trying to elevate Elton, it doesn’t work because he is ten times the driver Elton ever will be, and give Elton a bad car, even a slightly out of shape Mercedes, and he can’t make it work and wants to park it.

Please note, I’m not bullying you, this post is intended to explain a situation, but of course, you are under no obligation to feel in any way upset about it, and you should remember everyone has opinions, and it’s ok even if yours are wrong :)

19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yes, most WDC had the best car the year(s) they won their title(s), with very few exceptions.

20. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Although I would agree u can’t compare eras. U have ur idols and other generations will have theirs.
    No matter how u look at it ; results matter; Hamilton did lose to button and rosberg but he won more than most and he is the best of his generation. Results back him up. One can be a Ferrari fan and not like him that much but I appreciate his talents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DF1, Surfah, I'm 360 Canuck and 3 others like this.
  21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    You can't be fairer than that !!!

ATBNM3, ktu and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  22. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yes Schumi did it his own way as well, but unlike Hamilton and Senna, he never had a worthy champion team mate to beat. Hamilton's rookie year will always be remembered. But Shumi was and still is a great, I don't have to deny Schumi's greatness to make Hamilton look good, my confidence in Ham is real

23. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Hey! I'll bet Rossi has an escape clause in his new contract with Andretti that would release him if he gets an offer from an F1 team.

I'm not giving up on him!:D

24. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    #374 I'm 360 Canuck, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    I’m not sure the stars are better than the kids anymore. They seem to be learning all they need to know in 1 or 2 seasons.
    I wouldn’t trade 1 Max or Charles for a pile of Vettels, Raikonens, Alonso’s or Ricciardos.
    In fact, I’d say these kids are cooler and more resilient at overcoming adversity than the seniors.

25. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I think bringing back Alonzo would be a slap in Leclerc's face and totally unmotivated him. Lando however make a great young team mate for Charles. They can support each other and they can race each other and whoever wins, the other will be chomping on the bit for the next race. I think they might be team mates in the way that Peter Collins and Mike Hawthorn were.

If Seb can do well the rest of the season, good for him...but I don't see desire in his eyes. Its getting old for him and he's getting old for it. Lando and Charles are the way to go.

daytona355 likes this.