Mondial 8 Turbo Dyno charts | FerrariChat

Mondial 8 Turbo Dyno charts

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ATSAaron, Sep 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ATSAaron

ATSAaron Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2004
    Shady Shores, TX
    Full Name:
    Aaron Bunch
    #1 ATSAaron, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Last week we added a GTX35R turbocharger to my 1982 Mondial 8. This is a very basic Stage 1 kit that is using stock ignition and stock fuel. The next stage will be to add a piggyback ecu to retard timing, control boost, and an additional injector for more fuel.

So here are the before and after charts at 8psi of boost. Normally aspirated was 156whp (my dyno typically reads low and I know this would be 165whp on a newer Dynojet 224) and 239whp with 8psi of boost. This is actual horsepower at the wheels. If we assume the 156whp is the original 205 flywheel then my new 239whp is 314 horsepower at the flywheel.

For comparison I also attached my dyno versus a 328 and versus a 348.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

paulchua likes this.
  2. Mechanical Dad

Mechanical Dad Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    That's cool ! Do you have any pictures of the install ? Love to upgrade my 82 as well someday

paulchua likes this.
  3. ATSAaron

ATSAaron Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2004
    Shady Shores, TX
    Full Name:
    Aaron Bunch
    We went with a bottom mount turbo and use a VDO pump to move the oil back to the engine. The engine bay looks basically stock except for some couplers on top of the CIS air flow meter where we are blowing boost through it. Very little modification to the original car was necessary.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mechanical Dad and paulchua like this.
  4. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    VERY cool! Any videos of the dyno test? I'd love to hear how it sounds. No intercooler, correct?

paulchua likes this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Amazing! Keep up the good work my man!! Appreciate you sharing

6. ATSAaron

ATSAaron Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2004
    Shady Shores, TX
    Full Name:
    Aaron Bunch
  7. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Wow! Aaron, that sounds amazing. I can't wait to hear a road/drive report. I'd love to add 100 hp/tq to my 3.2. This seems like an easy way to get close to it.

Are there any reliability concerns on the stock motor with 8-10 lbs of boost?

2cam