How do you jack your Mondial up? | FerrariChat

How do you jack your Mondial up?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by cianfichi, Sep 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cianfichi

cianfichi Rookie

Oct 21, 2013
    Ready to run to Harbor Freight for some 6 ton jack stands and a low profile jack. How do you go about getting all 4 tires off the floor without the car slipping the hell off and into your garage wall? Is it safe to use our jack points with the jack stands?

2. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    It’s a big mystery. Still trying to figure it out myself. It’s so tail heavy it’s scary.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. swong46

swong46 Karting

Jun 24, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    I've cut a couple 2x4's to the width of the chassis and labeled it front or rear and hang it on the pegboard. It works great everytime. Jack from the center to lift the entire front or rear, distributes the load somewhat across the chassis.

4. Freerange72

Freerange72 Karting

May 22, 2017
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Donnie
    Il Steeg and Drewbdo like this.
  5. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    R u happy with that? Do you think you could get the engine out with it?

6. cianfichi

cianfichi Rookie

Oct 21, 2013
    swong46 I've been leaning towards using 2x8 lumber vs. jackstands. I like what freerange72 is using, but those quickjack look kind of slim, are they collapse-proof??

Really I just need to get her high enough to take off the wheels and wheel wells out.

7. Freerange72

Freerange72 Karting

May 22, 2017
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Donnie
    I strongly believe I can. I would need to lift it,Put jack stand in and add the extension that I bought for SUV's. I can comfortably work underneath the car or sit in the wheel well. Lifting also helps with working on inside of car as well. I know there are better solutions out there,but this worked for me.

8. Freerange72

Freerange72 Karting

May 22, 2017
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Donnie

I bought the 5000SXL which is 5000lb capacity rated. There is a locking bar at 2 different heights. They are heavier than they look.

Il Steeg likes this.
  9. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    I am really leaning towards the maxjax, but I worry about my concrete floor if it’s thick enough/strong enough? The quickjack would probably do most everything I need.

10. cianfichi

cianfichi Rookie

Oct 21, 2013
    Just looked that up ouch that’s $1400 I can put towards the next belt job. Need less cost solution.