812 Spider | Page 51 | FerrariChat

812 Spider

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MalibuGuy, Sep 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    First my apologies and thanks for the remark. When I mentioned in my post the buttresses on the rear of the Aperta what I meant were the buttresses in the rear of the Superamerica 2005. I wonder what went through my head when I wrote Aperta but was thinking Superamerica.. :D
    I'm aware there was never an official F12 spider render but I posted that unofficial one because the buttresses shown are already of the type "hunchback" as the ones showing the 812 GTS seven years later.

Garretto likes this.
  2. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Right , UK market soothsayers, if one were to buy one, put a 1000 miles on it (one good road trip) and then sell.....

Would one A) Make a quick profit B) break even C) loose ones arse?

The conundrums of speculation !

3. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level

Depends.... did u get one of the first 5 cars in the UK,... or the 100th.

4. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Wouldn't that depend entirely on when you get the car? Early allocation date -- profit. mid allocation date -- maybe break even. Late allocation date -- lose your ass.

It will just come down to supply/demand.

635CSI likes this.
  5. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    F12 Spider, without hunchback...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ryalex likes this.
  6. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yuck. Looks like a Corvette or something. Ferraris are all about lines. Without the hunchback, it loses a significant amount of lines/details and it becomes generic American sports car at best.

paulchua, maxemus and crinoid like this.
  7. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    I wouldn't bet on it. This is not a real limited and thus resale values will depreciate. Unless your the first one in the UK and will resell within a few months.

8. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I have heard from more than one reliable source that the production number will be around 1400 to 1500 so lets say roughly around half that of the coupe and about 200 units for the UK. I think there are about 70x F12TDFs in the UK, so there could be about 3 times more 812 GTS so certianly not limited in that sense but hardly big numbers.

Then consider that the only other modern convertible V12 NA Ferrari is the expensive Monza SP1/2 or the likely up and coming 812VS convertible which will surely be a £500k+ car.

Taking the above into account i see the 812GTS has a relatively safe buy. I think it will depreciate once fully supplied but i also think that many may consider it a keeper as it is likely last of the 'affordable' (tongue in cheek) convertible V12s.

It would however be nice to have the price confirmed. I'm hoping its GBP £300k base.

9. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Premium over the coupe has been confirmed in many regions. Expect it the be in the 30K GBP ball park.

The GTS should be a relative safe buy indeed as production numbers should be between 1200 - 1500 in total. From what we also hear here on FChat is that a lot of buyers plan on keeping the car. However that is also due to ferrari's future plans as they keep on releasing statements that they want to keep the V12 engine no matter what. Who knows what the successor of the 812 will be like... V12 hybrid seems more likely.
    Several users also thought that the F12 wouldn't depreciate that much as it was Pininfarina's last Ferrari design.... The market decided differently with F12 rapidly depreciating.
    And also are the any plans for a 812VS in coupe and convertible; it all matters to resale values.

10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    If Ferrari put no hunchbacks in that hypothetical F12 spider like you did, for safety reasons they would have to figure some kind of rollover hoops behind the seats.

F2003-GA likes this.
  11. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Come on dude, move to the left or right. Let us atleast see the car!

Ohanoune likes this.
  12. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Seems like you are on the money for production numbers around 1500. UK will have about 320 to 350 coupe and as you say 200 GTS. Both will hold up reasonably well when, (if?) Ferrari announce the new generation V12 . ( Hybrid for sure, maybe even Turbo who knows) . That will help steady the ship. Much like 458 is steady and improved, though not massive gains. I think most would be happy with a steady but slow depreciation, not the 70k out of the showroom stuff. In any case, these are still tiny production numbers and it is clear we are heading very shortly for a generational change in power unit . Thats reality and owning any 812 variant (V12 Ferrari) will be a privilege in years to come. Enjoy it while you can. The F12 is still a wondrous car, and will also be a vehicle to seek out and keep. No one can predict what Ferrari and say Lambo are planning with V12 engines, but it is a huge challenge for them to make them legal and relevant and in 10 years or less, personal estimate, these power trains will be no more . If you can afford it, buy one and drive it until it dies. We need a 100k miles Ferrari club , where people use these damn fine cars instead of stressing about resale vale. Look at it like your house, it has no real value if you plan to live in it, only your kids will benefit when you go under.

Ferrari should give a million to the first person to put 200 k miles on an 812.

Adamas, day355, JTSE30 and 8 others like this.
  13. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
  14. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The 812 GTS has a retractable hardtop and the SP2 hasn't one and because of that perhaps the 812 rear design had greater limitations. Below I post some pictures comparing the two cars rear sides and the SP2 buttresses remind me very much the ones of the 1953 Alfa Romeo 6C 3000 CM which I particularly like.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

day355 and Sims123 like this.
  15. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    It will be £400 OTR, for a beautiful spec in a special colour I think 250/300 trade in 2-3 years. Much less for a boggo RC and Nero, standard seats. More if you come out fast, but what is the point ?

812 market in UK ultra spec sensitive as you can get a new one in 12 months and folks won’t pay £300 for a spec they don’t like.

F2003-GA likes this.
  16. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Lots of people were going to “ keep “ the 812 coupe, hasn’t turned out that way in the UK. MASSIVE over hang in secondary market after just 15 months deliveries.

cesman likes this.
  17. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Great post but we find it hard - a house is a must have a Ferrari definitely not especially now with macro trends

18. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Great post but we find it hard - a house is a must have a Ferrari definitely not especially now with macro trends

gto85 and montpellier like this.
  19. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I'll be in that 100K club with my Lusso T I'm sure, but there again its a different beast from anything else in the range.
    Almost useful as well as fun.

Griffon83, Bundy and montpellier like this.
  20. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I am planning the same with my Lusso. Sod it , use it . We need to go back to the way people owned cars in the past, decades of ownership. Running costs may become a challenge with big miles, but let's find out. I have been guilty of the low miles car, for may reasons, but now want to take it to the opposite level.

21. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    When you see the 812GTS in the flesh, the buttresses have a strong resemblance with the SP2

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

22. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I think there will be a lot more cars than you think and 812SF orders will all but dry up so that production slack will be taken up by GTS.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11, day355, 635CSI and 3 others like this.
  23. ScuderiaDE

ScuderiaDE Rookie

Jun 7, 2010
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus Ballast
    Regarding the factory build sheet, the color option PNTM (= Maserati Paint) is noted, also the name "Grigio Alfieri".
    Since production started well before the first official announcements, the color was later renamed to the special color PNTN (Grigio GTS).
    So in fact it should be the same color :)

kandi likes this.
  24. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    The interesting part here is how/why you got to see the factory build sheet. Not public information as far as I'm aware. I would love to hear about it.