Forza Ferrari thread..... can we nominate new moderators to help? | FerrariChat

Forza Ferrari thread..... can we nominate new moderators to help?

Discussion in 'F1' started by daytona355, Sep 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    an interesting point was made recently....... how does someone become a moderator if they are interested. I seem to remember several years ago I think it was Andrew that mentioned they were looking for additional moderators, but can’t remember any process or such.

Assuming someone were interested in becoming a moderator, how does this work? Is there an application form, do you need to be proposed by someone etc etc?

I think in this section, it maybe might be a good thing to have more moderators to keep an eye on things?, as with time zones and a big workload, I guess it’s pretty hard for the existing mods to devote lots of time to resolving the underlying issues that create disharmony here. A moderator that actively reads the threads as they develop, maybe with only the F1 section on their workload, might be able to intervene sooner on issues, identify the true perpetrators rather than the reacting party that has lost the plot far along the line from ‘first contact’ etc.

Just a thought..... and then if it’s possible, who do we think would make a good moderator? I’d love the job, but I doubt I’d get any support for such a role from the existing team even though I’m totally qualified! :) :)

Make some suggestions, who would you respect enough to be a moderator, who do you feel might be a ‘safe pair of hands’ to help quieten the obvious discord in this part of the forum?

By the way, before anyone decides I’m trying to be funny or facicious, I am not trying to have a subtle go at any mods, I’m not trying to push the envelope, I am not bullying anyone, I just picked up on a few comments here and there, and it’s made me wonder about whether it could help to have an extra devoted f1 moderator or two to work on the issues that are so clearly here, and clearly so divisive that long term valued members get themselves banned for various reasons which I think could be avoided or certainly reduced.

Please be aware, this is not a thread for a bunfight, it’s marked Forza ferrari so that we can all have a sensible chat. If the right person were put in place, assuming people agree that my idea is a good one, it should not matter whose ‘side’ they might be on, and there will be some of us unlikely to get a vote, and others that could be inundated with votes.

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Mods must set a good example for all. Therefore, I nominate Sid and Peter. To be fair, I will also nominate william. :p

3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Oh yeh Pete n William that would be one to behold!:D

Nortonious and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  4. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    As an Admin, I brought some "outlaws" into the Mod fold. They towed the line once put in that position. Kind of like how Max had to spend an entire day with race stewards. lol

5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I would vote for Aircon and Moretti, heck they know how to handle things, the Aussie section gives them a vast experience :)

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I volunteer to Mod the Grid Girls thread ,cushy number where nobody argues about anything LOL:D

7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Lolo, best place in town!

8. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I would turn down the job ! I wouldn't fit in that role at all.
    I don't fancy myself as a referee and being in the crossfire.
    There are far too many argumentative people here who cannot suffer different opinions.
    It's not just tifosi against the rest. I have seen arguments about rules, FE, etc ...
    To be honest, I don't know how the mods can work in this atmosphere.
    Kudos to them !!!

9. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

“Wanna-be “ Mod post of the year!!! Close this now lol :):)

10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Jesus Christ. Really? I’m such a good boy, oh how could I ever, oh no

Bwah hahaha

Pot and kettles around here

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

11. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Actually mate I'd put you forward as a mod for F1
    I've never seen you lose it like Sid or me or the trolls and you are very informed :)

Izzy and Joe are good too

375+ and daytona355 like this.
  12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Agree on Izzy and Joe...

daytona355 likes this.
  13. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I’d like to see some Mods over in the for sale section who read them.

And have the ability to mark the adds “sold”

375+ likes this.
  14. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 agree