Rear view mirror | FerrariChat

Rear view mirror

Discussion in '308/328' started by Eric_Martinez, Sep 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eric_Martinez

Eric_Martinez Rookie

Jul 5, 2017
    Has anyone replaced the glass in there mirror? It has turned milky and it looks like the bezel holds it in. I can’t see any other way to take it apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, I have, the glass has a unique thickness or thinness, I was able the get, not exact but close enough thinness glass from my local glass/mirror shop, I had them cut me the mirrors using the original as a template. It’s on my car now and it works great, love the new mirror look

The top mirror is the original one and the two bottom are the new mirrors.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Eric_Martinez likes this.
  3. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Call T Rutlands. I'm sure they have a good used one.

4. jmaienza

jmaienza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 8, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Joe
  5. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    There are some Vitaloni rearview mirrors that looks very similar but when put next to each other, they are different length.
    Make sure that the one for the Alfa has the same length as the 308. Example: my Lancia Scorpion has the exact same look as the 308 but when I put them next to each other, the Lancia mirror is half inch longer.

6. Eric_Martinez

Eric_Martinez Rookie

Jul 5, 2017
    Did you just remove the bezel? Where on it are the clips? I don’t want to break it taking it apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miketuason likes this.
  7. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Eric, if you look at the first pic above, you will see the four slotted holes on the housing, that where the plastic frame is latches to. What I did to remove it is I place my thumb on the mirror inline with the slotted hole then place your index and middle finger under the frame and pull the frame off the housing towards you with your index and middle fingers. If you can do it with both of your hand for both side at the same time, the rest will come apart. To put it back, just place the glass and mirror in place and snap the frame back on to the slotted hole. You can do this without removing it from the base but be very careful not to put pressure on base as you don’t want to crack your windshield. If you can and if you know how to remove the whole mirror from the base, then you can take mirror apart on the bench. Hope this help.

8. mxstav@comcast.net

Nov 24, 2005
    Green Oaks, IL
    Full Name:
    Mark Stavropoulos
    Home Depot has sheets of glass of slightly greater thickness that work. I took my cracked original to a local auto glass installer and they cut my Home Depot sheet to size.