Official C8 Corvette picture thread | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Official C8 Corvette picture thread

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by atomicskiracer, Jul 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  2. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    Yeah, I'm right there with you. Seems like a lot of $ (relatively speaking) for only nominal additional roof off exposure coupled with more complexity and presumably higher weight compared to the stock targa.

3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    The black roof doesn't make the black boomerang on the side look so stuck-on now. An improvement!

4. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I agree, but there’s no denying that it’s a lot more convenient, especially for people that are going to daily drive the car.

thecarreaper and italiafan like this.
  5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I don't like fully open cars - I have motorcycles for that - so no convertible for me. The extra mechanical complexity and weight is no advantage either. The targa is perfect.

6. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    The reality, is that the C8.R without the wing and under tray should be the basemodel.

And also sacrificing body rigidity. Convertibles are for getting chicks to drop draws. I'd only go luxury for a convertible to double down on the effort.

boxerman likes this.
  7. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    Zeus bronze = old man tan

8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Well done Chevy!

9. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Gotta say, the vert looks pretty fugly.
    Like I said months ago the C8R works, and the latest pics confirm this.

10. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    I'm very much of the opposite opinion. Proof manufacturers like Chevrolet understand their potential customer base. The C8 convertible appeals more to me than the coupe...and I love the coupe. I was at its first public debut, and can't say enough good things about how it looks in person. That being said, I like the looks of the convertible, more. For whatever reason...maybe because they are reminiscent of my old 308, I LOVE flying buttresses! There is no logic behind my love for them, other than it looking cool to the 12 year old boy that still lives in my head. I think the lines are great on the convertible, and believe the auto-top will be hugely convenient to the lazy and looks/works awesome to others (I'm in both categories). I will buy the convertible in the next year or two. It's what I was hoping it would be.

CK7684, of2worlds, Coincid and 2 others like this.
  11. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    perhaps - but i had a brown carb Ferrari 308 in marrone dino and it was stunning in person. Really depends on the person i suppose. i dont like red or black cars much at all.

12. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    with the seat all the way back, seems that visibility is severely impacted when driver looks sideways.

13. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i like look of cornverible more than targa. the c pillar/window has a better angle to it. and the black flairs look great.

now with the hardtop convertible, its even more similar to McLaren 570 spider. vette much easier entry and exit without side sills, mac has extra 70 hp but vette is naturally aspirated. very close to even but at 1/3 cost. amazing.

14. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Still very impressed by this car. I think the convertible is well executed, though I wish the buttresses were behind the seats.

15. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    of2worlds and G. Pepper like this.
  16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Pretty good video of the Convertible --even the camera mirror and the headliner.

thecarreaper, SAT4RE and Dragster like this.
  17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    'Doesn't look like a Corvette,more like an Exotic' LOL

I think it's great.

18. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    I know he's not everyone's favorite, but Shmee was at the convertible's launch event, and really has put together a nice video reviewing the cars.

CK7684 likes this.
  19. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Shame Shmee. Auto correct keeps changing it to Shame!!! I could only take it for 3:07 :( I guess that is what a mute button is for.

G. Pepper likes this.
  20. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I wasn't a shmee fan at 1st but his relentless enthusiasm wore me down and I like him now. he does have some good insights on cars if you listen carefully. how does he afford his lifestyle of traveling world to look at and buy million dollar cars? does youtube pay multimillion dollar for videos?

Thecadster likes this.
  21. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    My understanding is that both he and JWW were born into means. Much jealously and hate in the YouTube comments section, which for my part, I have never understood. It’s most respects it’s hardly different than being born as a musical savant or freak athlete. But I digress....

of2worlds likes this.
  22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    He's too annoying and for all the money he makes, you think he could afford an actual photographer instead of those amateurish selfies.

G. Pepper likes this.
  23. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I just can't watch him. Learned that the second vid.

24. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
    I find it kind of amazing that on a Ferrari forum people think that $7,500 is a lot of money when electric seats, standard on almost every car is a $7,500 option. A piece of carbon fiber under the door is $8,000...Yet people will tick this box in a heartbeat without a second thought. Guess that's why the average profit on an F Car is $80,000....Just a thought...

k wright likes this.
  25. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Kinda apples and oranges. The car costs less than 60k and has a targa. $7500 is over 10% more just to have the roof put down on its own.