Turn signal lens hood fitment | FerrariChat

Turn signal lens hood fitment

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by mexicruiser, Oct 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mexicruiser

mexicruiser Karting

Aug 28, 2012
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I got new turn signal lenses for my BBi, a pair as I was adviced to avoid different color tone, and the new lenses are too big to fit over the housing and do not fit into the hood opening. Am I missing some info on year model differences or are these ill fitting repros? Has anybody had this issue? The pic shows how the sealing edge of the lens misses the channel on the housing, and the part of the lens that should fit thru the hood opening is 2mm bigger than the ones that do fit the car (bright orange on the pictures).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    As far as I know there are no differences in models. Although these lenses are aftermarket, without the original light holder box, they should fit, are are they really really cheap one?

I have a set of genuine white indicator lights available. All original, ready to fit. See pics.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    What models featured clear lenses? I’ve never seen that before on a BB

4. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    It is not uncommon that these lenses needs adjustment. You can carefully grind away and form the plastic edge with a hand file and polish the surface back to full glory. Not a task for the faint hearten but perfectly feasible. The BBi is mostly made by hand, so most chassis parts are adjusted individually to a specific car.

Best

Peter

5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I only have seen the french models with white lenses and also some swiss cars ( not sure if original swiss version ? )

6. mexicruiser

mexicruiser Karting

Aug 28, 2012
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I also can’t get the lens frame to fit into the base channel either, it is off by 2 or 3 mm and this I can’t fix by grinding. I’m ordering a nos complete assembly (ouch). I now have a new pair of lenses but I dare not sell on ebay because I don’t know if they are junk or if my car is different than others.