2019 Indy Car | Page 27 | FerrariChat

2019 Indy Car

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by BartonWorkman, Mar 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Why does it need one?
    'Been watching this thread and wondering all along....where's the warmer, humid air, hitting a cooler "windscreen" supposed to come from in the open cockpit Dallaras?
    'Back when the radiators and vents there in open wheelers in front of it, I undersand; that warmer air circulated into the cockpit and could accumulate on the screen as condensation; as in your car when cool/cold out side 'til you turn on the defroster.
    'Sports cars (closed cockpit), stock cars, of course.
    Not the case in open wheelers these days.....the windscreen is the same temp as the humid air on the inside (ambient) adjacent to it, unlike the above.

2. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    I'm not gonna think about the science of it....all I'm quite certain of is that ambient conditions can vary quite widely, and quickly on a road course. Think about Road America, where Canada Corner is low, can be shaded vs. start/finish where sun and wind are more likely; the microclimate can vary widely.
    Any chance your FL orientation is causing you to minimize weather variability?

3. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Will cup holders, cell phones and entertainment centers be offered in the Indy Car options list? I do realize that the 10 year/100,00 mile bumper to bumper warranty will not be offered presently. :p

rdefabri and Nortonious like this.
  4. Without doing so, one is just grabbing ideas out of the air (pun intended, like a cool windshield "grabbing" moisture, causing the fogging...)).
    One must "think of the science of it" to make a reasoned opine, as in how condensation would accumulate on the the screen. It forms from warmer, humid air touching cooler plexiglass (or whatever). Without the temp difference, it doesn't happen. The rapid movement of the air in the open cockpit also lessens the chance of condensation. (as in your moving car accumulating condensation on the inside, not the outside)
    Any who, I'd prefer to see just the halo anyway, as the point of open cockpit cars is to be able to see the drivers which is hindered by the screen. A roof next? :)

5. #655 lorenzobandini, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Tht
    Thtop iiiiiiitt.....I'll thcracth your eyeth out.... Image Unavailable, Please Login

edit: Almost serious....... Why not? A/C is "standard" equipment on closed WECers... ;)

6. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
  7. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    The car looks pretty cool from this angle.

8. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    I didn't have to think about it because Indycar did.... :) Yes, they're a bunch of dimwits, but they musta thought a demister was needed.

9. A link to the "demister", please..... 'T'would be the latest "tech" in IndyCar to read about in a while.... :)

10. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
  11. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Marcus Ericsson has signed with CGR and will field a third car for the team.

12. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer

Who is bringing the coin?

13. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    It must be either a sponsor or he is because his season wasn't all that impressive.

14. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    he did OK relative to his teammate. then again, I think Hinch is wildly overrated. so.....

lorenzobandini likes this.
  15. 'Don't get it. The funding has to be there way before the season even starts.
    What's the team's performance got to do with their budget? (for future contracts yes; not the present) :confused:

16. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Two Swedish drivers? Maybe Chip is getting sponsorship from Stockholm.

17. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer

Swedish Bikini Team? :p

18. Hey T(Trans?)p.....fantasizing? I didn't know you "drifted" that way.... Not that there's anything wrong with that!.... Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. BTW, thpeaking of it....Fantathy Fethtiful ith here in the Key Wetht! C'mon down!!! :D

20. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
  21. Goodness gracious.....I guess...... :eek:

Yabba dabba dooo......what I'd like to do to you..... :rolleyes:

A different one each weeknight; 'menage a six on weekends..... :D

22. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  23. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Scott Dixon will be making an appearance at the Bar Harbour Shops Collector's Weekend
    event in Miami November 2.

Will be asking him about the windscreen among other things.

BHW

24. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Hinchcliffe let go by Arrow McLaren SP.

big big PR problem for Indycar.