StartedFromTheBottom - A Warning to Others | Page 7 | FerrariChat

StartedFromTheBottom - A Warning to Others

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Jasonberkeley, Oct 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    What was interesting is that the mods really bent over backwards to give Carlo a chance. They gave both Jason and Carlo full opportunity to speak their piece. They put Jason through his paces of having to make out his case as the aggrieved party, which is fair.

But at the end of the day it all didn’t matter. Carlo essentially sank his own battleship. The problem is he was too stupid (or arrogant) to realize what he was doing (though it was so painfully obvious to all onlookers, some who even tried to coach him). A pure train wreck.

Ultimately we are all better that Carlo is gone. Thanks to Smiles for wisely pulling the plug after the truth became obvious (though it is fun to watch train wrecks as long as it isn’t your Caboose that is getting crushed).

On a personal note, Jason sorry for you but we have all been there and fortunately it won’t be life changing for you. I know at the outset you realized this wasn’t going to get your money back and it just allowed you to vent and feel better. I would have done exactly the same thing. Good job!

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    If i were Jason, if i get nothing from Peter in next week or so, i would drag Ferrari Spares whatever into this too. As it seems Carlo is very close to them ,even related.

Internet is very powerful,and then there is always the phone call to his sponsor/employer in Melbourne to turn to.

AshAP, daytona355 and etip like this.
  3. Codie

Codie Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 30, 2019
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Codie H
    I would like to share my experience with Carlo @StartedFromTheBottom “ HAPPY CUSTOMER”

Shipment to arrived 10/16/19

I contacted Carlo on a previous listing for Carbon Seats for my 458 spider a few weeks back and we agreed on a price plus he gave me some extra parts that I needed.

I knew this was going to be semi risky sending money out of country and it was my first time. I called Paypal to assist with transaction and the dumb A*% I am I send the money friends and family as another member in here stated.

I freaked out, called Paypal to be told nothing they can do but call the person I had sent the money to.

Well I didn’t want to do that as it was my mistake so I decided to hold out and trust that Carlo was a good person.

During the few weeks waiting for my shipping info and his father to build a box for my seats and interior I was a nervous wreck. Carlo made me feel comfortable and always replied to my text messages and PHONE CALLS.

I received my shipping info last week and the box arrived.

Thank god!

I opened the box and found exactly what I paid for and couldn’t be more happy!!!

Carlo, @StartedFromTheBottom

Thank you for your help and communication throughout the waiting period and delivery of my parts shipped half way across the planet.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

***********Please note to new buyers**********

You have no reason to be concerned about doing Buisness with Carlo! He is a standup guy and if your reading this Thread I encourage you to make your own choice and not allow a bad deal turn you away.

Two sides to every story!

I will say this....

I will continue doing Buisness with Carlo and highly recommend!

Carlo never asked me to post a positive review!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

dodici and daytona355 like this.
  4. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Nope. Doesn't change a thing. This has been covered ad nauseam. Your anecdotal case of a transaction whereby everything went smoothly does not alter the fact that Carlo admits to not having time to deal with issues that may arise in an imperfect transaction.

Its as if an anecdotal story given by a politician about a person or small group of people should somehow be used to direct general policy.

Same here. Buyer continue to beware.

Kevin

5. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Codie, I am happy it worked out for you. But frankly your opinion doesn’t matter and neither does Jason’s.

All you have to do is read Carlo’s own words as posted in this thread. IMHO in his own words he has shown he is a jerk not to be trusted. Don’t need anybody to vouch for him, pro or con.

anunakki, GatorFL, Ducman491 and 5 others like this.
  6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Glad to hear a positive post like this, I’m sure this is the norm, it’s just a shame he allowed this one to go so far unresolved and pushed to the limit.

Like the bike in the background, and that’s a cool looking garage pal.... awesome

Codie likes this.
  7. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    #157 Jasonberkeley, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    I had a number of good transactions as well. However, as per his own words, if he doesnt have time to deal with issues if and when they come up, his attitude is pretty much to hell with you, and ill keep your money.

8. Codie

Codie Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 30, 2019
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Codie H

Not sure if I should take offense or try to translate your English?

I get the basses of your poor attempt to make a point.

However, a much strong point is to make a statement with less justification and not giving an example.

Much better this way to not give your opinion a question!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Uhhhh. What? I truly have no idea what you are saying.

Here goes. Your isolated example of a positive transaction with this individual does not change the fact that based on his behavior in this case (in which all did not go according to plan), one should be wary about transacting with him in the future.

Kevin

10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Glad you said it.... I was struggling too, thought it was just me and almost stopped drinking! :)

Dane, RonH and kes7u like this.
  11. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    I agree. I am surprised that Carlo was so thick headed about this. You solve something like this on a public stage and become a sponsor of Fchat.....it's a home run and everyone wins. Act like a toad.....well ......you deserve to be marked as such.....for the rest of your life and beyond.

daytona355 likes this.
  12. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Damit! I saw it last night and did stop drinking! Now I will have to catch up!o_O

daytona355 likes this.
  13. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    I thought it was funny that his first sentence references a need for translation, and then........ :D

daytona355 likes this.
  14. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    The irony....

daytona355 likes this.