206sp | FerrariChat

206sp

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by Gollyg, Oct 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gollyg

Gollyg Rookie

Oct 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Chris gilbert
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I’m after a Ferrari Tipo 537 gearbox as the last piece of the puzzle for a 206sp recreation project The car was built by the Fantuzzi coach works and I bought blind, expecting it have a Ferrari gearbox but regrettably
    It didn’t!
    Any suggestions?

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Sorry, can't help, but that is a beautiful car. More pictures, please!

3. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    What makes you think the Tipo 537 gearbox would be appropriate for what you have?

I am not, in any way, trying to sound snarky, but you might need something different.

Please share more info about your car and we can all chime in and help far better.

Shawn

4. chrisgil

chrisgil Rookie

Sep 30, 2009
    west sussex
    Full Name:
    chris gilbert
    Hi Shawn, My car is a recreation built by Fantuzzi guys in Italy I think in the 1980's. The documentation is a bit flakey, serves me right for allowing my heart to rule common sense when I bought the car! I have spent 4 years rebuilding to get the car exactly correct so I can get FIA papers to take it historic racing. At the moment I have used a Hewland FT200 gearbox from period albeit not used in a 206 in period. Even though Ferrari rebuilt a 206 using the Hewland in 1980's and was used in Historic events in that decade FIA are being difficult in accepting this format. So I am just looking to see if I can obtain a correct gearbox which I thought was Tipo 537.
    A few photos of stripped out car attached
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

synchro and dgt like this.
  5. chrisgil

chrisgil Rookie

Sep 30, 2009
    west sussex
    Full Name:
    chris gilbert
  6. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Ferrari Classiche subcontracts out their casting, block and trans. work to Modena Motori (https://www.modenamotori.it/).

I have sent proprietor Luca Amadei a link to this in hopes he responds. If anyone could fabricate it to correct specs, then it is Luca

7. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Luca responded to me "It’s possible....needs time !"

8. Deemeyere Wim

Deemeyere Wim Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2019
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Wim Demeyere
    The first pictures are on the Chantilly Concours in France.
    The last pictures is from the private collection of Stieger.

synchro likes this.
  9. chrisgil

chrisgil Rookie

Sep 30, 2009
    west sussex
    Full Name:
    chris gilbert
    Thanks for Modena motori contact, I have made contact

10. ryan hodges

ryan hodges Rookie

May 16, 2020
    wiltshire
    Full Name:
    ryan hodges
    Hi,
    Did you ever get a gearbox for your 206, im going down the same route, but finding it impossible, new cases from the factory £42,000 plus vat, any leads greatly appreciated,
    yours Ryan

11. Gollyg

Gollyg Rookie

Oct 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Chris gilbert
    Hi Ryan,
    Where about are you, UK or overseas?
    I have drawn a complete blank, even Maranello have tried Ferrari factory and told not possible. Would be interested in talking to see how you're getting on. Cheers

12. ryan hodges

ryan hodges Rookie

May 16, 2020
    wiltshire
    Full Name:
    ryan hodges
    Hi
    I live in wiltshire, Im making a replica of the 166/206P 1965 hillclimb car, whichwas modified and re-bodied as a 206SP chassis 0838, i have finished the chassis, and need to make the aluminium body, i am using aluminium dunlop calipers, I have a 1964 hewland HD gearbox which I intended to use but as i need HTP papers that won't work, new factory casings £42,000 plus VAT I have had real problems getting papers for my lola t70 spider I am going to make patterns to get the 5 spoke wheel centres cast I have alot of parts including a correct rev counter, look forward to talking to you further, [email protected]
    Yours ryan