Alfa Romeo 4c who has one? | Page 26 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo 4c who has one?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by ferrari#7, Jul 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Will come back later, have to run out shortly. I have a couple of diff sources if I can find them. Have not really looked into it much as I still have time.

2. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I get emails from Mopar Direct weekly at least. Have never followed up, but I believe they are a large FCA dealer that really sells a lot of these plans. Anyone follows up on the below link please post your findings.

https://t.e2ma.net/message/8kknz/0e6d3t

5yr, 100,000 mile bumper to bumper plan with all the perks & 4 oil changes, plus trailer towing, starting at $1,799.00 (cash price) Perfect for Ram trucks & other makes
    5yr, unlimited mileage Max Care Plan starting at $1,999.00 (cash price)

6yr, unlimited mileage Max Care Plan starting at $2,299.00 (cash price)

7yr, unlimited mileage Max Care Plan starting at $2,499.00 (cash price

Mopar Customer Appreciation Plan 7yr / 75,000 miles (PLUS OIL CHANGES) starting at
    $1,599.00 (cash price)
    Our Most popular plan is a 2 year upgrade that turns your 3/36 into a 5yr, 66,000 mile bumper to bumper extension. Starting at $1,099.00 (cash price)

*RESTRICTIONS APPLY * CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION

ABOUT US
    We offer genuine factory backed Mopar Service Contracts
    at deeply discounted internet only pricing. Mopar® Vehicle Protection is the only
    extended protection backed by FCA US LL

CALL US TODAY
    1-888-306-6545

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  3. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Another LE on BaT. 6600 miles. Will provide another price reference point. No affiliation etc.

4. bcorner

bcorner Karting

Aug 25, 2017
    I’d contest the radios it’s in the top 10 best radios for 2018. Now the speakers not so much. Only fronts. Two midrange and two tweeters. No amp. So no bass. But who wants to listen to Rachmaninov when you have that beautiful instrument behind you.

I drive mine often. Not as much as some, more than most. Have had it approximate two years and 15k miles.

On my third set of rear tires. Second on the front.
    One oil change. They made me pay for it because it was early. ( of course they should have said something).
    Probably avg 2-3 days a week except for December/January it was in the 30s and raining almost all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Robb and Makuono like this.
  5. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well I can finally check off on the bucket list that I drove an Alfa Romeo. I got to drive a 4c over the weekend and it was something else. I have always had a thing for these cars and have always wanted to drive a 4c. I was left feeling like a giddy school girl.
    The car had some mods done do it- exhaust, stage 2 chip, and steering bushings. The suspension creaked and groaned, the turbo charger made all kinds of whistles and guttural noises. With the advent of fake engine noises and numb electric steering I am glad someone is still making something like this and I am delighted it is Alfa Romeo. A massive thank you to the owner who was a pure gentleman and let me have a go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

crinoid, Makuono, galt and 2 others like this.
  6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The 4c is probably the last truly honest car. We haven't seen this since the 80's. What I mean by 'honest" is that it doesn't apologize for what it is or cover something up for the mass market.

Its what 2 seat sports cars used to be before they became "GT's"

7. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    Agreed with this. New "sports cars" look huge to me, and aren't nearly single purpose as is the 4C (perhaps the Elise/Exige, but they're not available in the US except as used cars). Most new sports cars are really GT cars.

Not sure if I would've ordered a 4C as such, but I wish there had been options to delete the A/C, radio, and have manual windows. A 6 spd manual option would've been nice as well, though this topic has been beaten to death.

8. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Sadly, it's not that the car is "criminally underrated", it's just the nature of today's buying public. Any car person will sing it's praises...but... Folks talk a big game on the internet...."light weight, visceral, etc..." but when it comes time to BUY a car....well, all one needs to do is look at the sales.
    It is too bad. A friend has a 4C and it is a hoot to drive. And honestly, I would never buy one.

galt likes this.
  9. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That's right. Cars now are so multi-purpose and so refined that they excel so much they are boring.

PureMichigan and galt like this.
  10. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    For many great cars, it is actually their so called "flaws"--from an engineering perspective--that actually give them their unique character and contribute heavily to them being spectacular to drive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

11. PureMichigan

PureMichigan Rookie

Jun 23, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    David
    I have one along with a few other toys and it is absolutely a blast. Agree with some of the other posts - it is a car enthusiast's car and has a lot of compromises. Those compromises make it a more enjoyable event to drive. It is also a beauty, especially in coupe form and especially in person. The Launch Edition is the one to get for the enthusiast (though cannot go wrong with the others either). Just an amazing car.

PaulK, Michael Call and galt like this.
  12. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    I still miss mine and may actually switch the Ferrari for it. While the Ferrari is more of an event the Alfa is just plain fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

galt likes this.
  13. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    The ironic thing about the 4C is that those that have driven one usually love it but for the rest its a case of "the press says its rubbish so it must be rubbish". In fact I have a friend who reckons a Ferrari 308 is a better drivers car than a 4C....

Boomhauer likes this.
  14. bcorner

bcorner Karting

Aug 25, 2017
    The thing that sold me was the negative press. Everything they said was a negative was to me what I wanted out of a sports car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

riccardone, classic308, ace37 and 2 others like this.
  15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Its a modern take on a classic car so a lot of the press and public really have no concept what that means. The things they love about classic cars they reject in a modern car.

For me, I don't care. Its fun to drive and doesn't cost a fortune so I don't mind driving it. Could it be improved? Absolutely. Is it unique in today's market? Without question.

The question is do you want this kind of uniqueness or not.

Michael Call and bcorner like this.
  16. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I have about 5,500 miles on my car now and have owned it for 2 1/2 years since new. Still delights. Still puts a smile on my face. Every time.

It is not perfect, particularly here in Illinois where many of the roads are of "third world" quality. I think when it is out of warranty (18 months), I'll upgrade the shocks. If it was equipped with adjustable Nitron's/Ohlin's or similar, it would make a world of difference in making a more compliant car.

Anyone been down the path?

17. OzoneNorth

OzoneNorth Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    Try 4c-forums, lots of good info over there!

18. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I am looking for another one right now but it will be a spider this time. With the top off which mine will be like all the time, the car is easier to get in and out of. I am pulling the engine and I have a line on an Evora 400 engine that I think might just fit, but I am still waiting on some final measurements. I will also change the suspension, so I am looking for one without the track pack and with the 18/17" wheel package, the car is not that good with the larger wheels, don't know why they even offered them. I am in no rush since I have other things going on as well, but as I have said before it is a better car that a 360 or a 430 and when I am done with it, it will be even better.

19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I passed 10k a few months ago but most of my mileage actually was longer trips with it. Maybe half. I put a deposit down for a C8 corvette but I'm keeping the Alfa. Its the last honest sportscar.

The C8 will be my daily but the Alfa will still be my little joy ride.

20. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Cool. Look forward to hearing your impressions

21. ferrari#7

ferrari#7 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2008
    Is the 4C being built for model year 2020? Are the extended warranties still available. Thanks all.

22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Cars.com has like 15 new spiders available. I don't think any more are coming to the US.

As to extended warranties, it depends on the dealer. I've heard of some but no one in my dealership reached out to me about it. Not sure how much they are.

One thing I can say is this car is pretty darn reliable. Maybe its because its so simple.

23. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    My local dealer has a few new spiders and is offering about $20k off list

24. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Make sure it's not one of the Texas cars from the dealer that went bankrupt. They sat in the sun for awhile.

25. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Having a look at a 4C again, the choice is very low mileage launch edition or a brand new coupe with Akra exhaust.

I would assume like most things Alfa, the later cars perhaps have a few less "quirks".