1/18 news | Page 50 | FerrariChat

1/18 news

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by furoni, Jan 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Well, no shortage of classic Ferraris...the Lusso looks very tasty! love the colour!

6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  7. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    The Lusso does look quite nice. Don't know what's happened to the B3 though. It looks like someone has squashed it at both ends so it has ended up shorter and fatter than it should be.

8. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    I'd be really interested to hear the experts on this one.

9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Could be me but i don't think it looks bad, the real car is very "chunky" as well and looks fat...the car had a very short wheelbase and with that super high air intake looks very "clumbsy"

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Judging only from two photos it does look to be too short, end plates on wings are not correct shapes/sizes, and various other little details look questionable, But....I have not looked any further. Maybe it's wrong, maybe it's not, or maybe just off a bit. Though since it IS a Tecnomodel piece, I would bet that it's wrong.

11. jmnov

jmnov Karting

Mar 15, 2009
    Lausanne
  12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Not Looksmart but GP replicas, but yes, they do look better!

13. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Most Tecnomodel pieces do look like toys, some very bad. Only once in a great while do they make a really very good model, which almost seems to be by accident.

14. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Yes. Now I'm sorry I jumped on the Tecnomodel. Still, the negative remarks about Tecno are a bit off-putting. Don't think it's necessary to act as if they've never made a good looking model.

15. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    I've bought, sold, and reviewed very many Tecno pieces, and have seen countless problems with them. Don't see any reason to be PC with them or any company making "luxury goods - collectibles." They just are not a particularly good model manufacturer, though they have made some good models, but those are definitely in the minority. Manufacturers, artists, and performers in many industries receive good and bad ratings, comments & reviews. I'd rather be honest than skirt the facts.

I really like many of the cars that Tecnomodel chose to model, but unfortunately what they have delivered in most cases has been very poor in many areas.

16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Some details are better on the Tecno, like the with stripe with the Ferrari logo on the Chimenee air intake, it's too narrow on the Gp replica but looks correct on the tecno. But the radiators look much more realistic on the Gp model.The brake ducts do look a bit strange to me in that transparent material!

17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    :)lolo, that was nasty!
    They have released so many crap that i hope i get lucky with my 64 gto that i have on oerder ;)

18. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Its too bad that we can't cut and paste from certain models... right!

Lusso123 likes this.
  19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Right, i would have done so many frankensteins between BBR ans looksmart!

Lusso123 likes this.
  20. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

Pedro, I do hope you get lucky with their '64 GTO, which is one of my all time favorite comp. cars, but I'm waiting to see pics of actual production models. Their "retouched" photos show incorrect body shaping from front to rear.

rysc97 likes this.
  21. rysc97

rysc97 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
    Same for me Marshall, I wait first for pics of the real modelcar before I order.

22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Thing is, after CMR released the car, and now Tecnomodel, i doubt anyone else will make it, so i will take my chances because i "need" it in my collection!
    Also, sometimes it's risky to wait for the model to come out, because they are very limited and if you don't order it might be difficult to get, or you will get it at a higher price.

23. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Yes I do understand.... I'll only order if it is really good. I do have the big 1:12 MFH kit to build, which really suits what I collect, but I would still like a good 1:18 of the Series II GTO if......

24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Like them both, i want the f40 but will wait for the Looksmart that will be equivalent and a lot cheaper...