For Sale - 2014 F12 Berlinetta Rosso tan interior | FerrariChat

For Sale 2014 F12 Berlinetta Rosso tan interior

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Alcav5, Nov 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Hi I would like to get this this thread started because I am running out of time.

I do not have my car back from the repair shop I expect it by the end of this week.

I bought this pre-owned car from Miller Motors in CT last year I put only a few miles on it until in June when I was hit in the rear in Montreal. I was stationary and a 612 hit me in the bumper , I have all docs & a video of the hit.

I thought I would have had more time to sell the car , I didn't realize how long parts were going to take and just being placed in the queue it is now 4 months later. My issue is I have an 812 coming to the dealer this week and I have no room for both. So I am going to try to sell it fast privately or just trade it in.

The car has less than 8,000 miles, it was highly optioned.
    Rossa Berlinetta, tan interior, racing seats, hi fi, carbon dash, leds , rear camera. No front camera, no lifter.

I can't post pics right now because all of my info is in the office, I will post what I can tomorrow.

You can look at the repair thread
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/bradan-f12-body-repair.607342

If you have watched Bradan's threads his repairs are meticulous and correct. He has done work for my cars for years.

I am not sure what trade in will be if I decide to go that route but right now I think I am going to list it as a private sale for $200,000 or slightly under. Of course I'm open to offers but in the end wholesale with tax credit will set my bar.

I'm going to place an ad in Autotrader too.

I will post pics and more info tomorrow and as the week progresses.

Al

2. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Looking forward to seeing pictures of the whole car. Based on the threads I’ve seen, Braden does beautiful work. Also, super curious about the trade-in quote. GLWS.

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It will price in the 160k range with the damage history. I am getting quotes on clean low mileage 14s around 180k but looking for a 15' or 16'. Good luck trying to sell it for as much as you can though.

duckymex likes this.
  4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    This. Maybe less.

duckymex and Simon^2 like this.
  5. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Well since it’s already been mentioned a couple times...

I just got a trade quote (not a Ferrari) for $40K less than I sold the car for in the same week. It was from a well known exotic dealer. Only anecdotal, but I think it shows where dealers think the market is going.

ScottS and FerrariTexas like this.
  6. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Was the accident reported to insurance? Will it be on Carfax/autocheck?

BOKE likes this.
  7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Just FYI. insurance doesn't report. Dealers will, emergency responders and some service shops.

8. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My questions were separate. I wanted to know if it was reported to insurance to understand who paid since Bradan (expensive and excellent) did the work.

Separately I wanted to know if the damage was reported to one of those agencies (police report, repair shop, tow, etc).

Sorry for the confusion.

BOKE and Gh21631 like this.
  9. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Yes it was reported to insurance, have police report too. I don't know if it will show up on carfax. I also heard they don't report bumper accidents. Whatever it is it is.

I will post pics & video when I can.

I have a feeling I'm going to be asking $190 to start. Sad thing for me is there's no reason for a significant haircut other than perception. I didn't even get to drive it for more than 2 months.

10. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    See if your insurance pays for decreased value because of the reported incident not just repairs.

Now the car has "a story".

11. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Based on my experience, the likelihood it’s not reported on Carfax is slim to none.

And perception is reality, the market doesn’t care that you only got to drive the car two months. Maybe harsh, but the way it is.

pchop likes this.
  12. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Definitely ask for diminished value from the hotel's insurance company. You will need a report from a certified auto appraiser showing what that is. Don't ask me how I know

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

13. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    how about some photos .

14. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    My apologies, I was tied up today.
    I will try tomorrow.

15. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Absolutely gorgeous combo. Love the seats.

16. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    wow nice spec

17. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    Wow nice photos

18. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D
    Curious how much was the cost of repair or insurance payout?

19. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    No pay out info until finished , I'd rather wait until after I get it back to see.

20. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Great looking car. Definitely look at pursuing a diminished value claim because it is going to be bad. F12 market is weak, and getting weaker... and history, no matter how perfectly its repaired is going to hurt.

That said,... for the right price this car is an amazing opportunity for the right buyer. Buy it right, and drive it to 120K miles. It's basically a showroom new car.

21. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    DV is started, but hit happened in Montreal, reciprocity is not guaranteed. Yea no shortage of hearing how the hit affects value. Whatever, nothing more I can do about it that I'm not doing. I have documentation that the hit didn't affect the body or structural. I was just parked sitting there. I know I'm selling the car at a discount and I'm prepared for that.
    The real crappy thing is it's ruined my excitement for the 812 I have coming in.

22. mnawa1

mnawa1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2016
    What is the best way to reach you? Please call me at (925) 785-2832.

23. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    It sucks but don't let it ruin your new car excitement. Stories are stories no matter how well they're fixed, it sucks but it happens. Congrats on the new car though!!