Elton is becoming the new Alonso...in terms of BS i mean ! | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Elton is becoming the new Alonso...in terms of BS i mean !

Discussion in 'F1' started by furoni, Oct 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Ok, so I can say Redbull only started winning when Vettel arrived. There have been so many discussion that Vettel's success was because of Adrian Newey. He timed it right, I would say the same for LH. Mercedes was already trending upwards of becoming a top team, plus the new engine rule would benefit them more so(they pushed hard on the rules). Lewis was smart and jumped ship to join Mercedes at the right time. I would say his wins in 2013 came from the 3 years of development from Brawn and MS. By the way Mercedes was well integrated in McLaren, expanded their relationship in designing and building their own road production car(Not like McLaren F1 and BMW).

375+ and Bas like this.
  2. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Had Merc been trying very hard to win every year during that time? :rolleyes:

Patrick Dixon and furoni like this.
  3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Typical group 44 reasoning :)...but i guess most of them never saw a race before Elton arrived, so we can excuse them for saying such things....

Nortonious, Jakuzzi and stavura like this.
  4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It's really difficult to fathom out your insistence in saying that McLaren and Mercedes were the same team.
    There are enough sources for you to check that it's plainly not true.

5. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    There are some people on this forum who could have been watching F1 before you were even born !

6. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Whats difficult? I am stating that Mclaren and Mercedes were more then just engine supplier. Who else were they supporting before they split from McLaren? They had been with them for 20 years, had ownership an offer to buyout and expanded the relationship beyond Motorsports. Can you send me resources or link where it's not true?

7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Don't bother, everyone knows that Mclaren and Merc had a very close relationship, Look at the mercedes SLR built by Mclaren!
    But of course, as i said most of group 44 doesn't even know what this sport is about, heck, they think it started when elton showed up!

Nortonious and Jakuzzi like this.
  8. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
  9. #259 lorenzobandini, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    Besides McLaren; themselves, Braun, Force India, and Williams.
    Earlier on, nearly every team had individual suppliers, so maybe the door wasn't open to supply anyone else. Also, perhaps Mercedes didn't wish to have the bad publicity of a lesser team than McLaren's results on their resume?
    Just food for thought rather than the view through blood red glasses. :)

william likes this.
  10. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    He's now a 6 time world champion....

The arguments are like John Wooden discussions..."well, it was easier then"...."well, he had the best players"....blah blah. He won a bunch of National titles and HOF guys (Dean Smith, etc coaching in the same era) didn't. At some point is it so painful just to say "Great job"?

Mark(study), Terra, vinuneuro and 3 others like this.
  11. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Hamilton will retire with Merc (McLaren included if Merc supplies their engines as rumored)

12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It makes sense.

13. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    YES ;) When ........................ :)