HELE | FerrariChat

HELE

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by ScottS, Nov 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Looking at a Lusso with HELE.

Is this able to be turned off? Or must it be switched off each time I drive like my wife's Audi?

Thoughts on this mode? Does it really impact the ride experience?

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    It must be switched off every time. They put the button next to the door lock/ unlock button on the headliner near the dome lights. You can easily turn it off. I've never spent much time with the start/ stop mode working but the few times I've forgotten to turn it off, I thought it was pretty smooth as far as start/ stop systems go.

I would whole heartedly recommend the Lusso though. It's a really wonderful car!

deltona likes this.
  3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    On the 812 you press the button at the start of the journey and even if you get fuel, you don't have to press it again, so it must be on a timer .
    The 812 one is not great when cold, if i forget to press the button at the start, as I am coming to the first junction it cuts out before i have even stopped, then it realizes this and starts the car again, and if you are at the junction for more than a few seconds it stops the car again.
    This is very unnerving to have the car moving and the engine not running, once you have done a few miles it works well and does not do this!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Thank you. It is not clear whether the early cars had it but. The later ones cannot be found without it. My dealer has found a spec that I like. I suppose I need to sell my FF now.

I’ve enjoyed my FF but it’s time as I am about to use my DD for more miles.

ScottS

5. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Just be aware they took the Lusso in more of a GT/ luxury car direction- though its hardly a real luxo cruiser like a Bentley. However, some FF guys I know think its just too GT/ softer. I love it just for that, because it doesn't beat me up in comfort mode and in sport mode its still pretty compliant but also quite an amazing performer- I find it very much an amazing Ferrari. I think its one of my most favorite cars ever, it just does so many things so well. As you know, the only real daily issues are front wheel/ tire damage and the thirst- which I am happy to indulge!

6. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Drove it again. Was not feeling that it was too soft although it is more docile in some everyday circumstances.

Clear pros are four wheel steer and upgraded electronics and interior. However the interior ceiling area is smaller and it is more like my 488 then my 430 which makes me slightly sad.

Decided that for the jump to 2016 FF versus Lusso, Lusso wins.

Funny side note, as the Pistas come in I seem to have my choice of Lussos that are available.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations!!

8. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Still waiting

This is taking forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I have an issue w my 812 right out of the gate. Oddly I think it occurred because of the start/stop kind of happened the moment s/s went to turn car back on. I need to do more recon, before I comment.

10. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    What problem? What happened?

11. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I got a matinno error, happened right after car started while stopped in hele mode. It cleared, after turn off turn on after I got home,,, I will defeat it every time now

12. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Interesting. I don’t always remember to defeat it when I set off. I always defeat it when setting off from home. But when out sometimes slips my mind. Hope your error doesn’t return. I have not seen that error when I have forgotten to defeat HELE. Will report back if I ever see similar while HELE mode on.

13. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    My guess is the car had slightly low voltage in the battery and this caused the hiccup.

Solid State likes this.
  14. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Just as you would expect when engaging the starter motor at each and every stop. Not to mention running the motor without oil pressure while doing so.

Caeruleus11 likes this.