Chris Harris: Pista vs Mc 600LT | FerrariChat

Chris Harris: Pista vs Mc 600LT

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Love the rear of the 600LT, so well done esp the exhaust.
    Curios what owners of the Mc have to offer as feedback.

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think the 600 is a spectacular car and if I didn’t already have the 720, I’d add one for sure.

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #3 Shadowfax, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Absolutely. I was very impressed with the chassis and am really not surprised to hear CH say what he has about the way it connects better. 600 definitely has a lot of presence in the flesh too although Pista looks better visually - especially from front on - and has a better engine by far IMO. Pista sounds much better too.

of2worlds and 458-Italia like this.
  4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    600LT going on Autotrader.com for as low as $202K. You can add a 488 or a 720S for the price of a Pista.

5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    An associate had the 600lt for a month, found it better than a 488, no surprise. Swapped out for 720s spider which he prefers.

6. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    In two years, which will be the more important and desirable sports car: the 600LT or the Pista?

Two years later, which is the more important and desirable sports car, the Speciale or the 675 LT?

7. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    This question is biased though, as you may already know. The answer can simply both ways.

8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Jesus- this crap again?? Can’t both cars be good? Can’t both be desirable?

9. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    only problem with MCs including the 600LT with the super slim carbon buckets, if you are over 6ft you are tooooo tall

10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m 6,4” have sat in all of them. Own a 720. No issues at all. The only car I can’t fit in is a lambo.

11. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I had no issues.

12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Yeah, I think I'd take either but that 675LT is a beast and if you have been up close to one you can see how well they are assembled. Performance wise the 675 is in another league.

13. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    My 675LT was the best track car I’ve ever owned. Funny, though; as I look back now, I wish I had kept my Speciale. Hindsight, I suppose, can’t really explain it fully.

4th_gear and Thecadster like this.
  14. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    You still have the 675? I am strongly considering adding one to my garage.

15. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    The only McLarens l have seen in Colorado were a couple of guys who had them shipped out here from Florida so they could drive in the mountains. My biggest disappointments were the sound (turbo) and the interiors were pretty bland. Not exciting.

Ferrari of Denver picks up my 458 Spider and delivers to my home after service. Can’t beat that. We live 3.5 hours away.

Then there is the history, racing heritage and mystique of Ferrari.

The McLaren may be a great car. But there is more to owning a car than just the vehicle. Much more.

Clembo likes this.
  16. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    What?

McLaren has quite the racing heritage, in fact, we have much to thank them for...like the modern day carbon fiber monocoque which is now ubiquitous.

McLaren is also still one of the most successful F1 teams of all time alongside a select few like Ferrari, Lotus, Williams & Mercedes. McLaren has also fielded and won the driver’s championship for many of the sport’s most legendary drivers, Prost, Senna, Hakkinen, Lauda etc just to name a few. That’s plenty pedigree & history...

I do agree though that there is an allure around Ferrari that is just Ferrari. Will McLaren ever get there eventually? Who knows, but to have done so much in such a small window of time as a mainstream supercar manufacturer is mighty impressive.

17. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    you mean the McCheater F1 team that was caught red handed with Pevney. Some legacy to be proud of.

Juvendude likes this.
  18. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I believe McLaren was fined $100 million and the head of their F1 team lost his job for trying to sabotage the Ferrari F1 team. They should have been banned from F1 for life.

Juvendude likes this.
  19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So you have never actually driven one coreect? Might want to give it a shot before throwing the whole brand in the trash.

IPO1 likes this.
  20. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Brand adulation or disdain is counterproductive since it inhibits or impedes upon embarking on new adventures and alternatively illogically maintains past relationships that may require termination.

greg328, Doctor Mark and IloveGT like this.
  21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The real car people can appreciate all marques, new and old.

greg328, Doctor Mark, IloveGT and 4 others like this.
  22. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Feel same way about Patriots.

23. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Even the best of all drivers like Michael Schumacher have dark moments in their past. Does that completely negate their overall achievements? As with all things in life, you can choose to either see all the good in things or just the bad.

And whether you like it or not, the facts still stand, McLaren has plenty of pedigree and racing history, and every manufacturer has enjoyed their technological innovations from racing in varying degrees.

Still don't get why one would need to poop on one moniker to validate that another is better. There really are no losers here, our generation is so fortunate to be living in this booming time of supercars...truly, what a time to be a driver. Enjoy it while it lasts!!!

redcaruser and SoCal to az like this.
  25. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Post of the month. Hilarious!