The Purosangue Thread | Page 29 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I’m waiting for the 612/FF/Lusso gang to string you up!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Bamsefar and MDEL like this.
  2. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    The Urus is just a nice crap, it isn't even special enough to live up to its Lamborghini name. The Bentley Bentayga is the best SUV I've ever driven.

3. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  4. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I've never driven the Urus or the Bentayga but some people I know who drove them and whose analysis I trust, told me they prefer the Bentayga like you do.

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  5. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Ferrari will sell a lot of this SUV car, maybe sales of Lusso will go down a little
    If Ferrari want they will make Purosangue best selling ever Ferrari ... first daily driven Ferrari

6. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    I recently was invited to the - still secret - introduction of the Aston Martin DBX, their first SUV and I have to say that I was impressed. Still an Aston but offering loads of space with a superb quality finishing and very attractively priced (for that segment). They obviously were looking for pre-orders, whereas I could not test the 8-cilinder. The competitive space of SUV's is getting smaller thus now also in the upper segment. I am very curious as to how Ferrari wants to stand out and can't wait to see the first images. I am not ordering anything yet :)

Caeruleus11 and Themaven like this.
  7. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    this V8 is only engine for aston suv?

8. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  9. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Did you drive the car ? if so what was your impression ?

10. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    The V8 is the only available engine ... rumors though say there could be a V12 in the future. When it concerns an SUV-type of car, I believe a V8 would be the right choice.

11. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    No Mario, one could not drive it ... all remained behind the curtain. They said sound was fantastic but the engine was not fired up. So my judgment is just on appearance, design and quality finish. It was a very appealing car to me and out of all luxury SUV-type of cars, my favorite thus far. It is classy whereas the Urus is more sporty (which is not my thing for an SUV; when one wants sporty, there are other models available). I was told that as of November 18 I could tell them the required specs but never have liked to buy a car without getting a feel, thus drive it. With approx. CHF225,000 as (basic)price - apparently with a lot of specs which included the glass roof -, I believe it to be very competitive.

12. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    William that's a very interesting SUV with a superb interior at a very competitive price. From what I read the DBX will be equipped with the same 4 liter V8 twin turbo engine of the DB11 which is made by Daimler-Benz and produces 503 hp, more than enough in an SUV.

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
  14. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    :)

15. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  16. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    #717 Innovativethinker, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    did you try the Speed version?

comparison:

17. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    so SUV will also have back lights like Roma? I think Roma looks nice and SUV could be designed in similar style

18. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    In the case the Purosangue rear side will be inspired by the Roma's I think they can't be wrong.

Astrid.Didier and therryzsx like this.
  19. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    When we talk about the future Purosangue we shouldn't forget that the Ferrari 308 GT4 Safari that you see in the pictures below was created by Ferrari to understand how it would be one of its cars, if it had been turned into a car prepared for rallies. The 308 GT4 was created in 1975 and could be considered the first Ferrari with off-road characteristics and therefore the real ancestor of the Purosangue.
    The 308 GT4 has always been considered as a low-level Ferrari not particularly appreciated by collectors. Nevertheless it is equipped with a 3.0-liter V8 engine , paired with four Weber carburetors and coupled with a five-speed gearbox. The 240 hp produced by the engine were discharged to the ground by the rear wheels, while the maximum speed stood at almost 250 km / h, with a sprint from 0-100 covered in 6.4 seconds. Not bad, then.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc likes this.
  20. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    I am vehemently for this. :)

tomc likes this.
  21. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    DBX has different state of tune to Vantage/C63. It produces 545bhp and 516 lb ft. At a recent DBS driving event at Millbrook, an Aston test driver told me that they have engineered the DBX to enable the V12 to fit.

Suspect Purosagne will be hybrid V8.

MDEL likes this.
  22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Well I think Enzo himself would arrange for you to wake up with a Cavalino head in the footend of your bed for saying that.:)

Don't forget what kind of car the old man himself preferred to drive. Nothing is more Enzo Ferrari than a comfortable 2+2 V12. Many people alsays guess that one would probably see him zoom around in a red 250 Cali or a 330 GTC, or perhaps a 275 GTS. But no, that was not the Enzo way. An Azzurro 2+2 cruising along with a V12 doing the work was his style. I'm sure he would be the first to tell you that a 250 GTE or a 330 2+2 is a very proper Ferrari. He was also a fan of the 400. The loss of the full size 2+2 V12 leaves a gap and it removes what is a big part of Ferrari heritage. I'm sure the Chelsea Tractor will sell in large numbers, but unlike a V12 2+2 which is as much a real Ferrari as it gets, the FUV will never be that imo.

Radu and Vladislav Pochuev like this.
  23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Live up to the Lamborghini name? I don't think Lamborghini have had much to lose in that regard for two decades. The natural stomping ground for Lamborghini these days, are the city in front of a nightclub being revved mercilessly by some coked up trust fund kid. The Urus fit right into the current Lambo demographic, and frankly, so does the Bentayga. I wouldn't be caught dead in either. You should give the new G class a try though. Great car and while showy, it somehow manages to retain some dignity and class.

uhn2000 and Astrid.Didier like this.
  24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It has a certain charm, but off road it's not as good as a LR is. On road a sporty SUV is better. So, I struggle to see the point.