Similar to M3/M4 but AWD | FerrariChat

Similar to M3/M4 but AWD

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by MotorMouth, Nov 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    With all the car models these days you’d think there’s something to satisfy anyone. But I’m finding a hole. I want a C63 amg or M4 but AWD is a must. To get that it seems I have to go way down market to RS4, CLA 45 amg. Alternatively I would need to go way upmarket to the M5, Panamera, E63 amg. But they are too expensive and a bit large and heavy for what I really want anyway. So unless I’m missing something? I think there’s an Alfa Quadra-whatever that fits the bill but I want mainstream, not maintenance. Somehow I keep coming back to the Macan and it’s not even a car.

2. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Don't buy the Alfa.

I love them but I have never owned a modern Alfa that didn't need to go in for an electrical issue.

Seriously stay away from them especially if you are far away from a dealer and or have little patience.

Honestly you should try a 340i with awd. The cars are friggin quick.

3. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    The new x3M is supposed to be pretty awesome

4. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    RS5?

gt1995, MotorMouth and LI2782 like this.
  5. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    Sport back is one of the best looking cars on the road! Great suggestions.

6. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Agree, I think the sportback looks awesome :)

7. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It took me a minute to figure out how the rs5 got by me. I’m looking at low mile used vehicles, and it looks like the rs5 had a 3 year hiatus. The new one is out of reach but I may go back an extra year or two, for the previous generation rs5. I like that it was still a v8 anyway.

8. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    I bought a used 2014 RS5 Convertible last year to be my daily driver for exactly this reason. Wanted AWD and liked the naturally aspirated V8. And I really was taken by the optional Nardo Gray paint color

It’s been a great car. Main issues/risks seem to be OEM brakes (I just replaced mine with aftermarket) and some engine carbon buildup issues (which I have been on the watch for). Just watch out for one that has been taken care of. Mine had only been driven 24k miles in 4 years and was pristine.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

MotorMouth likes this.