F8 at LFSC | FerrariChat

F8 at LFSC

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by mlcor, Nov 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    Had a (very) brief test drive of the F8 that is currently at LFSC today. As you might expect, I didn't have the opportunity to really push the car at all, plus they have snow tires on it given the weather. Nevertheless, since I've never driven a 458/488, it was fun to get a brief sample. The car is, of course, stupid fast and much tighter than my Portofino, as you would expect. This one had the optional racing seats, which I actually liked, but for someone bigger than me (I'm very average size), they would be tight.

No upgraded dash, so it remains like the 488 with two small screens flanking the tachometer, no large touchscreen like the Porto, and no massive all--touch screen like the Roma. However, the dealer says the next generation will have that..but may also be a hybrid. So it's possible this will be the last "pure" mid-engined Ferrari? We shall see.

Anyway, even that short drive was fun. If it weren't for the almost complete lack of storage space, I'd love the spider version when it comes out, but I need to be more "practical" than that...

absostone likes this.
  2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I guess pulling up in a newer Fcar helps Lol

3. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    Nope, pulled up in my daily driver, the Porto is in storage for the winter. But I did buy it there, so that’s probably why I got the invite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

absostone likes this.
  4. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Yea that too!

mlcor likes this.
  5. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Portofino is a great car. I owned a Cali and it was my favorite Ferrari thus far (fun, practical, could fit 4 adults to/from the harbor, lower key..). Portofino blows the Cali out of the water. Congrats on getting one!

Drove the F8 myself as well. Great car, turbo lag is nonexistent. A tad quieter than the 458 but still an exciting noise. A few pics.

PS, there is a very exciting car that showed up there as well :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

mlcor likes this.