Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 119 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yes but then so is F8 once you option it up properly so it looks half decent. These are all expensive toys anyway so they may as well be very special to drive.

2. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    The F8 looks great to me...love the light silver. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #2953 Shadowfax, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Make out of this what you will but what he says at 8:50 is rather interesting....says is better than Pista (so not sure what to make of that)? I would agree though it is a stunning car in the right color and spec - set off with the right options! Love the CF on the rear deck lid and around the car....makes it special!

elmadi and Astrid.Didier like this.
  4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    If you listen closely you will hear its better than Pista to his way of thinking because he is less worried about mileage and tracking the car.

Shadowfax and of2worlds like this.
  5. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    This is spot on. I’ve always viewed the track specials as the car Ferrari would have made if they didn’t have to appeal to the masses. I know this probably isn’t the case, just my way of viewing it. I have always preferred the hardcore models over the regular cars. Even if you never make it to the track, they turn every drive into an event. That’s the way it should be when you spend $400k on a car. It should be an event every time you start the engine. If you put a 488 in comfort mode in automatic, you can barely tell it’s a Ferrari (that’s why you should always drive in race mode and keep it in low gear!!).

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    This.

Anyone that tells you to drive an F car in auto mode just has no freaking clue what they are talking about.

7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The track focused versions of the regular production cars are more thrilling, engaging and compelling to drive in All circumstances. I comprehend why some prefer a more comfortable, refined and compliant super car but for me that represents an oxymoron.

8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    They also seem to be built better. Ive noticed with the Mac's as well.

9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    The sad reality is that Ferrari's auto shift programming is so basic and outdated it is impossible to extract any form of excitement least of all enjoyment unless the car is being driven off the paddles in manual mode. Anyone who is satisfied driving their Ferrari in Auto mode needs to ask themselves the hard question are they in the right car.

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Oh you are so lucky. BTW you got to see your car in person before buying. Ive seen 4 Pistas now and if any were mine I would have rejected them for the very bad paint on the bonnet. I dare say this is because its carbon. Must have something to do with it. Pits all over the paint. Gee on car had a paint run. I believe you have better luck when its a cost option colour to get a better paint job

of2worlds likes this.
  11. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I believe Auto is there just to get the engine up to Temperature then its OFFFFF

12. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    elmadi, Dat, perrinnation and 6 others like this.
  13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I've listened over what he said a number of times now and it is clear that he is saying that after his experience driving the Pista on the track he has since found the F8 "astoundingly good and even better than the Pista", and not better for any reason to do with being able to not worry about accruing mileage or track duty.

Sure this is just his opinion but considering he does appear to have access to track all of these cars from Ferrari leaves me now wondering what exactly is it that he found better in the F8 on the track over the Pista to say F8 is better. So I can only logically assume "better" is to do with being even more capable on the circuit than Pista, and not to do with accruing mileage or being cheaper to track than Pista. Confusing really.

14. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I can tell you having listened several times as well as driven both cars quite hard- that's just not accurate.

Boomhauer likes this.
  15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Opinions will always vary due to each individual’s priorities and preferences coupled with the driver’s capabilities and discerning abilities. Ultimately, the only opinion that counts is the one buying and owning.

16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I believe you - no question there as your account also supports Ferrari's own claims. But what he says is hard to overlook unless he has confused himself in the course of making his own vid.

I will say that it is definitely odd for Ferrari to have omitted the new interior from Pista - there was no sense in doing that if Pista was indeed the last special version. So with that in mind, and knowing Ferrari could have easily and readily used the new interior in Pista, it lends question to their being an F8 special version which would see the new interior used.

of2worlds likes this.
  17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #2967 Shadowfax, Nov 21, 2019
    Agree and in this case maybe he rates the ease of use/performance/speed etc of F8 in comparison to Pista on track as being his interpretation of being "better". Some guys really like the car being able to do it all for them as it makes them look more competent as a driver when in truth their first "off" will probably be their last because of the car being that bit too easy.

of2worlds likes this.
  18. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    All I can say is we listened to the same video, multiple times, and we have different conclusions. I think he is saying he doesn't want to worry about investment type things when taking a car to the track- and he would apply that investment type thinking to the Pista and not F8. My opinion is he will be seriously missing out!

I don't think you can read anything into which interior they used, etc. Only time will show us if they do a special F8 model. I really have no idea.

One thing to add about the F8- in race mode, it feels like they've taken the car a bit closer to the sense of fun and playfulness that was present in the 458 and I found lacking in the 488 GTB. I like the updated steering wheel, its a little thinner and a little smaller in diameter. Anyone getting an F8 will be very happy!

of2worlds and Shadowfax like this.
  19. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    Guess who drove an F8 today? That's right, this guy.

Car looks great in person. Interior reminded me a lot of my 812 with a lot of the same styling elements and knobs. Tighter cabin obviously.

Overall it's a nice drive! Maybe a little too quite for my taste. I drove my 812 before and after and it's a different world though. I'm gonna stick with the V12 as my main car. Really appreciated the change to take it for a spin (and the wife got one as well).

20. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #2970 Shadowfax, Nov 21, 2019
    Ok let's just say we both interpreted different things there. I can only put it down to him being so caught up making and clipping his video together that he confused his own message. I also note that part had been clipped just before he said what he did.

If Pista is the last special version then all I can read into Ferrari not installing the later interior is laziness. I mean you would expect the last special version to have at least what the F8 had as an interior update as a simple matter of course...and courtesy to the buyer. It'd be like Porsche releasing the GT2rs with the gen 1 interior etc.....makes no sense especially with Pista being claimed as the last SV.

Also agree F8's steering wheel is an improvement but mainly in the area of using the later indicator buttons.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Well, I'm not sure I would agree with your conclusion about being lazy. They really pushed themselves with the Pista. Changing the interior would be fairly easy relative to the things they did on the engine and elsewhere.

I take them at their own word- the F8 is a tribute car- to the great V8 Ferraris throughout the years. Presumably, things will change after the F8. So maybe they just wanted to spruce up the interior for the tribute model. I definitely agree the interior on the Pista is very familiar- but it is still special feeling and a nice place to be.

Boomhauer and Shadowfax like this.
  22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Maybe lazy is the wrong word. OK let me just say "missed an opportunity then" - one they should really have taken given it was the last SV and, having the means to do so having the parts rolling around their feet -like a lost soccer ball - again doesn't add up unless they wanted to keep their options open by releasing another "last" SV. Let's face it these days Ferrari says one thing then next thing you know Ferrari does another.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  23. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thats possible, but I think you're reading too much into it. They can do whatever they want and we will know when they want us to know.

Shadowfax likes this.
  24. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I actually had a couple small issues: 1) alignment of interior door panel which dealer fixed in a day 2) drivers seat that was squeaking pretty bad but fixed by simply moving the seat forward and back 3) a piece of tape that came loose in the dash. All simple stuff that you would assume would have been caught upfront but the rest of the car was solid and the paint in very good shape.

MANDALAY likes this.
  25. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Probably am Caereleus11 - and yes they are becoming a bit of a surprise package in recent times - and not too confidence inspiring. It's nice to know that what they (the dealer and Ferrari) say will actually hold true.

Caeruleus11 likes this.