Things Just Got Real | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Things Just Got Real

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Oct 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carrerarsr

Carrerarsr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Pista landed at the Dealer yesterday. Can only go there next week for pickup. He didnt want to send pictures not to ruin the surprise. Pics will follow next week.

2. MawxwellPista

MawxwellPista Rookie

Aug 8, 2019
  3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Congrats to the new deliveries. Is there any way to find out which boat your car is on and track it? I know Porsche allows that.....not sure about Ferrari.

4. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    Just got a call from the dealer...car is at the port as of yesterday. Now we just wait for the truck to haul it west. Come on, baby!!!

SoCal to az and PhilNotHill like this.
  5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Scottsdale right?? Congrats! I’m still a few weeks out.

FordGTDriver likes this.
  6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    A beaut. What is the color?
    Is this grigio ferro?

7. FordGTDriver

Jun 9, 2007
    Thanks! We've got a place in Arizona and in Utah. My dealer is Ferrari Salt Lake City, but the car will be hauled straight to the Valley of the Sun once it arrives. No winter salt allowed. :)

of2worlds and SoCal to az like this.
  8. MawxwellPista

MawxwellPista Rookie

Aug 8, 2019
    Thank you! Grigio Scuro

of2worlds and ScottS like this.
  9. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Exciting times ahead!

Gr. Martin

10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    It’s been 32 days since my Pista went Status 90. Over a month it’s been on the water. I’ll be honest, I’m getting super anxious! It’s been fine till now but now I’m ready to take delivery of car.

The wait is now officially killing me!

11. FordGTDriver

Jun 9, 2007
    Mine has been sitting at the port for over two weeks now, and still no word on a truck to haul it West...this is my least favourite part of the process. Its just all so terribly cruel...wait, did I just type the quintessential example of a first world problem?

12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    definitely first world problems for you and I. I want my half a million dollar Ferrari and I want it now! lol

sampelligrino likes this.
  13. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Mine is at stage 90. Keep one thing in mind as to when our cars will be released from NJ. Race does not recognize revenue for financial reporting purposes until the car is released from port (in the US that is New Jersey ie FNA). The importance of this is the ability for Race to manage earnings.
    For example: if Race told analysts they would deliver 2,000 cars in the 4th quarter and by December 1st they have already delivered (left port) 2,010 cars, likely all cars at port or that arrive in port by 12-31-2019 will not be released until the first quarter of 2020.

Just ask your dealer towards the end of any past quarter ie did a more than normal cars arrive or get released at the end of the quarter or was there a delay and more than normal show up shortly after the quarter.
    This is all about Race meeting and exceeding analyst numbers.

14. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    FWIW this is what I was told when my 488 was released later than expected from customs/port, to fall in a later quarter from spring to summer (q2->q3)

15. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray

Was told the same thing about my Pista, if the 4th qtr quota is met than I'll wait till Jan 2020 otherwise I'll see it by xmas.

16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Well that sucks but I get it. Id do the same in my business. Im fine with waiting till January but id just like to know one way or the other so I can plan appropriately.

17. FordGTDriver

Jun 9, 2007
    Well, here's hoping that they don't hold my car for nearly 7 weeks to meet quota...I'm sure the poor dealers, and especially the salesman, hate this. Imagine how lean Christmas would be if a commissioned salesman has several cars that should have been delivered in November or December, but were instead held until January. Those months are not known for being great for sales off the showroom floor...

18. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    If they were going to game the quarter, they should done so at the factory and not at the port. Sorry, but if true, that is piss poor.

phrogs and of2worlds like this.
  19. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    It is true! Ferrari (RACE) does not recognize revenue when a car leaves the factory.revenue is recognized when the car is released from destination port to the dealer. That is when the dealer is billed.

20. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I get it. But were the not intending to release to the dealer until Jan 1, they should not have put the car in port the middle of November. That is absurd.

Frozenguy likes this.
  21. Carrerarsr

Sep 29, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #146 Carrerarsr, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    Tomorrow is pickup day. Will not be registered since its winter time here. I will see her tomorrow for the first time in person.. There was just no time until now..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Frigging Fantastic!!!!

Thecadster likes this.
  23. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    phrogs, Frozenguy, energy88 and 5 others like this.
  24. Carrerarsr

Sep 29, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Ok, the day of the days I ve been waiting for. Before its unreal and now its real. Didnt take the car with me, will be delivered but it still hard to realize for me what happened. What a stunning car. No more words now. Wait for spring and drive. To all the one waiting for it, every second is worth it.
    They told me that until Feb 2020, Pistas coupe or spiders will be made. After that its all F8, no more Pistas.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. FordGTDriver

Jun 9, 2007
    Wow! VERY NICE! Looks clean and quite unique without the stripe. You are obviously a man of refined tastes :)

Carrerarsr likes this.