308 speaker sizes? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

308 speaker sizes?

Discussion in '308/328' started by 308jim, Jan 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jim rosenthal

jim rosenthal Karting

Sep 10, 2006
    Just looking at this old thread for door speakers in 308s. I have an '85 308 QV berlinetta. It has a Blaupunkt cassette am/fm/ unit which must have been dealer-installed when the car was new. I would like to replace the door speakers while the car is in the shop getting the power windows seen to, as well as a major service and cleaning to get it back on the road. I would like to find speakers that will fit in the fctory openings and go behind the existing door panels- I want the car to look original. Can anyone tell me what they've used lately that will mount without cutting, sound good, nad fit behind the factory door panel? Thank you in advacne for any help.

2. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Most anything is going to look original if it fits the space behind the leather door-panel.

3. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan
    Crutchfield has some pods that are used for jeeps they fit a 4” coax speaker that will give a little bit more mid and tweeter. They should fit in the angled space in the corner without looking obtrusive. I still have to get things installed.

I went with:
    • Pioneer AVH-3500NEX DVD Receiver
    • Morel Maximo Coax 6 6-1/2" 2-Way Speakers in the door
    • Morel Maximo Coax 4 4" 2-Way Speakers for the rear deck in Select Increments Versa-Pod 4" Speaker Pods

4. Goodspeed

Goodspeed Rookie

Dec 2, 2020
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Well, I have exactly this question and seems like no one ever answered it. There's a lot of random noise in this thread.

Here is some confirmed info: The (original) speakers that just came out of my 1985 308 QV (while my mechanic was working on the window) are labeled Ferrari Ref. 61717800 (20W RMS, 40W Max, 4 Ohm, by Autosonik, as others have said).

They measure 6.25" diameter at their widest, 2.25" deep top to bottom with 1" of that being magnet, and the magnet is 3.25" diameter.

I am going to look for replacements that fit in, behind the stock leather perforated door panels.

5. ValentinoQV

ValentinoQV Karting

Jun 29, 2016
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Lindsay Vannoy
    My car is a 1985 GTS QV. After much searching I found a set of JL Audio C2 600X speakers which have a 6" diameter. Note that 6 1/2” speakers are just slightly too big for the door recess. The tweeters are adjustable and still allowed me to use the original speaker grill. Hope this helps your search. Cheers.

For those interested, here are the specs for the speakers.
    • 6" 2-Way Car Audio Coaxial Speaker System
    • 0.75" Silk dome tweeters
    • Mineral-filled polypropylene cones
    • Stamped steel frames
    • 60W RMS
    • 225W Peak
    • 4 Ohm
    • System Efficiency: 90.5dB
    • Frequency Response: 59 Hz - 22 KHz
    • Mounting Depth: 2.38"

[​IMG][​IMG]