ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING ***SPOILER*** | Page 2 | FerrariChat

ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING ***SPOILER***

Discussion in 'F1' started by william, Nov 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Because we don't know. That's a real race fan. Not just "one" that wants a "scripted" (aka close) show. ;)

2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I don't understand that comment. Don't you like to watch motor racing?
    Or is it only the results that matters to you ?
    I have been following F1 for 58 years, and very often could guess who would win before the start.
    That never stopped me from watching, and I never considered it "a waste of time".
    I guess I am from a different cloth ...
    Also, any race can bring unpredictable ending.

3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Ferrari has not had the same pace since the rules were “clarified”. The earlier season boost was only a brief mirage.

4. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I do like motor racing. It's a shame there's so little of it in F1.

Jack-the-lad, kandi and Jakuzzi like this.
  5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Or maybe is something else.....

6. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    They still are the fastest at the fast sectors, but they´re loosing half a second in the last one. Peak downforce always has been the problem with this car.

Also Mercedes has brought an aero update and Red Bull an engine update for these last races while Ferrari hasn´t anything new since Singapore.

7. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Like better things to do in life. :) See you guys in 2021 ( We ALL know that 2020 has already been gifted to MB & LH44...... Again! :( ) ;)

fil likes this.
  8. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Wow, Vettel needs to go...

9. So many words.
    I thought that's what I said in the post just above yours. :p

:)

Jakuzzi likes this.
  10. Hmmmppphhh.
    Every time there's a GP, there's a lights out and a checker.
    20 Formula One cars trying to get from the former to the latter first in between both.
    I have yet to see a GP that didn't have a race.

Ooooohhhhhh. You mean you're not a race fan; you want a show. I suggest the theatre. They do a real good job of it. ;)

11. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Ham was untouchable today. Merc are on another level here.

Comforting to see Ferrari maintaining their impressive form... of bungling strategy and screwing leclerc in q3. Quite exceptional incompetence as usual.

The rest - who cares.

Race looks set to be unusually dull.

12. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Race should be dull.

LeClerc not making the line to run a last qualifying lap in Q3... rediculous as usual Ferrari...

Robb

13. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Agreed. You are probably more up on the specific sector results on the earlier races right before the engine rules were “clarified”, but weren’t they also losing time in twists before only to have colossal advantages in the straights? My point is that the advantages in the straights no longer are sufficient to offset the disadvantages in the turns.

william likes this.
  14. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I´d have to check the data for previous races but loosing half a second just in one sector is quite a lot, I doubt that it could be recovered anyway. The low downforce also means that they get to the last twisty sector with overheated tyres.

Ironically they won at a high downforce track like Singapore, but they had a specific aero pack for that. It seems that either they had a lot of downforce like at Singapore or not enough like here, but they can´t get a good drag/downforce balance with this car. Something to look after for next season.

Thecadster likes this.
  15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    The look of Piero Ferrari's face when Leclerc failed to get the lap in says it all ,wish i could lip read Italian!:eek:

16. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Last year should have been his final season. Now the idiocy is for next year as well LOL! If you defend Vettel now you are blind as an F1 fan LOL!

william likes this.
  17. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Mercedes Formula 1 driver Valtteri Bottas says he has been battling an illness during the entire Abu Dhabi Grand Prix weekend.

The Finn, whose chances of a strong result were dashed before the weekend started when he needed an engine change, said after qualifying that he had started feeling worse since he landed in Abu Dhabi.

Bottas finished qualifying in second place behind team-mate Lewis Hamilton, but will start from the back of the grid following two powerunit changes ahead of the grid-deciding session.

"Well, I'm feeling better already than a couple of days ago," Bottas, visibly and audibly unwell during the press conference, said.

"I've been quite ill this week since Monday night. So when I travelled here, it got worse. But in the car, it doesn't matter. You know, the adrenaline kicks in and you feel normal."

Bottas had been quickest in both Friday practice sessions, but was unable to match Hamilton's pace in Q3, finishing 0.194 seconds behind the world champion.

18. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Mercedes does everything right. Ferrari everything wrong

william and DGS like this.
  19. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Could it just be that the Mercs slowed down on the out lap because they knew if they did there was a good chance that Leclerc would be shut out? After all, you know they aren't afraid of Vettel, but Charles is a different story. Ferrari should have sent Charles out before Vettel.

Robb likes this.
  20. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    No point looking for other excuses. Ferrari messed up as usual. Simple as that.

william likes this.
  21. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Not making excuses. Just saying Ferrari got played by Merc, .....again.

22. Aaahhh, the perpetual, elusive, search for excuses; rather than facing reality, the reason for one's failure, and rectifying the situation.

Excuses just relieve one's self of the responsibility of improving. ;)

23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Mercedeschat is not very apealing to ferrari fans..

kes7u and Jakuzzi like this.
  24. 'It have an F1 Board?

Jakuzzi likes this.